Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest roma0803
I downloaded XBar 2.5 and installed it along with KeyLock and it works fine. Although I dont know if its XBar problem or KeyLock problem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the combination of the two, I don't want to downgrade XBar though. Still, the uninstall routine of Keylock seems sloppy.

Guest maniac103
Not happy I installed this thing. I also use Xbar 2.6 and as soon as I assign another key to open Xbar, all other functionality behind that key is disabled. Short press does nothing, long press shows Xbar. No matter what key I use, just Xbar can be activated.

It seems that there is a new problem with xBar 2.6. 2.5 is running fine here...

Uninstalling Keylock is apparently not possible. Disabeling it, rebooting the phone and still an error trying to uninstall from within the phonemenu. Uninstalling through ActiveSync can be done, though multiple errors appear when restarting the phone. About 5 exe's can't be found. I hate this....  :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you tell me what the exact error messages were? There is no explicit uninstall routine for my program, this is managed by Windows Mobile based on the installation data taken from the cab file.

Guest lobo71

Hello,

I have the latest version of Automatic Keylock 2.52 (2.51 in about) (french version).

I have set Advance Mode Unlock (screen 1) for CityTimeAlarms.

If I lock manually the keyboard, when CityTimeAlarms starts, the unlock doesn't work.

If Automatic Keylock locks the keyboard, CityTimeAlarms starts and stops 2 or 3 secondes later.

Perhaps because CityTimeAlarms uses the same unlock key to dismiss (stop) the alarm.

Can you do something ?

[EDIT]

I've found a temporary solution when Automatic Keylock locks the keyboard :

Not put the applicationCityTimeAlarms in Advance Mode Unlock (screen 1), and it works (keys necessary to snooze CityTImeAlarms are unlocked).

But I have no solution when I lock manually the keyboard

An other question, is it possible to have other delays in applications (for example 30s or free delay) ?

Edited by lobo71

Guest cuk0724
Hello,

I have the latest version of Automatic Keylock 2.52 (2.51 in about) (french version).

If I lock manually the keyboard, when CityTimeAlarms starts, the unlock doesn't work.

If Automatic Keylock locks the keyboard, CityTimeAlarms starts and stops 2 or 3 secondes later.

Perhaps because CityTimeAlarms uses the same unlock key to dismiss (stop) the alarm.

Can you do something ?

[EDIT]

Not put the applicationCityTimeAlarms in Advance Mode Unlock (screen 1), and it works (keys necessary to snooze CityTImeAlarms are unlocked).

An other question, is it possible to have other delays in applications (for example 30s or free delay) ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm running CityTimeAlarms with Autokeylock with no problems. I have CityTimeAlarms Ver 1-5-1 and I don't have anything set in Advance mode of Autokeylock. CityTime will unlock when an alarm sounds with no problem. When I was running ver 1-1-0 of CityTime I did have a problem where it would not auto unlock it's self.

Guest lobo71
I'm running CityTimeAlarms with Autokeylock with no problems. I have CityTimeAlarms Ver 1-5-1 and I don't have anything set in Advance mode of Autokeylock. CityTime will unlock when an alarm sounds with no problem. When I was running ver 1-1-0 of CityTime I did have a problem where it would not auto unlock it's self.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your answer,

I'm already using version 1.5.1.

Can you try to lock the phone manually and see if CityTimeAlarms if you can change snooze time when the alarm works ?

Guest cuk0724
Thanks for your answer,

I'm already using version 1.5.1.

Can you try to lock the phone manually and see if CityTimeAlarms  if you can change snooze time when the alarm works ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just tried it and it works OK. Set alarm then manualy locked phone. Alarm went off and citytime unlocked fine.

I never manualy lock the phone as I have it set to a 10sec auto lock.

EDIT I just thought, I'm using Ver 2-48 of AutoKeyLock don't know if that will make a difference.

Edited by cuk0724

Guest lobo71
Just tried it and it works OK. Set alarm then manualy locked phone. Alarm went off and citytime unlocked fine.

EDIT I just thought, I'm using Ver 2-48 of AutoKeyLock don't know if that will make a difference.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, I don't know why it doesn't work with my device (SPV C500). So I will no more manually lock my phone for the moment.

