ROM update for the Cingular MPx220

Guest squall

Guest Paraklas

I would but from what I see, the tool is currently not available for download from motorola's web site. I assume that they must be working on an upgraded tool or something similar (maybe something that upgrades other provider's phones as well - except Cingular).

If you still want it anyway let me know. It's about 4.5MB in size.

Guest amarinez

I would but from what I see, the tool is currently not available for download from motorola's web site. I assume that they must be working on an upgraded tool or something similar (maybe something that upgrades other provider's phones as well - except Cingular).

If you still want it anyway let me know. It's about 4.5MB in size.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paraklas,

I have been looking for the new ROM (1.3) for the mpx 220 because motorola has taken it out of mpx 220 website. If you have it, can you please email it to me? I would greatly appreciate it. I got an unlocked mpx 220 with T-mobile service, will the update lock my phone? Thanks your help.

Guest jbrody1

I'm in the same boat...desperately need to update my MPX220 to the 1.3 ROM as the volume is incredibly low. If someone already has it, would you be kind enough to email it to me or post it somewhere that it can be downloaded?

I called Moto today and they said the download link on their site won't be available again until first week of April.

Thanks!

Paraklas,

I have been looking for the new ROM (1.3) for the mpx 220 because motorola has taken it out of mpx 220 website.  If you have it, can you please email it to me?  I would greatly appreciate it.  I got an unlocked mpx 220 with T-mobile service, will the update lock my phone?  Thanks your help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest kellystewart
I'm in the same boat...desperately need to update my MPX220 to the 1.3 ROM as the volume is incredibly low.  If someone already has it, would you be kind enough to email it to me or post it somewhere that it can be downloaded?

I called Moto today and they said the download link on their site won't be available again until first week of April.

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same problems here...but Hong Kong version 1.1 would this work??

Kelly

• 2 months later...
Guest Jumpie

I just tried that MPX220 System update tool and now there's version 1.430. Just a thought. I was going to try it but i didn't wanna lose my games or anything on my mini card.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest readbmr
hi ive been to the moto site and isnt on there yet is there anybody who can email me it

regards brian

Motorola have just released there first official rom update for any smartphone.

This update is intended for Cingular MPx220 customers, and breaks the trend set by other phone manufacturers / networks (mainly htc/orange) in that the rom update is available from the manufacturer, not the network.

To check whether your phone currently has the latest rom go to “Start”, “Settings”, “About”. Scroll down to “manufacturer“ to verify your software version. If you have 1.30.0.0, you are at the latest software version. There is no need to proceed with the update.

The update comes with a powerful backup tool which will back up the following

Please see < HERE > for more information, and to download the update. Be sure to fully charge your phone before running the update.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.