Papyrus calendar replacement app (beta version)

Guest drblow

Guest amitregev

We've just updated to version 0.9.07 :D

You can read more about this version on the following URL:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3061

What's new in version 0.9.07?

ver_0907.jpg

* New option added to set date format on the list view window title.

* Problem with "Delete" option grayed on the menu fixed.

* Problem with color settings and "My Text" settings when installing Papyrus on a storage card solved.

* Problem with box symbol added at the end of 'My Text' empty fields fixed.

* New settings added under the defaults settings page to set up to 10 "My Text" fields for the location field when creating a new appointment.

* When the location edit box is in focus on the "New/Edit appointment" dialog clicking on the "Insert My Text" option will open the pre-defined "My Text Location".

* When the Subject edit box is in focus on the "New/Edit appointment" dialog clicking on the "Insert My Text" option will open the pre-defined "My Text Subject".

* The "Insert My Text" option on the "New/Edit appointment" dialog will only be enabled when the subject or location edit boxes are in focus.

* New larger daily timeline added on the monthly view "daily quick list" when it is enabled.

* About screen added under the settings section including version number.

* Problem when selecting to input the '0' My Text field using the zero button fixed.

I have been following the updates but am actually waiting for the first 1.0 release, any time frame and when I click on my calender on the homescreen will it take me to papyrus or the built in app from MS?

Guest amitregev

Hi ppcmd :D

We hope to have the first version ready in lee then a month, there is a lot of work to do and many additional things we want to add, but I think we will make it 8)

Regarding home screen, currently if you use the default home screen plugin it will open the default calendar software, but, if you will install the rotating appts home screen plugin you can set it to open Papyrus - so this is our currently recommended solution :D

Thanks for the update. One of the challenges for a newbie or not so skilled SP users is creating/editing a homescreen to include your plugin. I'm new to the smartphone world and have yet to figure out how to tweak a homesceen let alone how to edit the xml code. It would be easier and alot more new users would pick up on the app if it could either replace the builtin schedule app or have some other way to link to it.

Thanks.

Guest Dr Forinor

^ I'm sorry, but I must stupid :D

How do use the plugin for Papyrus? My papyrus.lnk is in "Storage\windows\Start Menu\Papyrus.lnk", so i edited out your "Office", is this correct? What should I see on the phone?

Guest jackofall

Fromthe SBSH forums

Hi everyone,

I just found out how to call Papyrus from the standard appointment plugin in HS.

Just change HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\RAI\:MSCALENDER\1

from ':MSPOUTLOOK calender'

to the path and name of Papyrus (which is '\Storage\widnows\papyrus\papyrus.exe') and

REBOOT your phone.

Ingo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rest of the thread here http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3094&hl=

Guest amitregev
Hi, very nice app, but missing one, for me, important feature: week numbers. Any chance you could include that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Lojt :D

We are now working on the next update and I'll try to add it for the next update. If I won't make it then I will have the week numbers support for one week later 8)

We plan some major additions in the upcoming update :D

Guest amitregev
Fromthe SBSH forums

rest of the thread here http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3094&hl=

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This will teak the default calendar home screen plugin to point to Papyrus.

We plan to add an option in Papyrus that will do it automatically in a version or two (which means around a week or two :D ), so users won't have to tweak their registry alone, I hope this will help :D

:D

Yeah, it really rocks!

For me a must have, real good work done.

A 1st suggestion (there will be a lot more after real testing, just started):

Pls add language files for the menues, I volunteer for the German support :D

kube

Guest chucky.egg
^ I'm sorry, but I must stupid :D

How do use the plugin for Papyrus? My papyrus.lnk is in "Storage\windows\Start Menu\Papyrus.lnk", so i edited out your "Office", is this correct? What should I see on the phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That should be right.

Assuming your using the Homescreen "as is" you should see your calendar entries in the bottom part of the screen, or "No appointments" if there are none to show. When the plugin is NOT "highlighted" it should scroll through your appointments.