Edited by lobo71

Guest maniac103
Hello,

Thanks for the hint. I have updated the files on the web site which should now show the right version number.

This would be a sign that you are really using 2.51 - the automatic unlock for applications really did not work in this version :)

Can you do something ?

[EDIT]

I do not really understand this. What key is to be pressed in CTAlarms to snooze?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can at least set the values directly in registry. It's in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoKeylock and the value names are Timeout and TimeoutApp. You have to put in the time in seconds. After changing these, you have to reboot for the changes to take effect.

Besides that, I surely can add entrys to the listbox. Which do you want? ;-)

But I believe it is much less elegant to edit these with an edit field (for free entry) than with the listbox...you simply need much more time to change it.

Guest lobo71
Thanks for the hint. I have updated the files on the web site which should now show the right version number.

This would be a sign that you are really using 2.51 - the automatic unlock for applications really did not work in this version ;)

No, I'm sure I'm using the latest version. I will download again the last.

I do not really understand this. What key is to be pressed in CTAlarms to snooze?

To dismiss (stop alarm without repeat) the key used is the left one under the screen

To snooze (stop alarm with repeat) the key used is the right one under the screen.

You can at least set the values directly in registry. It's in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoKeylock and the value names are Timeout and TimeoutApp. You have to put in the time in seconds. After changing these, you have to reboot for the changes to take effect.

Besides that, I surely can add entrys to the listbox. Which do you want? ;-)

But I believe it is much less elegant to edit these with an edit field (for free entry) than with the listbox...you simply need much more time to change it.

I will try to put the time in the registry

[EDIT]

Ok I've set 30s manually in TimeOutApp, started my device, but it doesn't work. Only the default values work (for example 60s)

[reEDIT]

Ok it works, I made a mistake, I launched the option screen 5 and it changes the value by the maximum value data "4294967295".

So I would have spent a lot of time waiting :) :roll:

Edited by lobo71

Guest lobo71

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried to change the snooze delay because that's the keypad that doesn't unlock ?

Edited by lobo71

Guest favetta82

Hi there

I would like to delete windows mobile (the versione that i get with t-mobile) and install a new one, can you help me? I see that u have the same mobile.

where can i find win mobile?

is it true that win mobile 2005 is in only one versione for both smarthphone and pocket pc?

is it enoguh active sync? or need i a more powerfull client?

Thank u very much

PAOLO

Let me be the first one to download the update.  :)

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest maniac103
No, I'm sure I'm using the latest version. I will download again the last.

To dismiss (stop alarm without repeat) the key used is the left one under the screen

To snooze (stop alarm with repeat) the key used is the right one under the screen.

I will try to put the time in the registry

[EDIT]

Ok I've set 30s manually in TimeOutApp, started my device, but it doesn't work. Only the default values work (for example 60s)

[reEDIT]

Ok it works, I made a mistake, I launched the option screen 5 and it changes the value by the maximum value data "4294967295".

So I would have spent a lot of time waiting  :)  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the next version I will add a new item "30 seconds" in this list box.

But I think I know what the problem is: There is an option in CTAlarms which disables the keylock when an alarm rings. If you insert this program into the list of excluded apps, keylock tries to disable the keylock for itself (at the moment it does not detect if the keylock is really active...perhaps I'll add this in the next version). When it tries to unlock the keypad, it presses (virtually) onto the left softkey, and so the alarm is dismissed. So you better enable the option in CTAlarms and do not put it into the exclude list.

Guest bfaessen

Hi very nice app.

But it does'nt work with me (my T-Mobile SDA/Qtek8020)

I have succesfully installed the app, v2.42 and the last one from the site

The phone is automatically locked after the time set in the app, but the setting for headset, car, charging are not applied.

I put them in disabled, unlock automatically but the lock stays on.

I have a dutch phone.

Any ideas? :idea:

Guest fozzie

But I think I know what the problem is: There is an option in CTAlarms which disables the keylock when an alarm rings. If you insert this program into the list of excluded apps, keylock tries to disable the keylock for itself (at the moment it does not detect if the keylock is really active...perhaps I'll add this in the next version). When it tries to unlock the keypad, it presses (virtually) onto the left softkey, and so the alarm is dismissed. So you better enable the option in CTAlarms and do not put it into the exclude list.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's exactly what it is doing and so I've had to do as you suggest :)

Guest docko

8) Hi MANIAC,

is it possible to code the app for WM5, koz it writes when i do ANYTHING :

Error creating keyboard hook.

