ActiveSync 3.8

Guest Confucious

Guest Confucious

MoDaCo Member superflytnt has posted News of ActiveSync 3.8 in the software section here..

Microsoft ActiveSync 3.8 is the latest synchronization software for Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs and Smartphones. ActiveSync 3.8 contains fixes making synchronization more trouble free than ever before and includes all the significant improvements brought to you in ActiveSync 3.5, 3.6, and 3.7.1: it is easy to install and use while offering the best levels of reliability.

Another MoDaCo Member, tsutton fills us in on the change log:

What's New?

Feature: Improved remote synchronization experience.

Benefit: ActiveSync no longer blocks remote synchronization with dialog boxes that pop up on your desktop computer, so you can slide in the WLAN or wireless modem card and synchronize with your desktop computer anywhere you can access your network.

Feature: Configure server synchronization settings from your PC.

Benefit: ActiveSync can synchronize information on your desktop PC and/or a Microsoft Exchange Server with the information on your mobile device. This requires Microsoft Mobile Information Server 2002 or later.

Feature: ActiveSync pass-through connection.

Benefit: Enables you to use your USB cradle connection to pass through your desktop PC to access the Internet or a network with your mobile device. You can then perform tasks, such as browsing the Internet, or downloading IMAP/POP 3 e-mail messages.

Feature: Improved USB support.

Benefit: Windows 2000 USB driver issues in the previous version of ActiveSync have been fixed.

Feature: More robust synchronization with Outlook.

Benefit: Synchronization with Outlook is now more reliable and robust than before.

Feature: Configure synchronization settings prior to first synchronization, including custom synchronization settings.

Benefit: Enable all of the ActiveSync options you need in a single step.

Guest ultimasnake

ah nice.. I really hope it fixes the Disconnection problem that i had ever since i had my smartphone (the fact that it just disconnects at random times when not using it tooo often which could only be solved by reinserting the phone)

also i saw something about 4.0 beta let's hope that will be here soon :)

thanks for the headsup will install this when i get home :(