Papyrus calendar replacement app (beta version)

Guest drblow

Guest tonijj
Can you install this version straight over the top of the old version and it'll keep all appointments etc?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes.

Guest amitregev

The Smartphone OS automatically removes the old version of the same software whenever you try to install a new version, so this should be right not only for Papyrus, but all other Smartphone applications :)

This is one of the better ideas MS implemented with the Smartphone OS which is still not in the PPC, but I'm pretty sure will soon also come to the PPC; Maybe this is already the way things are working with WM5 - I still haven't tried it 8)

Guest sneckcids

Problems with KeyTouch's MultiPlay for smartphones:

With Keep Track, Papyrus and Power Calendar smartphone software, when I try to edit appointments or tasks or to enter transactions in Keep Track, the cursor doesn't leave some fields and sometimes the whole system blocks. :)

Guest Jacobus
Hi Jacobus :)

If you will use larger font size you will simply have really little information visible on your screen, which is really small as you mentioned, but we have no problem adding this option of courseĀ  8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had compared to Power Calender which has bigger font size and looks OK.

Guest amitregev
Had compared to Power Calender which has bigger font size and looks OK.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see :) as I mentioned, we will be adding larger font size, so I hope this will help a bit ;)

Guest rpitera
I see :) as I mentioned, we will be adding larger font size, so I hope this will help a bit ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even with the font size this app is head and shoulders abov PowerCalendar. The only thing that could make it better would be if Patrick Sullivan would tie the Scrolling Appointments plugin so that when you clicked on the appt it went to the correct date....

Any news on this?

I'm not sure if this has always been the case (it was like this in 1.1.19 and still in 1.1.21), but when I view an appointment or task in Papyrus, then press 'Home' and get back in to Papyrus (either through XBar or re-loading Papyrus), the soft keys stop working. I have to kill Papyrus and reload to resume.

The soft keys still function if I press home from the other views (e.g. Grid, Tasks, Daily).

Thanks for sorting out the task updating issue, by the way!

Guest SinisterJunkie
Even with the font size this app is head and shoulders abov PowerCalendar.Ā  The only thing that could make it better would be if Patrick Sullivan would tie the Scrolling Appointments plugin so that when you clicked on the appt it went to the correct date....

Any news on this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure if you have checked out Facade, but if not I think you might be impressed. Facade (Version 0.91) will not launch the individual appointment or task, but that is in the works. Facade it already the best calendar or task plugin for the Smartphone.

Guest amitregev
Not sure if you have checked out Facade, but if not I think you might be impressed.Ā  Facade (Version 0.91) will not launch the individual appointment or task, but that is in the works.Ā  Facade it already the best calendar or task plugin for the Smartphone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have an inside source that tells me that Facade will really soon open the actual item in Papyrus too ;)

In case other plugin developers would also like to connect to Papyrus and open items with Papyrus directly this can be done using our public Papyrus API that can be downloaded from the following URL:

http://downloads.sbsh.net/products/smartph...CommandsAPI.zip

I hope this will help other developers that wish to connect to Papyrus too. If anyone who works with this API needs any help feel free to email me at [email protected] with any question and I will be more then glad to help as much as possible :)

Guest amitregev
I'm not sure if this has always been the case (it was like this in 1.1.19 and still in 1.1.21), but when I view an appointment or task in Papyrus, then press 'Home' and get back in to Papyrus (either through XBar or re-loading Papyrus), the soft keys stop working. I have to kill Papyrus and reload to resume.

The soft keys still function if I press home from the other views (e.g. Grid, Tasks, Daily).

Thanks for sorting out the task updating issue, by the way!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi argh :)

I'm not sure what might be the cause for this issue, so I will have to check this and see if I'm able to find what might be the cause for this ;)

I'm glad to hear that the task updating issue is now wokring OK for you :(

• 1 month later...
Guest amitregev

Hi all :o

I'm glad to announce we've just released a new Papyrus version, version 1.1.24 8)

You can read more about the new version and download it from the following URL:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6534

I hope you will all enjoy the new update! :(

Cheers :lol:

What's new in Papyrus version 1.1.24?

