Cingular replaced my mpx 220 with audiovox 5600

Guest djsodom

I got the flexskin cover from boxwave in the mail yesterday, it is a very nice cover if you are looking to protect your phone and not have to put on the leather ones that make the phone double in width. It also is like a super gripper so wherever you set the phone it is secure.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/flexiskin/...smt5600_418.htm

I had a Krussel on the MPx220 and it is a great case, but really increased the width of the phone. The flexskin cover is unique and doesn't change the size much at all. I did read to wash it 2-3 times before use and it takes off a bit of the gripping so that everything that touches it does not stick to it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I took a look at the flexskin cover, and it looks like it covers the speaker on the side of the phone. Have you had any problems with the sound -- especially the speakerphone -- since adding the flexskin? Have you noticed any reduced reception capabilities since adding it? Thanks for the help.

Guest chris_jon

Everyone getting replacements..... Do you have insurance on your phone? I had insurance on my MPX200, but when I upgraded to the 220, they said it wasn't offered. I've just recently used the update tool, so I'm going to see if it has fixed the volume issues and locking up I've been having. If not, I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks!

Guest stephenp1983

No I didnt have insurance. It was not offered due to the fact that cingular considers the 220 a PDA device. You just have to be persistant with them on the phone lol. They tried to send me another mx220 and i plainly said no and they eventually agreed to send me the audiovox. Got it today

Guest chris_jon

I'm glad to hear I don't need insurance, since they said the same to me about it being a PDA. I used my brothers phone the other day and by habit pressed it hard against my ear to hear. He doesn't have an MPX220, so now that I'm def in that ear....... :)

I'm calling first thing in the morning... Any advice on what I should tell them or just be persistant that I want a different phone?

Guest jmun2098

to get a new phone you dont use the cingular insurance.....you use the cingular exchange program, which is different from insurance

• 4 months later...
Guest tiapetra
to get a new phone you dont use the cingular insurance.....you use the cingular exchange program, which is different from insurance

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If anyone is interested I just got my mpx220 replaced with a smt5600 for the shipping fee of 7.50. Had to do it before my year ran out.

Much happier with 5600