500Mhz Samsung Microsoft Smartphone coming soon...

Guest Zim

Over at msmobiles reports the next generation of high powered smartphones. Check this baby out :)

post-3299-1104764039_thumb.jpg

GSM Tri - Band

Internal Ant

Camera : Megapixel

I/O: mini-SD, Bluetooth Class 2

Dimensions: 94 x 50 x 26 mm (130 gr)

Speed: 500Mhz (Imagine Eclipse on this :()

file viewers (doc, xls, ppt, pdf

Very impressive specs lets hope this one actually makes it to the market. Come on Samsung show us what your made of. :(

post-3299-1104764065_thumb.jpg

Credit: MSMobiles.com

"Z"

Guest Skitals

Im more impressed by the model with 240x320 screen and 3gb harddrive! It runs on WM Smartphone Magneto, which I assume is the next version of Windows Mobile for Smartphone.

Edited by squall

Guest squall

64k screen is the same as the c500 / mpx220 and is enough.

Ive been told its hard to tell the difference between the 64k screen adn the 260k screen on some mios!

Guest Pondrew
64k screen is the same as the c500 / mpx220 and is enough.

Ive been told its hard to tell the difference between the 64k screen adn the 260k screen on some mios!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hasn't the MPX220 got a higher screen then 64k?

Guest Paul [MVP]

500MHz is all very nice, but Samsung, but 1MP? Why crank up a badass processor and not the rest of the hardware?

We want multi-megapixel and a hard drive :)

P

Guest midnight

500mhz is completely OTT, where could it possibly be used except games????? and NO MS Smarthone manu is bothered about games....fact

sorry guys, but this smells a little off to me :)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Well if it is to run the next gen or Smartphone OS then the extra power will be needed, plus it leaves plenty of room for expandability. Sounds good to me :)

Guest midnight

they need 500mhz???? whats MS put in its os this time, mud?

The windows CE5.0 core is even faster than ce4.2, so the Magneto shell must be a real resource hog (the N1 now has CE5.0 and its slick :))

Well like the look of it.. plus its a flip phone.. which i like.. as long as this one works not like my stupid mio...though doesnt my mio have a 256k screen?

hmm prob not.. lol.

will be great to this if it ever comes out :)

"Z"

Guest someone

Hmm unfortunately this is only a concept design, which means new phones will be based on the looks and features of this model.

Otherwise it will be develloped, refined and changed so that the device is ready for mass market.

There were loads of pictures of concept studies from Samsung at Mobile Review. This Samsung Smartphone was one of them. Due to legal stuff the "spy pics" are deleted.

Like the design. love flip-phones!!

Don't know about the 500Mhz thing though. it a could be fitted in a future model. maybe the speed is boosted when needed. for example it runs on 200Mhz but when you enter a game with high requirements it turns on the rest. and who knows what Windows magneto (cool name btw) can do with your battery. maybe it's a lot less energy sucking then 2002 & 2003.

Only time will tell!

Pigo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.