Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest maniac103
Manic,

Thanks for your reply.  I have now installed the utility onto the phone and it's now firing up at start up.  Amateur mistake on my part!

I guess I should put a FAQ somewhere :)

The text issue remains though.  I have just received two texts and sent two.  All are counted, even though the two I have received have been read.  So I would expect it to show no messages, but it in fact reads four.

It seems to count every message received and sent since the program was started.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please note the advise I gave to pdigrego two posts ago. If this does not work, please try the attached debug version, let it activate the screensaver, unlock the keypad and send me the debug output. I will then try to see what goes wrong.

Guest exeweb
This is odd, this behaviour should not occur with 2.51. Did you un-check "detect manual unlock" on the unlock page? If no - please un-check it and try again if the counter is reset (it should be reset upon a keypress).

This appears to have sorted my message counting issue too!

What a great little program!

Guest pdigrego
This appears to have sorted my message counting issue too!

What a great little program!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This solved the problem for me too, thanks !

Guest benetton

I having a strange problem hopefully someone can help

when the screen saver is on for a while and you press,say one of the number buttons, the screen saver will disappear and never come back, the only way to get it back is to unlock the phone and let it relock on it's own.

I just find this a problem, if the phone is in a case or in you pocket and you accidentally press a button, the screen saver will not come back on it's own

Thanks Brad

Guest maniac103
I having a strange problem hopefully someone can help

when the screen saver is on for a while and you press,say one of the number buttons, the screen saver will disappear and never come back, the only way to get it back is to unlock the phone and let it relock on it's own.

I just find this a problem, if the phone is in a case or in you pocket and you accidentally press a button, the screen saver will not come back on it's own

Thanks  Brad

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you use the latest version (2.51)? There was such a problem, but I have fixed it in 2.44. If you already have the latest version, please try the debug version posted above, let the screensaver run for a while, press some button and wait until the screensaver should have reappeared. Then end the keylock program and send me the debug output. I will then see what I can do.

Guest benetton
Do you use the latest version (2.51)? There was such a problem, but I have fixed it in 2.44. If you already have the latest version, please try the debug version posted above, let the screensaver run for a while, press some button and wait until the screensaver should have reappeared. Then end the keylock program and send me the debug output. I will then see what I can do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes i have the newest version

here is the log file

Keylock_debug.rar

Guest benetton

here's a little more info, the screen saver works properly when I have the phone connected to my computer with the usb cable

Edited by benetton

Guest maniac103

Did you follow the instructions below? The debug log is empty... :??:

Instructions:

- deactivate keylock via config tool

- overwrite your Keylock.exe with this debug version (you can backup your old .exe so you don't have to reinstall it)

- activate the keylock

- let it run for a while - at least until you spot an error :)

- deactive keylock

- send me the file \Temp\Keylock_debug.log

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest maniac103
ok I think I got the log this time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the screensaver does not come back? Strange, it is initialized two times, I can't see a failure there. You have disabled the check box "Detect manual unlock", haven't you?

Guest balaaan

What an AMAZING piece of software!!!! =D>

I've always loved the clock screen saver on my old SonyEricsson phones & was looking everywhere for a similar app for my C500..

maniac, I could kiss you for this :oops:

Keep up the great work!!!

Peace Out... 8)

Guest benetton
And the screensaver does not come back? Strange, it is initialized two times, I can't see a failure there. You have disabled the check box "Detect manual unlock", haven't you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The screen saver did not come back and the detect manual unlock is not checked.

I just tried it with the detect manual unlock and still the same problem,

Like I said in an earlier post,it is weird that it will come back when I have the usb cable connected to my computer.

Guest benetton

So I decided to hard reset my, phone I have only installed, your key lock program

now what it does is that after the screen saver has been on for a bit, and i press one of the number keys, you see the info screen(dark) to press the proper buttons to unlock, then it goes to the home screen(dark), then the screensaver will come back for a second and disappear and will not come back

If I unlock the keypad and let it relock, the screen saver will stay on

Brad

Guest Jacobus

My device is O2 Xphone IIm. It has problem with Xbar2.6. When uploaded it asks to remove Auto Keylock but does not work. What goes worng?

