Vodafone and C500

Guest sonicmonkey

Guest sonicmonkey

Hi folks

I was hoping those more experienced with the C500 can offer some assistance. I purchased the C500 only a few days ago as a Orange PAYG (latest rom etc).

I've unlocked it using the the company/forum members unlocking method. That worked a treat as I am currently using the phone on my Vodafone monthly contract sim.

I can send and recieve text messages and although I have removed all the settings for Orange from the data connections and replaced them with Vodafone setting as per another thread (the 20 pages version) on here I still cannot get it on the internet :lol:

I need the phone to be able to access for work reasons (self employed) and only made the investment as its had such great reviews. I'm really after some advice from a fellow Vodafone user who could possibly confirm the procedures to have it fully working on the vodafone network (maybe pointers as to where I'd find the vodafone cab files??)

Your help and patience is greatly appreciated.

Edited by sonicmonkey

Guest jamjamjam
Hi folks

I was hoping those more experienced with the C500 can offer some assistance.  I purchased the C500 only a few days ago as a Orange PAYG (latest rom etc). 

I've unlocked it using the the company/forum members unlocking method.  That worked a treat as I am currently using the phone on my Vodafone monthly contract sim. 

I can send and recieve text messages and although I have removed all the settings for Orange from the data connections and replaced them with Vodafone setting as per another thread (the 20 pages version) on here I still cannot get it on the internet :lol: 

I need the phone to be able to access for work reasons (self employed) and only made the investment as its had such great reviews.  I'm really after some advice from a fellow Vodafone user who could possibly confirm the procedures to have it fully working on the vodafone network (maybe pointers as to where I'd find the vodafone cab files??)

Your help and patience is greatly appreciated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you need your phone app unlocked to use this but once you done that just install this and the internet should work fine, does for me and im on vodafone contract

CDL_Vodafone_Contract_UK_V1.0.CAB

Guest sonicmonkey

Jam

Thank you very much for the Vodafone cab file, much appreciated.

Believe it or not it's still not working :( I have made sure I have deleted the Orange PAYG Data Connection settings and have made sure that my Vodafone account is GPRS-ed up!

I know the phone is not at fault as it connected up to the web using my Orange PAYG sim. Other than unlocking (both sim AND application unlock) the phone is as it came out of the box.

I know it must be an incredible bore with newbies like me asking annoying questions such as this but I am at a loss and would really appreciate some assistance! I won't confess my profession but I'll give you a hint...its something to do with 'pooters and I'm being stumped by a phone!!)

(Anybody near the Oxfordshire area with a similar setup willing to meetup? :lol: )

Guest sonicmonkey

Folks

Thank you for taking the time to reply back. I have now got internet access running on my C500 :D Next challenge will be getting Hotmail and Gmail working!

Couple of pointers, for anybody on Vodafone make sure they have enabled an APN on your account, even if you have GPRS enabled without an APN (internet) you can't surf beyond Vodafone Live! parameters. Despite being reassured by 4 different customer service chaps they hadn't turned that particular feature on hence my problems connecting.

I have attached a PDF for a few Vodafone C500 specific instructions, these are from Vodafone New Zealand but the chap on the phone said to subsitute the access points to wap.vodafone.co.uk or internet. I found Martins post above to be far more useful but used this PDF as a sanity check.

One interesting conversation I did have was the chap at Vodafone was saying that they will be pushing customers onto 3G services and marketing smartphones heavily as admittely Vodafone had fallen behind its competitors in the smartphone sector.

Thanks again folks for your assistance, much appreciated.

imate_smartphone2_set_up_guide.pdf

Edited by sonicmonkey

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sisniper

Guys

I too am having difficulty with setting this up, GPRS workd fine on vodafone using my Nokia 6600.

Done a hard reset, app unlocked and sim unlocked the phone

installed the vodafone CAB file after deleting the orange settings.

I get as far as obtaining a solid G in a square at the top centre of my screen, can send and receive txt messages but not MMS or Internet

Vodafone told me the following settings but these havent helped

"Stay on Phone IP Address and press the Navigation Key to select and enter 212.183.137.012 and press OK.

Scroll down to Proxy Port Number and press the Navigation Key to select and enter 8799 and press OK"

My Error states check network coverage - even though it works on another phone :(

Any advice would be welcome

thanks

Simon

Edited by sisniper