SPV C500 Dock now available in the MoDaCo Shop

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest zeta101
I think it's fine for you to charge what you like for the cradle - and if people are buying at that price, then you could define it as being worth that much.

I also have no arguments with running a special promo offer on them with the bundled discounted memory, although it seems unfair to not also still be selling the cradles by themselves.  I would say that most power-users, the ones i would asume to be wanting a cradle the most (i.e. your core market demograph?) would already have bought their memory cards at the same time or soon after the initial acquisition of the phone.  So to basically say that you don't want them to buy them seems a bit rediculous.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree with pisquee here, also consider that the c500 has been out a long time now, if you had the offer just after the launch of the c500 last year then I could totally understand it as. Why have you pulled the "just buy the cradle" option? it was actually on the site for a while...(and I also agree that it's your product so charge whatever you want btw ;)).

Something that bothers me though (and please correct me if I'm wrong)...the site says:

"Special Launch offer we are giving away a Kingmax Mini SD 256Mb Card at a hugely discounted price when bought with the exclusive C500 Cradle. It doesn't get any better than this!"

But the price is £43.99. If we minus the cost of original deal for just the cradle (ie £25) then we get £18.99 for the miniSD card. You can pick up the exact same card for £19.20+postage from ebuyer here

I wouldn't call this "giving away at a hugely discounted price" (but that's my opinion ofcourse).

Guest RazorD

Mine came this morning ;)

Lovely thing... but, strange ;) Nice build quality too..

You pay this price for docks to most things these days, and completely off topic, but cool, Orange OTA unlocking works now, so i can use Celltrack :P

-Raz

Guest muddy250
Mine came this morning ;)

Lovely thing... but, strange ;) Nice build quality too..

You pay this price for docks to most things these days, and completely off topic, but cool, Orange OTA unlocking works now, so i can use Celltrack :P

-Raz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

why 'strange'? interesting

Guest RazorD
why 'strange'? interesting

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unlike any dock ive ever seen... the bottom (not really visable unless you look at it ;)) looks like its been made out of polystryrene, or pumice stone ;) lotsa airbubbles.

The whole thing looks like it should be really light, but isnt :P, which is a good thing, cause the weight is great for positioning it anywhere you like and not have the cable tugging it around. ;)

Guest muddy250
Unlike any dock ive ever seen... the bottom (not really visable unless you look at it ;)) looks like its been made out of polystryrene, or pumice stone ;) lotsa airbubbles.

The whole thing looks like it should be really light, but isnt :P, which is a good thing, cause the weight is great for positioning it anywhere you like and not have the cable tugging it around. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good to know you're happy with it, thanks :D

Guest specialized
Great if you wanna put your phone in an ashtray/cup type device  ;)

Plus as a bonus you will get big muscles  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please refrain from insulting the cradle I created. I made it long before your cradle arrived. I started selling the cradle only because the smartphone community wanted it and kept the price near cost so anyone can enjoy it. I’m happy to see other cradles being developed and hope I inspired it in some way. Just be more professional in your comments.

Guest TigerNet

...bought one from the shop, delivered the next day...great service...but...

I just get the message from the PC that there is an unrecognized USB device that is not working properly!!! I have e-mailed the shop and have had no response...hmmm...

Advice please...

Cheers

Nick

I received my cradle one week ago (in the USA) and it's been great! The price was a bit steep, but I've wanted a cradle for a while so I bought it...

Only two minor things I'd recommend for improvement:

1. Put some type of velvet, rubber pieces, or something on the bottom as it MAY scratch the surface it sits on.

2. The cradle seems VERY durable and the phone fits in there tight and is VERY stable... the only thing is, it's a little too stable to where I can't take it off the cradle with one hand, which would be very nice to do if possible.

These are two minor things in my opinion and I would recommend this cradle overall...

Guest muddy250
I received my cradle one week ago (in the USA) and it's been great! The price was a bit steep, but I've wanted a cradle for a while so I bought it...

Only two minor things I'd recommend for improvement:

1. Put some type of velvet, rubber pieces, or something on the bottom as it MAY scratch the surface it sits on.

2. The cradle seems VERY durable and the phone fits in there tight and is VERY stable... the only thing is, it's a little too stable to where I can't take it off the cradle with one hand, which would be very nice to do if possible.

These are two minor things in my opinion and I would recommend this cradle overall...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers!

They now have felt bases and I find, with practice, and one finger on the top behind the phone, I can take it out with one hand now! As for durability, the resin is hard, not quite pool ball but if you threw it at the wall the wall would suffer most... ;)

Guest C00LH4ND
...bought one from the shop, delivered the next day...great service...but...

I just get the message from the PC that there is an unrecognized USB device that is not working properly!!! I have e-mailed the shop and have had no response...hmmm...

Advice please...

Cheers

Nick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nick

Have you had any reply yet about this issue?

Cheers

C00lh4nd

Guest gazbert
Cradle good - Bloody excellent

Paying £24.99 for a 99p usb cable and a lump of moulded plastic? Bad - Have you got one, seen one, where do you buy USB cables for 99p unless you want several hundred.

My local computer fair

Come on guys! At £24.99 you must be making about £23 pure profit. Let's see a more reasonable price - You obviously know a lot about manufacturing and the hard work which has gone into this project.

My friend works for a plastic moulding company. He reckons he could make each moulding for about 25p each. Add to that something heavy to keep the dock stable, and the USB cable and you hit about £2. Screw it all together and voila! Incidentally, that price also included little rubber feet as suggested further up the discussion

Hands up who'd pay £24.99 for this? - Try 30+ people

My point exactly. So we have thousands and thousands (millions maybe) of C500 owners, and 30 of them have bought one? Do the numbers my friend. Make this pocket friendly and your sales will sky-rocket.

Now hands up who'd pay £10 for this? What's that? 10 times more people would buy one for a tenner than would for £24.99? How surprising - You are joking, how do you think we could possibly make this device and sell it for £8.52.

If my mate can do it then so can you. Before someone says why doesn't he then, he's already proposing it to the company he works for. If they go for it, expect a much more reasonable price.

As much as I'd love a cradle, I can't justify paying this stupid amount of money for one - Save your pennies up then

Thanks, but I prefer value for my money.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest TigerNet
Nick

Have you had any reply yet about this issue?

Cheers

C00lh4nd

Not a thing ;)

I am still waiting for a response from the shop...I guess I'll have to chase them next week...

...I also notice that the Shop Forum seems to have disappeared...or am I missing something???

Cheers

Nick

• 1 month later...
Guest mavisdavis

Nice Find Win2K

My contract is nearly up now on the C500 but this thing looks lit it'll fit a phone in with its case on. I may have to get one

Guest tsutton
Forget £25 people, try a more realistic £12 inc Vat.

more info here

SP3 is the same as SPV C500...

That's a lot better and reasonable price! Has anyone used it yet? Is it good? Does it have a weight in the bottom, so I can remove C500 in a easy pull up?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.