Program is closed (5).

its not a prob, koz the pogramme is functional, but... :roll: ...on second thought it ISNT...it was workin for a sec, but NO MORE

btw: GREAT WORK

Edited by docko

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My Device is Dopod565.

If want to Unlock the keypad, it must presses onto the left SoftKey, then presses the # key.

But the Automatic keylock's Auto Unlock function is presses onto left softkey only. So the Auto Unlock Function is not work. Have any solution?

Guest Powerfull

Hi maniac103,

Your program is great, I really like the new feature with enabled BT when charging, I just wonder if it is possible to add few options:

Choose between BT "on" or "discoverable"

When you unplug the supply have the possibility to not turn off the BT, because I use my smartphone as a remote control for my computer.

I just have an other remark (I use an other font in my phone not tina), in version 2.51 the font in the screen saver was not tina (my font) for time date and notification, but in version 2.52 the font is tina for time and not tina for date and notification, is there a possibilty to use my font for time, date, and notification?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Powerfull

I think this has only been happening with the latest version but for some reason, the Auto Keylock program disables bluetooth the first time it kicks in after switching on the phone. If I then re-enable BT, Auto Keylock doesn't switch it off again. Is this a known bug or is there something odd with my phone?

Guest lobo71

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the new item.

About CTAlarms, that's exactly what happens.

I've enabled the option in CTA and not put it in the exclude list.

Guest gianmarco79

Hi,

I'm sorry but I am using version 1.5.1 of CTalarms and can't find an option regarding the keyboard unlock...could someone explain where it is ?

Thanks

Guest gianmarco79
There isn't one.  It allows you to press Dismiss & Snooze without having to unlock the keypad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok thanks...so I will only take CTAlarms off the exclusions in Automatic Keylock then.

Guest DomConway
I think this has only been happening with the latest version but for some reason, the Auto Keylock program disables bluetooth the first time it kicks in after switching on the phone.  If I then re-enable BT, Auto Keylock doesn't switch it off again.  Is this a known bug or is there something odd with my phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed that too. I like to have BT on discoverable permanently, not sure what AutoKeyLock is disabling it for at all?!

Anyway, absolutely top app apart from that!

Guest maniac103
My Device is Dopod565.

If want to Unlock the keypad, it must presses onto the left SoftKey, then presses  the # key.

But the Automatic keylock's Auto Unlock function is presses onto left softkey only. So the Auto Unlock Function is not work. Have any solution?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try to increase the window wait time (on the unlock page) and look if this window title in the edit field is the same as the title of the "unlock" window (the one appearing after pressing the left softkey). This should help :)

Hi maniac103,

Your program is great, I really like the new feature with enabled BT when charging, I just wonder if it is possible to add few options:

Choose between BT "on" or "discoverable"

When you unplug the supply have the possibility to not turn off the BT, because I use my smartphone as a remote control for my computer.

The program should switch BT to the state it had before plugging the power supply in. If it does not do that, this is a bug.

I just have an other remark (I use an other font in my phone not tina), in version 2.51 the font in the screen saver was not tina (my font) for time date and notification, but in version 2.52 the font is tina for time and not tina for date and notification, is there a possibilty to use my font for time, date, and notification?

Thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please have a look at the registry value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoKeylock\UseLCDFont and see if this one is 0.

This value primarily is for testing at the moment - perhaps I will add the possibility to use an own font later.

I think this has only been happening with the latest version but for some reason, the Auto Keylock program disables bluetooth the first time it kicks in after switching on the phone.  If I then re-enable BT, Auto Keylock doesn't switch it off again.  Is this a known bug or is there something odd with my phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed that too.  I like to have BT on discoverable permanently, not sure what AutoKeyLock is disabling it for at all?!

Anyway, absolutely top app apart from that!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will have a look at this.

Great app,

I realy like the screensaver with the clock.

Is there a way to only enable the screensaver.

or enable it while the keylock is diabled, like in headset or charge mode.