Real World....

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mcwarre
I'm a civil servant ;)

You know that the military compare civil servants to a SA-80 (our cr*p standard issue rifle)?

You can't make 'em work and you can't fire 'em! :D :wink: :wink:

Guest superkingdave

judging by some of the people in our office they've also decided the civil service is a good alternative to a mental asylum

Guest beersoft

Me?

take your pick

Drunk : sysadmin : webdesign/code : database guy : Drunk : someone who found a valid reason to use IRC at work : tech support monkey

and all this for 1 company that does allsorts of random stuff (dataprocessing/websites/direct fullmet mailing/'real' VoIP telephones)

and is this the oldest running thread?

later

Owen

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

That's cool, i worked (read: tech supported) a pen tester depatartment for the company i worked for, some of them were scarey people with what they coud do to a machine.

I'm a student now btw, seeing as the threads been resurrected. Doing Electronics with Satellite Engineering at Surrey. The buggers have ppm 56k as the only internet access in the halls hence my dissapearing around September time. Roll on June when i get broadband back :D

Guest shadamehr

Mmm - never spotted this thread before - nice one.

As for me, I have a daytime job in Local Government at a very senior level. Additionally, I am a non-renumerated Company Director, of a Company that manages, maintains and looks after around 25,000 properties in the North East of England.

And then finally, I am Head Doorman or Bouncer, at a Bar in Newcastle Upon Tyne, and I arrange and look after Door cover for two other bars near to mine.

A bit of a mix, methinks.

I also teach ICT privately, though to be fair, I have less and less time for this nowadays.

Guest mcwarre
I have a daytime job in Local Government at a very senior level
I am Head Doorman or Bouncer

Are you John Prescot in disguise??? :D :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest shadamehr
what bar in newcastle!

i study in newcastle.  

Im a civil servant but got sponsored to go to university :D

In my eight years as a Bouncer, I've worked nearly all the bars of Newcastle and Whitley Bay mate.

But the bars I run now, I'm not too sure you'd want to visit.

That's clue number one.

Clue number two is my avatar picture - in particular, the frames with my girlfriend in them.

Those two clues should give you an idea of what I mean.

(EDIT - That doesn't apply to ME however - just thoght I should clarify)

:wink:

As for the John Prescott comment by mccware - who me? Two Jabs? Nah, it only takes one from me to get them down *lol* I wish.

Guest martin
As for the John Prescott comment by mccware - who me? Two Jabs? Nah, it only takes one from me to get them down *lol* I wish.
Was that 'Two jabs' or 'Two Jags' :wink:

Clue number three then...  

It wouldn't have ME working there, were it not for such lovely ladies there

OMG - its like the clues from 3-2-1. I'm sure there's a holiday in there somewhere :D

Hmmm Politic, Clubs, Luvely ladies :? It could be anyone.

[edit]

Hold on. I was thinking strip bars but we would all want to visit them ;) Only bars I wouldn't want to visit would be prison bars. Is this the government connection ?

Guest shadamehr

There are other bars you might not be keen on visiting, depending on your sexual orientation... Check the avatar again in relation to my gf.

Guest squall

ive heard the newcastle gay area is a good place to meet straight girls! :wink:

ie girls who aren't out to pull go there so they aren't hassled by drunken guys all night.

Guest mcwarre
There are other bars you might not be keen on visiting, depending on your sexual orientation...  

God, my idea of heaven. They like ladies, I like ladies. God, I must be a lesbian then! :D ;)

Guest shadamehr

God, my idea of heaven. They like ladies, I like ladies. God, I must be a lesbian then! :D ;)

Like I keep telling all the sexy feminine lesbians (now that my clues have let you work it out what type of bar I work in), all I can say is "babe, take me - I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body. Well I am for you anyway sexy"

So far, not many of the sexy REAL women have took me up on my offer though.

Guest Pondrew

Heh.

Coming back on topic: I work in a call centre, specifically at the moment I work in Mercedes-Benz Service 24HR (like the AA or RAC but just for Mercedes owners) but have worked in BMW, Mini, VW, Land Rover, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Subaru, Kia, etc, etc. Seems no matter what car you buy, it's gonna have it's problems! Maybe that's why I put up with small 'issues' in my Smartphone, there's no such thing as a perfect product.