Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest jstephanov

Hi there!

Very nice app indeed, used it for a month or so, but all of a sudden now my phone is locked and cannot Unlock. Tried removing the app, nothing helps, everytime it locks the phone and no access to keyboard I can only pull the battery out.

Might not be the app's problem, but I thought you might want to know this.

I'll probably be hard resetting now.

CHeers,

J.

Guest maniac103
Hi there!

Very nice app indeed, used it for a month or so, but all of a sudden now my phone is locked and cannot Unlock. Tried removing the app, nothing helps, everytime it locks the phone and no access to keyboard I can only pull the battery out.

Might not be the app's problem, but I thought you might want to know this.

I'll probably be hard resetting now.

CHeers,

J.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Before you hard reset your device: Do you have the screen saver enabled? If yes - please try to disable it and see, if the problem persists. I have to do some really crude things to hide the "Unlock" menu, perhaps there is something going wrong with this on your phone. If it does not solve it, I currently have no explaination for this behaviour. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Been using this app ever since it was out, it's simply the best one I use on my smartphone.

Does anyone know if it works on WM5 :??:

If not, any date for a version that supports WM5 :??:

Thanks..

:o

It works fine on WM5

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, it doesn't work properly on my C500/WM5!

When I select the desired settings then click ok, I get an error:

Error creating keyboard hook.

Program is closed. (5)

Notes:

1- I had Xbar2.6 installed (which didn't really work for me) & I removed it, just in case..

Any ideas?

Thanks

Guest ronswens
Well, it doesn't work properly on my C500/WM5!

When I select the desired settings then click ok, I get an error:

Error creating keyboard hook.

Program is closed. (5)

Notes:

1- I had Xbar2.6 installed (which didn't really work for me) & I removed it, just in case..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you need to app unlock it, xBar works fine too for me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Weired!!!

I did the HTC app unlock reg trick:

"Any HTC phone can be unlocked by changing these registry keys:

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 (RAPI)

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40 (Cert)"

Taken from this link:

http://www.spv-developers.com/forum/article.php?a=1

My phone now appears to be app unlocked. I then uninstalled/reinstalled AutoKeylock & Xbar, but I still get the same error!

Help :??: Anyone :cry:

Weired!!!

I did the HTC app unlock reg trick:

"Any HTC phone can be unlocked by changing these registry keys:

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 (RAPI)

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40 (Cert)"

Taken from this link:

http://www.spv-developers.com/forum/article.php?a=1

My phone now appears to be app unlocked. I then uninstalled/reinstalled AutoKeylock & Xbar, but I still get the same error!

Help  :??:  Anyone  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have EXACTLY the same problem with WM5 on my C500 and my SDA.

Keylock installs OK and when trying to use it, I get the same error as balaan

Cheers

hrb

I have EXACTLY the same problem with WM5 on my C500 and my SDA.

Keylock installs OK and when trying to use it, I get the same error as balaan

Cheers

hrb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is to confirm that on WM5, you need to app unlock for this great software to work!!! :o

Thanks ronswens you are the man!!! 8)

Note: As ronswens suggested, I used the SDA-ApplicationUnlocker.

Thank you ronswens, again & again.. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey there ronswens !

You made my day, it's working now after the app unlock.

The unlock in the registry (policies) apparently only do a security unlock.

Cheers and Thx.

Hans

hi maniac,

i posted some time ago about a problem with my spv c500 : from times to times the keyboard remains locked and is just like the # key is not working anymore. i press the unlock the usual message appears but when pressing # nothing happens (just like pressing any key different from #)

the only thing to do is to pull the bat out and then power the phone. after ii input the pin the home screen appears and ... is locked :o . only then i can unlock the phone

do you have a debug version?

Guest maniac103
hi maniac,

i posted some time ago about a problem with my spv c500 : from times to times the keyboard remains locked and is just like the # key is not working anymore. i press the unlock the usual message appears but when pressing # nothing happens (just like pressing any key different from #)

the only thing to do is to pull the bat out and then power the phone. after ii input the pin the home screen appears and ... is locked :o . only then i can unlock the phone

do you have a debug version?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you jstephanov? :(

Please have a look here (post #377).

Edited by maniac103

Guest maniac103
nop ... not jstephanov  :o

I tried that link but is not working ... is the same post #377 from above?  :??:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I meant the post #377 from above. I have to do some crude things to get the screen saver in front of all other windows. Perhaps there is something wrong with this on your phone? Please try disabling the screen saver and see if this helps. If it helps, please tell me your exact setup on your phone (e.g. apps running). You can also try disabling all other running programs and see if this helps. If it helps, enable the other programs one by another and see which one is causing the problem (and tell me about it :(). I have never had such a hang here, so there must be a problem with other software.

Yes, I meant the post #377 from above. I have to do some crude things to get the screen saver in front of all other windows. Perhaps there is something wrong with this on your phone? Please try disabling the screen saver and see if this helps.