Guest maniac103
So I decided to hard reset my, phone I have only installed, your key lock program

now what it does is that after the screen saver has been on for a bit, and i press one of the number keys, you see the info screen(dark) to press the proper buttons to unlock, then it goes to the home screen(dark), then the screensaver will come back for a second and disappear and will not come back

If I unlock the keypad and let it relock, the screen saver will stay on

Brad

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm, looks like another window puts itself in foreground so the screensaver is invisible. I will extend the debug version so that it tracks the first 5 or 10 windows which are in foreground, so we can see what is happening there.

Guest surveyganga

Found a problem,the action key is not working if XBAR2.6 is installed ( or is it me ).

This is what I did. I already have XBar installed. I have downloaded the latest versionof Keylock and installed. My Action Key stopped working. If I press the action key long enough Xbar screen shows up ( as it should ). So I uninstalled XBar and everything works perfect. I installed the XBar again and could reproduce the problem. I really love this app and Xbar too. Is there a way they could co exist. Is anybody having similar problem?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

You can re-assign Xbar to a different launch key. I have it on keypad button 1. To re-assign, you have to close Xbar first then edit xbar_cfg.ini under \Storage\Program Files\xbar2

Open the file in notepad then edit this part:

KEY_XBAR=49; // =121 for Key 'Record'

As I said, I have it on button 1 so the value is 49. Action button is code 13 (default). Once finished, overwrite existing ini file then re-launch Xbar program.

BTW, welcome to MoDaCo Forum. :)

Guest surveyganga
You can re-assign Xbar to a different launch key. I have it on keypad button 1. To re-assign, you have to close Xbar first then edit xbar_cfg.ini under \Storage\Program Files\xbar2

Open the file in notepad then edit this part:

KEY_XBAR=49; // =121 for Key 'Record'

As I said, I have it on button 1 so the value is 49. Action button is code 13 (default). Once finished, overwrite existing ini file then re-launch Xbar program.

BTW, welcome to MoDaCo Forum. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perfect. Now I have XBar and Keylock running with out any problem. I assigned it to 48 ( zero key ) since by default long press on "1" key is voice mail. Thanks pzee.

Guest surveyganga

Ahh.... Now I cannot dial a number with 0. I guess I have to find some other key now. pzee are you able to use your 1 key after assiging it to XBar.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Yes I can still dial '1'. Remember that xbar launches on long key press so you have to do the opposite to use only the number (when dialing).

Guest roma0803

Not happy I installed this thing. I also use Xbar 2.6 and as soon as I assign another key to open Xbar, all other functionality behind that key is disabled. Short press does nothing, long press shows Xbar. No matter what key I use, just Xbar can be activated.

Uninstalling Keylock is apparently not possible. Disabeling it, rebooting the phone and still an error trying to uninstall from within the phonemenu. Uninstalling through ActiveSync can be done, though multiple errors appear when restarting the phone. About 5 exe's can't be found. I hate this.... :evil:

Reinstalled it to get rid of the errors. It seems I'm stuck with Keylock without the possibility to use it.

Edited by roma0803

Guest surveyganga
Not happy I installed this thing. I also use Xbar 2.6 and as soon as I assign another key to open Xbar, all other functionality behind that key is disabled. Short press does nothing, long press shows Xbar. No matter what key I use, just Xbar can be activated.

Uninstalling Keylock is apparently not possible. Disabeling it, rebooting the phone and still an error trying to uninstall from within the phonemenu. Uninstalling through ActiveSync can be done, though multiple errors appear when restarting the phone. About 5 exe's can't be found. I hate this....  :evil:

Reinstalled it to get rid of the errors. It seems I'm stuck with Keylock without the possibility to use it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I downloaded XBar 2.5 and installed it along with KeyLock and it works fine. Although I dont know if its XBar problem or KeyLock problem.