Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Hi maniac103,

I just noticed that the new "status line" displays the info incorrectly.

It shows the battery-status as 81%.

But when fully charged, it still displays 81%.

After a while I checked teh systeminfo form taskmanager.

Taskmanager says 92%, but the "status line" still 81%.

Even after a reboot still 81%.

Don't know if the signal-level is correct, it is always 100%.

Guest maniac103
I just noticed that the new "status line" displays the info incorrectly.

It shows the battery-status as 81%.

But when fully charged, it still displays 81%.

After a while I checked teh systeminfo form taskmanager.

Taskmanager says 92%, but the "status line" still 81%.

Even after a reboot still 81%.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After reading the documentation quite a lot of times I found out what is the reason. Although the documentation states that the value I read gives the percentage of the battery charge, it gives back this percentage in 5 levels only (0=VeryLow,21=Low,41=Medium,61=High,81=VeryHigh).

I will fix this in the next version. The signal level should be ok, though.

EDIT: Fixed in V3.31 ;)

Edited by maniac103

EDIT: Fixed in V3.31 ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's nice Maniac, but is it possible to disable the information on the statusline?

I like it very much as it was. I really don't need the status line.

And when I use Moving Clock I even can't read the statusline on my C500. :?:

I am using Automatic keylock, and for me, it works great. This application is a definitive MUST for the Smartphoen platform.

However, I can't see any use for the screensaver function. How is this supposed to be used? It looks great while it is running, but you can't leave your screen on all the time, since it would kill the battery. And if the screen is off, and you press a button to turn it on, the screensaver is disabled and you see the standard Windows unlock page, hence, the screensaver is "useless" here too.

By "useless", I don't at all mean bad, just that I don't see any use. The screensaver itself looks really nice, so I am wondering if I am missing the point here.

How do you guys use this function?

Edited by scsi

It's nice Maniac, but is it possible to disable the information on the statusline?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:oops: :oops: Oops :oops: :oops:

sorry................... I'll already found it! ;)

Edited by Funske

Guest maniac103
I am using Automatic keylock, and for me, it works great. This application is a definitive MUST for the Smartphoen platform.

However, I can't see any use for the screensaver function. How is this supposed to be used? It looks great while it is running, but you can't leave your screen on all the time, since it would kill the battery. And if the screen is off, and you press a button to turn it on, the screensaver is disabled and you see the standard Windows unlock page, hence, the screensaver is "useless" here too.

By "useless", I don't at all mean bad, just that I don't see any use. The screensaver itself looks really nice, so I am wondering if I am missing the point here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally I leave the screen on all the time. Yes, that reduces battery life, but I can live with that. If somebody wants to have the maximum battery life, the screen saver won't be of much use, you're right.

@maniac103

I do have a new problem with this latest version. If a call comes in whilst the phone has been locked by the app, if I hit the answer button, the call is cleared but I have the circuit switched data call icon come on by the signal strength meter. I then have to hit the hang up button to stop it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Edited by fozzie

Personally I leave the screen on all the time. Yes, that reduces battery life, but I can live with that. If somebody wants to have the maximum battery life, the screen saver won't be of much use, you're right.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am probably way off here, but wouldn't it be possible to have "Automatic Keylock" not use the Windows built-in locking function, which isn't all that great, but "simply" run the screensaver and not put any keys through to the system?

That way, even if you want to have your screen turned off, the screensaver would come on when you turned the screen back on, instead of the lousy info screen in WM5, telling you how to unlock the phone.

Just a thought. I don't have any idea about how WM5 works, so this may very well be impossible.

Anyhow, I would just like to thank you for this great app, which is a must-have complement. And free, at that. ;)

Edited by scsi

Guest maniac103
@maniac103

I do have a new problem with this latest version.  If a call comes in whilst the phone has been locked by the app, if I hit the answer button, the call is cleared but I have the circuit switched data call icon come on by the signal strength meter.  I then have to hit the hang up button to stop it.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting. I haven't seen that before, but I'll have a look.

I am probably way off here, but wouldn't it be possible to have "Automatic Keylock" not use the Windows built-in locking function, which isn't all that great, but "simply" run the screensaver and not put any keys through to the system?

That way, even if you want to have your screen turned off, the screensaver would come on when you turned the screen back on, instead of the lousy info screen in WM5, telling you how to unlock the phone.

Just a thought. I don't have any idea about how WM5 works, so this may very well be impossible.

Anyhow, I would just like to thank you for this great app, which is a must-have complement. And free, at that.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's hard to do something like that properly (so that it works for all cases), so I'll stick to the WM keylock.

Regarding the screen off thing: You can try pressing one of the volume buttons while the screen saver is on and the screen is off :D

Interesting. I haven't seen that before, but I'll have a look.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. I just did a bit more testing. The same thing happens whether I press the left soft key 'accept' or the green answer key; the missed call indicator comes on, the dialled up data icon comes on and there is silence in the earpiece. Interestingly, the calling party still just hears ringing; they're not diverted to voicemail.

If instead however, I quickly press either the soft key or the answer key twice, then the call is answered, although the missed call icon still gets displayed.

Hope that helps.

Guest maniac103
Thanks.  I just did a bit more testing.  The same thing happens whether I press the left soft key 'accept' or the green answer key; the missed call indicator comes on, the dialled up data icon comes on and there is silence in the earpiece.  Interestingly, the calling party still just hears ringing; they're not diverted to voicemail.