I don't have the screensaver option. Here are my checked/selected options:

General:

Keylock

Locking mode: keypad lock

Timeouts: 30 secs

Special profiles:

in headset:

disable keylock

unlock automatically

in car:

disable keylock

unlock automatically

when charging:

disable keylock

unlock automatically

Unlock:

Window wait time : 100ms

Window title: Unlock

detect manual unlock is not checked in the last section. what does it do?

the programs running: Photo contacts

also the auto-unlock when charging is not working (disable keylock is working ... after I unlock manually the phone :o )

Edited by kelu

Guest maniac103
detect manual unlock is not checked in the last section. what does it do?

If this is on, a manual unlock gets detected and thus no automatic unlock is tried in this case.

the programs running: Photo contacts
This is ok, I have it running here, too.

also the auto-unlock when charging is not working (disable keylock is working ... after I unlock manually the phone  :o )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is the language your phone is set to? The window title of the unlock window (the one that says "Press # to unlock") must match the text which is in "window title". If these two match, try increasing the window wait time to 250 or 500 ms.

But these things have nothing to do with your problem. I have no real explanation for that, sorry. And I don't even have an idea how to fix it :(

You could try disabling the "unlock automatically" checkboxes and see if this helps...but this is only a wild guess...

What is the language your phone is set to? The window title of the unlock window (the one that says "Press # to unlock") must match the text which is in "window title". If these two match, try increasing the window wait time to 250 or 500 ms.

But these things have nothing to do with your problem. I have no real explanation for that, sorry. And I don't even have an idea how to fix it :lol:

language in english (I keept it a week or two on french also), the title is "Unlock" as in "windows title" field

i had "unlock automatically" unchecked actually (few days ago I checked when it was charging and locked and I needed to send a sms)

just some other infos: phone was bought in france, has been rom upgraded to 4.2.2.1 (french version) but language is set to english

anyway it seems that this problem is not general so it must be something with my phone :o ... (I'll try to hard reset it one day ...maybe :( )

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I Hope someone can elp me out?

I have got Automatic Keylock Version 2.25 on my Orange SPV C500 and I would like to update it to the newer version I have got some Questions.

1, Do I need to uninstall the Old one? If so I can not find it in Remove Programs.

2, I have tried the New Cab file on the Automatic Keylock website but I can not get the SPV C500 to install it

Many Thanks for any Help/ Information.

2, I have tried the New Cab file on the Automatic Keylock website but I can not get the SPV C500 to install it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How are you trying to install it? What happens when you try to install it?

How are you trying to install it?  What happens when you try to install it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your reply.

I did what it said down the bottom of the first page

1. Download file (Keylock_1.6__EN_.cab) to your PC.

2. Sync phone to PC

3. Navigate to \Storage\windows\Start Menu\Accessories

4. Transfer / dump the CAB file inside Accessories folder

5. Hold phone, hit Start then open Accessories folder

6. Click on the file to begin installation process. Follow instructions on your screen until app is installed.

The File Got when I download was a winzip file and the files are called:

_Setup.xml

Keyloc ~ 1.002 File

0keylock.001 File

On the XML File on the phone it brings up IE

On both the other files It comes up saying Error There is no application associated with " OKeylock". "Keyloc ~ 1". Run the Application first and then open this file inside the application.

Then it says OK then it goes back into the programes Menu.

Am I doing something wrong?

Guest Wombleuk

Yes, the winzip file is a cab file.

You should have copied the file to your phone and not its contents. That is don't extract the contents , just copy the .cab file to your phone.

Go into explorer on your phone, navigate to the .cab file then select it.

It should then install the app .

HTH

Graham

Edited by Wombleuk

Yes, the winzip file is a cab file.

You should have copied the file to your phone and not its contents. That is don't extract the contents , just copy the .cab file to your phone.

Go into explorer on your phone, navigate to the .cab file then select it.

It should then install the app .

HTH

Graham

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Graham,

Thanks for your Helpfull information I have now got it working OK now. Iit is Installed and working.

Many Thanks once again for your help.

Guest balaaan

Hi,

Have a very annoying problem in WM5. On 2003, when the screen is switched off & I'd like to simply see the clock/date of AutoKeylock, I could simply press any button & AutoKeylock would show with the clock/date. On WM5 however, when I do the same, I immediately get the unlock page (AutoKeylock doesn't display) :cry:

Pls help..

Guest maniac103
Hi,

Have a very annoying problem in WM5. On 2003, when the screen is switched off & I'd like to simply see the clock/date of AutoKeylock, I could simply press any button & AutoKeylock would show with the clock/date. On WM5 however, when I do the same, I immediately get the unlock page (AutoKeylock doesn't display)  :cry:

Pls help..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One possible work-around is to increase the deactivation delay (page screen saver) to something like 1000 ms or so.

Other than that, I have no idea what to do to fix this as I can't detect from my program if the screen is off or not :o