When you are on the homescreen the currently selected item is in black (unselected it's dark blue, and only a few shades different, so you might have to look closely)

Press the Action key and it should open Papyrus

The registry edit for changing the default calendar is good. Using that you can use any homescreen, with or without the Scrolling Appts plugin, and open Papyrus directly.

Guest amitregev
:D

Yeah, it really rocks!

For me a must have, real good work done.

A 1st suggestion (there will be a lot more after real testing, just started):

Pls add language files for the menues, I volunteer for the German support  :P

kube

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi kube :D

As posted on our forums, we will add multi language support as we have for our other products for the Pocket PC OS, but we will only start to work on this after we will finish a first solid version with all the features ready. Doing it now will cause to much trouble because we are still not finished adding all the basic features we plan to for the first version of Papyrus 8)

Guest amitregev

We've just released a new version, 0.9.08. :D

You can read more about this release and download links on the following URL:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3141

I will be really glad to hear what people think on the new weekly view? is it better then the old list view we had?

What's new in version 0.9.08:

ver_0908.jpg

* Major change in Papyrus databases, from now, all views will move on the same date span.

* List view display replaced with Weekly View display.

* Marking a day on the weekly view and clicking the D-Pad enter will load this day on the daily view.

* "Week starts on" setting on the Week view settings removed because it is not needed anymore with the new weekly display.

* Day title format setting on the weekly view changed to fit the new weekly design.

* Day title background color setting added on the color settings page.

* Week view date title format options will now use the correct date separator symbol according to the selected regional settings.

* Week view day titles format options will now use the correct date separator symbol according to the selected regional settings.

* New option added to set the date format for the quick view list title on the monthly view.

* New option added under the weekly view settings to use status colors for items text.

* 90 days time limitation added to this version.

Guest chucky.egg

Hmm, not sure about the Week View.

I liked the List View because you got quite a lot of detail about future appts, but now you only get half as much info (because the screen area for each day is narrower)

Guest amitregev
Hmm, not sure about the Week View.

I liked the List View because you got quite a lot of detail about future appts, but now you only get half as much info (because the screen area for each day is narrower)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We will have it back as a new optional by next update :D

Guest Raven001

Wow. I just downloaded this app and am REALLY impressed. I'm bummed that it won't be free, but - assuming it keeps improving (homescreen plugins, etc.) - I'd shell out a few dollars for this program.

FWIW, I've never said that about a smartphone program before! :D

Some thoughts...

For simplicity's sake, why not have the program truncate

05/01/04 to 5/1/04 ? (I.e. - remove the zeros in front of the dates)? I think it would look cleaner...

Also, why are the bottom two days in "Week View" green? It makes sense if you have the weekened days on the bottom, but since I have Sunday up top, I don't see the logic of having Friday and Saturday green....

One last comment: Clickable phone numbers / URLs is a must, IMHO... any chance we'll see them soon?

Thanks again :D

Tyler

Edited by Raven001

Guest amitregev

We've just update to Papyrus 0.9.09, you can read more about it on the following post:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3171

What's new in version 0.9.09?

* List view returned.

* New general settings page added.

* New list view settings page added.

* New option added under the general settings to force use of clear type fonts.

ver_0909.jpg

* Week start day option moved from Monthly calendar settings to the new General settings section - you might need to set it again.

* New separate color settings options for the list view and for the week view.

* Problem with multiday appointments getting shorter in one day when edited fixed.

* Clicking the back button on the 'appointment view' dialog will now close the view dialog.

* Papyrus installation will automatically link the home-screen default calendar and the Calendar shortcut to Papyrus, uninstalling will switch back to the default calendar.

Guest amitregev
:P

You are the men!

It is getting a real great application!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Kube :D

We are now adding the last features we think we must have before the initial release and then we will get ready for the initial release that we plan to do on Feb 1.

I know not all of the users will continue with us also after the initial commercial release but I hope most of them will decide to continue with us and support our work. We have many additional features and stuff we want to add and will be added as the development will continue in the next few weeks/months :D