Anyone answer a few MPx220 questions?

Guest zim_zimmer

Guest zim_zimmer

Hi...

Have had my MPx220 for a while now and have had a good play, just wondered if you experts could answer any of these for me please??

1. Just wanted to know if you can assign photos to contacts and for them to show up on the front screen when the person calls you... If so what size do the pictures need to be?

2. Is it possible to change the phones Bluetooth Name? At the moment mine just shows up as ' ) ' and I cannot find a way to change it!!

3. Long shot... any progress on the JAVA Games front?!? Can we upload and play our own jar/jad games?

4. Any chance of making the camera any better, for a 1.2mp camera it is a little grainy.

Thank You

Paul

Guest dchester
Hi...

Have had my MPx220 for a while now and have had a good play, just wondered if you experts could answer any of these for me please??

1.  Just wanted to know if you can assign photos to contacts and for them to show up on the front screen when the person calls you...  If so what size do the pictures need to be?

2.  Is it possible to change the phones Bluetooth Name?  At the moment mine just shows up as ' ) ' and I cannot find a way to change it!! 

3.  Long shot... any progress on the JAVA Games front?!?  Can we upload and play our own jar/jad games?

4.  Any chance of making the camera any better, for a 1.2mp camera it is a little grainy.

Thank You

Paul

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the first question, it can be done, but for some strange reason (ask Bill Gates) you have to go into the PhotoAlbum program to do it (rather than doing it from contacts). After going into PhotoAlbum, select the photo that you wish to assign (at the 4 pictures screen), but don't open it. Then make the Menu selection "Attach to Contact" (you have to scroll down to see it). Next, the list of Contacts will open up and you can assign the photo to the contact.

The only way I know of to upload our own Java programs, is to put them onto a web server, where they then can be downloaded.

Guest roma0803

About Q2

Change your registry setting in anything you want: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Settings\LocalName

About Q4

No, not that I've heard of. Maybe in time a Windows Mobile 5 upgrade changes the quality a bit, but most likely it's a hardware limitation.

Guest zim_zimmer
About Q2

Change your registry setting in anything you want: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Settings\LocalName

About Q4

No, not that I've heard of. Maybe in time a Windows Mobile 5 upgrade changes the quality a bit, but most likely it's a hardware limitation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks guys...

You know you said about uploading to a webserver and downloading them? I've done all that but it still doesn't seem to work?

I've created my own webserver and downloaded .jad files through PIE and internet passthrough, the phone loads up Jeodeck and says its installing the MIDLET and its complete. Then I get the option to play now or not... whether I select yes or no then it doesn't matter because if select YES the game doesn't load up and it cuts back to the Jeodecj menu (with BLIIIARDS & STEPPING STONES) or if I select no it cuts back to the same screen.

Strange thing is when I view the appdb folder in Smart Explorer then I see that its added the Midlet as there are now more JAVA files but they just don't show up for selection in Jeodeck!!!

Any help?!?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wtloild
About Q2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't have a 'LocalName' key or value under \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Settings\

I just have a value of 'scanmode'

I added a value of my name, but it still says MPx220 though.

I'm on an O2 MPx220 (UK)