* All of Papyrus setting screens re-designed to fit new QVGA devices.

* Papyrus About screen re-designed to fit new QVGA devices.

* Custom reminder dialog re-designed to fit new QVGA devices.

* New appointment dialog re-designed to fit new QVGA devices.

* New task dialog re-designed to fit new QVGA devices.

ver_1124_1.jpg

* New "More" popup menu added on the Daily view. Option "Go to date" moved inside the new "More" popup menu.

* New "Duplicate" option added inside the "More" popup menu on the daily view. Allowing to duplicate appointments, tasks and contacts when highlighting a contact special event.

* New "Duplicate" option added inside the "More" popup menu on the list view. Allowing to duplicate appointments, tasks and contacts when highlighting a contact special event.

ver_1124_2.jpg

* Registration window re-designed to work with new QVGA devices.

* Font size options re-sized for QVGA devices.

* Problem with line breaking when viewing appointments or tasks on the note field fixed.

* Problem with tasks on certain MPX devices with 2002 OS loading only tasks that start with A,B or C fixed.

* New translation resources added for English, Dutch, German, Spanish, French and Russian with Papyrus. After installation the user can choose any of these translations for Papyrus interface.

ver_1124_3.jpg

Edited by amitregev

• 2 weeks later...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still seem to have this issue with 1.1.24. Has anyone else reproduced this problem? If not, maybe there is something that I can do to help. C500 with WM2003SE, by the way.

The line breaks in the notes field are nice by the way. I wasn't really bothered by them before, but it looks a lot neater with them working and I don't have to edit the item to read it easily.

...cool...on the K-Jam as well?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's actually a post in the forum (here) saying that it does (sort of) work with the PPC version of WM5.

It isn't formatted too well though and Amit said that as they're focussing on the Smartphone, they won't put too much effort in to fixing it.

I seem to remember something about them having a deal with some other vendors (such as the Pocket Informant people) that they weren't going to release Papyrus on PPC, so I'm not sure how this will turn out.

• 1 month later...
Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi Amit I don't know if its a problem with Papyrus or Facade but birthdays, anniversaries etc (I.E. appointments generated from dates saved on contacts) don't show on the Facade screen :cry:

Whats worse I got hours of tongue pie for forgetting the mother-in-laws birthday because it was not on my homescreen :cry:

Guest shadamehr

For reasons as yet unknown, Facade has suddenly stopped showing ANY of my Calendar entries on its screen, but everything else including Tasks is fine, and I don't even use Papyrus yet.

So I suspect this is a Facade and INBUILT Calendar matching issue...

Guest SinisterJunkie
Hi Amit I don't know if its a problem with Papyrus or Facade but birthdays, anniversaries etc (I.E. appointments generated from dates saved on contacts) don't show on the Facade screen :cry:

Whats worse I got hours of tongue pie for forgetting the mother-in-laws birthday because it was not on my homescreen :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Birthdays and Anniversaries (generated from contact information) are not yet supported in Facade, but I believe that it is on Todd's todo List.

Guest SinisterJunkie
For reasons as yet unknown, Facade has suddenly stopped showing ANY of my Calendar entries on its screen, but everything else including Tasks is fine, and I don't even use Papyrus yet.

So I suspect this is a Facade and INBUILT Calendar matching issue...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which version of Facade are you using. Todd added support for WM5 to v0.95. There has been some discussion on the SBSH forum on WM5 devices still not updating properly and Todd is looking into it.

• 1 month later...
Guest SinisterJunkie

A new version of Papyrus is in beta now. The main focun is WM5 & QVGA support. Amit is working to add some additional features and get v1.2 released as soon as possible.