2003 and the XDA

Guest Will

If you want to upgrade your O2 xda to windows mobile for ppc 2003, check out the romkitchen at http://www.yorch.net/ you can custom build a nice rom there. These rom images are TEST images, and so you play at your own risk. MoDaCo is not responsible for any damage you do to your device while playing with ROM's.

Will

Guest NeilC_MVP

Keep in mind the WM2003 ROMs available there are for TESTING ONLY. MoDaCo cannot be held responsible for any device damage caused by use of these ROMs. Will forgot to mention this bit. *nods*

Yeah, well thats an auspicious start to my first post on here.... I was under the impression the roms were pub domain, ah well, maybe i started the first post to be deleted!

Will

(edited first post to reflect the added information and warnings).

• 4 weeks later...

yorch.net is one very good site for ringtone. im not really intrested in cooking a rom really im not one for if its not broke dont fix ir or play with it, I end up giving it a try in the end, known about it for a while though October time

Guest lgonzales

hi there, i have an 02XDA and a terrible itch to upgrade it to WM2003. Has anyone here tried the customized rom on their xda? if so, please give me some feedback on their experimantation. thanks!

hi there, i have an 02XDA and a terrible itch to upgrade it to WM2003. Has anyone here tried the customized rom on their xda? if so, please give me some feedback on their experimentation. thanks!

Yes I have tried it (still in uses) for and more info/insight on the upgrade I suggest you visit the World Famous XDA-Developers Forums at:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewforum....1093d693b66acd9

HTH

Guest lgonzales

Thanks Will. Anyway, i took the big step and upgraded my 02XDA. It seems to work alright. Features are great. However i did notice a bug that i hope will be addressed soon.

When i send an SMS message and pick a contact from my phonebook, the "+" sign preceeding the prefix does not appear. All my Mobile contacts have their numbers inputted that way (with the + sign)