Orange France release C500 Update (with WMP 10)

Guest PaulOBrien

In an attempt to find out what all the fuss is about (regarding WM 10 for Smartphone) I kept an eye on IMATE’s site waiting on their release of a ROM containing WM10.

Promises were made but never kept. As soon as I saw this announcement I downloaded the French ROM.

It installed with no problem. After changing the language and having to set my connection settings manually (Sprite Backup did not work) I was ready to go.

Now I have an IMATE SP3 with an ORANGE FRANCE ROM.

The only problem I have thus far is WM10 (desktop) that keeps telling me that the device does not support my playlist.

Thanks guys for the heads-up.

Guest tha_neo

I got a irritating problem with the french rom. Before this i had qteks rom and all worked great. the thing with the french rom is that when I start the phone it has 10 mb free ram. After a while, opening som apps and so on i only have about 0.9 m left. Then i start taskmanager to close all open programs and it only gives me 3.5-4 mb free. my qtek didn´t free upp all up to 10 mb but about 8-9. how can i fix this??

Thanks

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

You can effectively re-claim/manage physical memory with Oxios Hibernate. I include a shortcut to the program on my Startup folder.

Guest tha_neo
You can effectively re-claim/manage physical memory with Oxios Hibernate. I include a shortcut to the program on my Startup folder.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

aight, thanks m8 ;) will try that!!

Is it posible for someone to mail me the new WMP10?

Thats the only thing I'm interested in, and the mail + mms pogram.

Or ist this an ilegal question

Edited by Guest

Guest muddy250
i have the same, seems the site is still buggy, i will send them another email

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too. Tried 3 times but never got the message on the phone. Am also wondering if that had something to do with my rogue gprs connection...it tried to connect every 20 seconds all day yesterday so I'm wary of trying again now. Orange assure me that I won't be billed. Will be watching the next bill with interest.

Guest jhils1

Does anyone know what "IMAP4" is?-The latest Orange UK ROM puts an IMAP4 option in messaging(the first version just had MMS SMS and E-mail options).But the French one reverts back to the orinial 3 options and leaves out IMAP4.What is it and why does the French ROM not have it ?

Edited by jhils1

Guest brykins
its a form of email:)

And it's still there in the french rom when you set up a new email account - the option is there to choose POP3 or IMAP4.

Guest Paul [MVP]

Yes, you can have both, nothing is lost in the French ROM, they just don't have an IMAP4 account set up by default, which is a LOT more sensible that the UK ROM ;)

P

Guest pete_thomson

OK - I can confirm that if you can NOT go back to UK rom on a locked phone after unlocking via Orange.

Mine was app unlocked, but simlocked. I backed up the rom images using a tutorial here (needed at least a 30Mb SD card, so I bought a SanDisk 128Mb with full sized adaptor from Argos for £21.99) and then updated to French buy modifying the header in the .nbf using TyphoonNBFTool and changed the Operator from ORANGE02 to ORANGE01 and 10 mins later - oh la la!!!

IMAP4 is gone, WMP10 is good, Orange Apps are only in French.

Rang Orange to unlock the phone - done.

Ran the UK 4.1.1.4 ROM - Error 296 (Upgrade Only)

Edited the secondary version to 2.1.1.14, to get it higher than the French version of 2.1.1.13 and the flash runs fine - reboot..... and it's still french :-(

Tried to app lock it, and it accepts the IMEI fine, but I've not had anything....

but the french GPRS settings are still there. I'll add the UK ones back in and see what happens.

Guest jhils1

Since installing the french rom I cant send MMS or connect to the internet even though I get full GPRS signal.I ve followed instructions in this thread but they dont work.I ve rung Orange who ve sent me an SMS with the settings in 4 times in 24 hrs and I ve got none of them even though 2 SIM updates were also sent at the sane time and I ve received them!They ve also tried to set them manually but that still doesnt work either.HELP!

Guest Confucious
Since installing the french rom I cant send MMS or connect to the internet even though I get full GPRS signal.I ve followed instructions in this thread but they dont work.I ve rung Orange who ve sent me an SMS with the settings in 4 times in 24 hrs and I ve got none of them even though 2 SIM updates were also sent at the sane time and I ve received them!They ve also tried to set them manually but that still doesnt work either.HELP!

Try going back to the UK ROM. ;)

Guest pete_thomson

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Delete all the GPRS settings in Start -> Settings -> Data Connections -> (MENU) Edit Connections -> GPRS Connections.

Delete all the Dial Up Connections in Start -> Settings -> Data Connections -> (MENU) Edit Connections ->Dial Up Connections.

Enter GPRS connections and (MENU) Add:

Description:

Orange GPRS

Connects to:

The Internet

Access Point:

orangeinternet

User name:

[leave blank]

Password:

[leave blank]

Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

IP address:

[leave blank]

Go back into Data Connections and set Internet Connection to Orange GPRS.

Remember to select "The Internet" as your connection in IE and MSN etc.

Enter GPRS connections again and (MENU) Add:

Description:

Orange MMS

Connects to:

MMS Network

Access Point:

orangemms

User name:

orange

Password:

multimedia

Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

IP address:

This gives you your MMS and Internet settings.

Delete all the server settings in Start -> Messaging -> Media Messages -> (MENU) Options -> Account Setup -> (MENU) Edit -> (MENU) Edit Connections.

In Edit Connections add a new connection:

Description:

Orange MMS

MMSC Address:

http://mms.orange.co.uk

Data Network:

MMS Network

Gateway:

WAP 2.0 Gateway

IP address:

Port:

And bobs your uncle - I know this off by heart as the Super Moto version on the MPX200 WM2003 firmware did not include Orange settings.

Guest jhils1

Cool-it works-Thanx!-Spent half an hour on the phone to orange today and they couldnt do it-in the end they decided to get technical support to look into it and phone me within two weeks (heard that one before)-Typical p*ss poor service from em!

Guest mightyducks
Typical p*ss poor service from em!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How can you possibly complain about the lack of service from Orange when you've screwed up your phone by installing a French ROM that was never designed for the UK network. Even if Orange Tech Support come back with the answer of the handset is faulty and replace it under care (if you have care) but their new system ensures that it will be tracked through the handset faults repairs team and you'd be charged full price for the new handset.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.