HTC officially announce the Universal

Guest pisquee

Guest spacerace
I agree, its far to big.. plus it lacks GPS, it would be amazing if it was integrated in it.. and as far as replacing a laptop, not really ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it's not a laptop replacement, but it will be powerful enough for some people to not need to lug their laptop all of the time.

I've never been a fan of built in GPS anyway. It reduces battery life on the device and it means that you can't always put your PDA/Phone in the best place in a car.

Guest Confucious
I've never been a fan of built in GPS anyway. It reduces battery life on the device and it means that you can't always put your PDA/Phone in the best place in a car.

Why not? I use a car adaptor to charge my phone if necessary and with a BT GPS receiver it doesn't matter where the phone is - I love my GPS ;)

Guest spacerace
Why not? I use a car adaptor to charge my phone if necessary and with a BT GPS receiver it doesn't matter where the phone is - I love my GPS ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes I was saying I didn't like BUILT IT gps, as in a gps aerial on the device as it means limited placement and higher battery comsumption etc. etc.

I am completely in favour of gps functionality, but I prefer an external GPS device connected via BT.

Guest Confucious
yes I was saying I didn't like BUILT IT gps, as in a gps aerial on the device as it means limited placement and higher battery comsumption etc. etc.

I am completely in favour of gps functionality, but I prefer an external GPS device connected via BT.

Maybe i should read what you wrote before I reply ;)

You are, of course right. Built in GPS can be a restriction, I'd prefer to stick with my BT receiver.

Guest spacerace
Maybe i should read what you wrote before I reply ;)

You are, of course right. Built in GPS can be a restriction, I'd prefer to stick with my BT receiver.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

np ! Yes I love my BT receiver, although I am constantly amazed at the less than optimum conditions that it still manages to get a signal in. I guess this will apply more and more to devices with inbuilt gps and their placement.

I was in Rome recently and used gps to help find our way about. Being able to switch the gps receiver off and know that I had't impacted the battery on my phone more than necessary was great.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.