NEW Samsung i300 Smartphone with 3GB Hard Drive!

Guest dsp

Guest waroffice

are we sure we are goning to get these babies in the uk, cos i would buy one on release date....

they do look like a sonyerriksson tho

Guest hotphil

It's not certain these will be released anywhere - the networks need to accept/test them etc. I don't think Samsung have signed up any network anywhere yet.

Guest djfuego

Just when I upgraded to a c500.. DAMN YOU SAMSUNG! :evil:

3 GIGs.. say it slllowly.... thrreeeeeee gigzzzzzzzzzz

Imagine the conversation..

Friend: Oh btw mines got 90 mb internal memory..

Me:3 Gig HD m8 (Chuckle, trying hard to hold back the hysterics)

Friend: :shock:

Me: :D

Well it's sure about time, what with the 4 gig usb devices around. It was just a matter of time.

Hate to think of the price tag though.

three gigs :D that's my kind of storage..heh, shame it wasn't 5 then you could copy a dvd to it, but think of the amount of entertainment you could get on it anyway.

I have just two words..

HOLY CRAP

Edited by djfuego

Guest someone

I read Samsung was telling about a "scroll wheel". Does that mean the circle around the OK button in the middle will act like Apple's Clickwheel technology? I don't see buttons for navigations.

Because the navigator section is quite big in comparison to other devices so I think it would be possible.

If so, this would be the ultimate combination of an MP3 player and fit-into-your-pocket-computer :D

Guest Pondrew
IT COULD HAVE 1 TB OF HARDDRIVE AND COST 10$ AND I WOULD NOT BUY IT! SAMSUNG = UGLY AND BAD QUALITY

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And CAPSLOCK equals shouting! :D

Guest TrippinBilly
three gigs :D that's my kind of storage..heh, shame it wasn't 5 then you could copy a dvd to it, but think of the amount of entertainment you could get on it anyway.

You don't need 5GB to watch a DVD movie on your Smartphone. Nor do you need 3GB. I have a 1 GB card that holds 3 movies right now that I can watch on my phone, and they barely use up the space.

You just need the right apps to compress and view them.

Edited by TrippinBilly

Guest xenophobe

for actually having to have a HD, 4gb is kind of lame. True, 1 gig MiniSDs are hitting the market now, and by the time this phone is in full production, I'm sure 2 gig cards will be there. Double your capacity and add a battery sucking drive? I don't think it'll be worth it unless they can get 10gigs on board with a drive.

Do I need that kind of space? Not really, but I can't see getting a HD on my phone, just for the sake of saying it has a rotating platter :D

Just wondered abit about the scroll wheel thing.

Since Apple has patent on the clickwheel, does it mean you can actually only scroll back and forth? Meaning it's only 2 directional?

I don't think Apple would license their technology to a devide run by microsoft software, so a clickwheel it's probably not, only scroll.

What i mean is, unless gaming controls can't be reset to other buttons, what will happen to all the games, that require a 5 directional navigator? Won't they be able to run on the i300? :cry:

And another thing, c500 has 2,2" inch screen with 220x176 pixel, i300 has a 2,0" with 320x240. I think the pixeldensity of the c500 is allready high enough, could you imagine how the density the i300 would be since the screen is smaller and res is higher, my eyes will go blind trying to see what's on the screen. :shock:

Edited by dsp

Guest NeilStewart

I think it looks great, and 3GB would do away with SD cards et al.

One thing though - is it my eyes, or does the text on the back of the phone, around then camera lens, say '1.0 mega pixel camera'? Has anyone told them (if the specs are correct) that the text is wrong?

Guest mirpy1

very nice id have one cos im a gadget freak but................dont think the wife wants a second mortgage just so i can talk to her via my new toy?

Guest Microsoft
I didn't know what TFlash is so I searched for it. And wow what is that a small piece of memory card!

In the picture below you can see the TFlash card next to a Mini SD card (pictue is on scale!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

T-flash released when mini-sd released! And the maximum capicity at the moment is 256 MB and it cost about 28 £.

Guest hunyango_uk

sorry, but 3gb is still a breakthrough to all smartphones and even ppc phones. tho, we still don't know about the processor.

but built in 3gb hdd, i'm thinkin' of what to do with that.

hmmmmmmm. hundreds of songs, couple of movies, all the wares that i need and i think there's some left for me to take photos and video.

hmmmmmmmmmmm................ 3gb hdd :D

Guest hunyango_uk
If you get one... don't EVER drop your phone when it's on.  Even onto carpet.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok, i'll have that in mind. thnks :D

Guest Microsoft
Just wondered abit about the scroll wheel thing.

Since Apple has patent on the clickwheel, does it mean you can actually only scroll back and forth? Meaning it's only 2 directional?

I don't think Apple would license their technology to a devide run by microsoft software, so a clickwheel it's probably not, only scroll.

What i mean is, unless gaming controls can't be reset to other buttons, what will happen to all the games, that require a 5 directional navigator? Won't they be able to run on the i300?  :cry:

Ya i think the "OK" buttom in the middle of the wheel works as "click".

Guest TrippinBilly
Ya i think the "OK" buttom in the middle of the wheel works as "click".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not that I'm a patent expert, but I've worked on some before. I think the application of the wheel on a mobile phone is different enough than Apple's use of it on the iPod that they'll be ok.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I did wonder as i was typing that, decided on Siemens though for some reason! And yus that would explain the slight similarity...

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.