If instead however, I quickly press either the soft key or the answer key twice, then the call is answered, although the missed call icon still gets displayed.

Hope that helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you have the screen saver turned on in this case? If yes, can you please try it again with the screen saver turned off?

Guest roma0803

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have my screensaver starting after 3 minutes. This way my keypad locks also after 3 minutes. My screen goes black after 5 minutes, I need a long life battery. If I need to know the time, I press the volume button and the screensaver gives me the info I want. Also if I missed calls or received a message. It's a nice addition to the functionality of the phone.

Do you have the screen saver turned on in this case? If yes, can you please try it again with the screen saver turned off?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With the screen saver turned off, it works fine. With the screen saver on, then it does as described above.

Thanks.

Guest maniac103
With the screen saver turned off, it works fine.  With the screen saver on, then it does as described above.

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll try to fix that.

Please PM me your mail address so I can try to debug this with you. Thanks!

EDIT: Until that disabling the status line also should solve the problem.

Edited by maniac103

Sorry if this has already been brought up, but if you have missed calls, but no unread messages, the line shows "1 call,".

It would be good if the comma sign didn't appear unless there were unread messages also.

Guest maniac103
Sorry if this has already been brought up, but if you have missed calls, but no unread messages, the line shows "1 call,".

It would be good if the comma sign didn't appear unless there were unread messages also.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll fix that.

EDIT: Which version are you using? I can't reproduce this at the moment...

Edited by maniac103

Guest maniac103
I'm using v3.31.

When you only have unread messages, but no missed calls, it's properly displayed.

Let me know if I can do some testing for you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you using the WM5 version? If yes, I've found the bug and it will be fixed in the upcoming v3.4. (I personally use the WM2K3 version, that's why I could not reproduce it).

Are you using the WM5 version? If yes, I've found the bug and it will be fixed in the upcoming v3.4. (I personally use the WM2K3 version, that's why I could not reproduce it).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yepp, I'm using the WM5 version.

I have just find the use for the screensaver, so I'm hoping you will get this sorted. ;)

Guest maniac103
Yepp, I'm using the WM5 version.

I have just find the use for the screensaver, so I'm hoping you will get this sorted.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, v3.4 is almost done, only some translations are missing. ;)

The screensaver sometimes behaves odd on my phone. It goes on (I have set to 10 secons, homescreen only) runs for about 15 secons, and closes. (I have set my screen to turn off completly after 30s, so for 15 s after the screensaver is gone, it just shows the homescreen) The softkeys then look like the phone is unlocket (they have their regular labels), although it is locked. And if you press any key, they will swich to the correct "locked mode", the left showing unlock and right empty.

When this starts happening, it will do so untill I restart the phone.

It's hard to explain, so if you have any questions, I would be glad to try answering them. Btw, I am runnin the WM5 version on a SP5.

And I have to just ask, even though you said that its hard to get it working properly... Would it be possible to just take the "suppress key presses" a bit further, and not make the screensaver dissappear untill you for example hold down "*" for 2 secons? That alone would make the WM-native keylock function unnecessary.

Think about it; The screensaver already comes up after a certain time, it disappears automatically when you get a call, an alarm goes off, etc, so if you only could make the screensaver manually be turned off by holding *, you would have a functional keylock feature without using the WM one.

I don't have any experience in WM programming, and I don't know how exactly "AutomaticKeylock" works, but it seems to me that only a small change would do the trick.

I am sure that you already have thought about this, but if you haven't, I really hope that you do. ;)

Edited by scsi

Guest maniac103
The screensaver sometimes behaves odd on my phone. It goes on (I have set to 10 secons, homescreen only) runs for about 15 secons, and closes. (I have set my screen to turn off completly after 30s, so for 15 s after the screensaver is gone, it just shows the homescreen) The softkeys then look like the phone is unlocket (they have their regular labels), although it is locked. And if you press any key, they will swich to the correct "locked mode", the left showing unlock and right empty.

When this starts happening, it will do so untill I restart the phone.

It's hard to explain, so if you have any questions, I would be glad to try answering them. Btw, I am runnin the WM5 version on a SP5.

Can you make this behaviour reproducable? If yes - how?

And can you give me your settings (from registry - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\maniac\AutoKeylock)

And I have to just ask, even though you said that its hard to get it working properly... Would it be possible to just take the "suppress key presses" a bit further, and not make the screensaver dissappear untill you for example hold down "*" for 2 secons? That alone would make the WM-native keylock function unnecessary.
Answer is below.

Think about it; The screensaver already comes up after a certain time, it disappears automatically when you get a call, an alarm goes off, etc, so if you only could make the screensaver manually be turned off by holding *, you would have a functional keylock feature without using the WM one.

In these cases, the screen saver is only in the background, but is still there. That's the problem ;)

The screen saver must be disabled by my program itself (it currently is disabled when a button is pressed), but I do not get any notification about an incoming call (well, I could get a notification for this with a large overhead), get no notification about an alarm and no notification about a reminder.

Edited by maniac103

I found a problem.

On my screensaver it always displays the number of unread messages. Even after I've read them all. :?:

The only solution is to disable the the Automatic Keylock, click on OK and then enable the Automatic Keylock again. :??:

EDIT:

After the next message the problem is back again. :cry:

EDIT:

I've installed the software again and reset the registry, but it makes no difference the problem is back again. :evil:

Edited by Funske