Dust after 2 weeks ownership - C500

Guest Fizz_daz

Guest Fizz_daz

I know from reading on here that dust is a problem but after two weeks of ownership this is rediculous... anything I can do.. contact orange? they'll probably just laugh at me or suck it somehow with the dyson :cry:

Guest Confused Stu

You've got a few options -

1) Argue the point with Orange, so far nobody (to my knowledge) has been able to get this to work!

2) Send it back to HTC Europe for a re-furbish. The site's www.htceurope.com and I think it's about £15

3) Strip the phone yourself and clean the dust out. The instructions for this I've posted about twice now on various threads (get searching for C500 de-dusting). Only problem with this is that it WILL invalidate your warranty and Orange WILL be able to tell!

Good luck dude.

Guest ukmidsguy
so 15 every two weeks thats.... £375 a year... good value..... NOT

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you send it back to HTC then they will clean it and fit a new seal for you FREE of charge - just tell them it's the well known dust issue!

I did this and got my phone back within a week. Unfortunately, the speaker then went on it and every caller sounded like they were at the bottom of a well. Orange replaced it and now the replacement is filling up with dust :lol: Guess I'll be sending that one back to HTC soon too!

I have tried using an air duster (as recommended by several people) and it has made no difference. Think I'll try the Dyson next and see if that works!

Call Orange, tell them it doesn't change profile after taking the headset out. They have a returns code on their system for that.

The lass I spoke to told me they wouldn't do anything about the dust problem "as it is cosmetic". I raised the point that as HTC have a webpage that accept this as a returns fault - albeit chargable - then the Sale of Goods Act applied. The lass went all quiet, put me on hold then fell over herself to get a new phone out the next day. She did insist it was because of the headset problem though.

Guest Liquidice

i went to the 'telia' store (a swedish phone operator, like vodafone) where i bought my qtek 8010. and said that i have dust in my screen and showed it for them. they told me to show the receipt and that they would take care of it. i didnt have it with me because i only wanted to ask if they would fix it for free since i heard orange wont. AND THEY DO :exclaim: so ill head to the store sometime this week and get it fixed.

just wanted to tell you this! :( and that orange suxx! :lol:

Edited by Liquidice

Guest shaggyguitarist

I really hope my new c500 which I loove doesnt get this problem.

I work in a bakery which has clouds of dust :lol:

Ive had my phone 2 weeks now and i still dont see any dust behind the screen, but i guess time will tell.