Qtek 8020 Rom on O2-Xphone2

Guest wittewel

Guest wittewel

Hi there,

Is there sombody who can tell me how to install the latest Qtek rom on the O2 Xphone ?

The Rom is only working on the Qtek models, is there a trick to do it also on the O2-Xphone2 ?

I can not find any Rom update for the O2 branded models maybe somebody else do !!

ThX in advance, WitteWel

Guest wittewel
Hi there,

Is there sombody who can tell me how to install the latest Qtek rom on the O2 Xphone ?

The Rom is only working on the Qtek models, is there a trick to do it also on the O2-Xphone2 ?

I can not find any Rom update for theĀ  O2 branded models maybe somebody else do !!

ThX in advance, WitteWel

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great Forum over here ;)

I found this post >> http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=207547

My O2-Xphone2 is now udated with the latest Qtek rom and have also the WM10 and Dutch T9 files and some more minor improvements.

ThX,

Guest ronny
Great Forum over hereĀ  :D

I found this post >> http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=207547

My O2-Xphone2 is now udated with the latest Qtek rom and have also the WM10 and Dutch T9 files and some more minor improvements.

ThX,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi i also have an O2 Xphone2. can you give me more details on the Pros and Cons of the upgrade?

What ROM did you use? did you use the ROM for Qtek8010 on your XPHONE2 or did you use the ROM for the QTEK 8020 found here:

http://www.qtek.nu/default.asp?nc=1232&id=155&element=0

i'm really thinking of upgrading my xphone2. thanks. ;)

Edited by ronny

Guest IT Troll

I would guess that the 8020 ROM would be a better match for joystick phones - I have an SP3i.

Who is going to be the first to try it?

Guest wittewel
I would guess that the 8020 ROM would be a better match for joystick phones - I have an SP3i.

Who is going to be the first to try it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Off course use only the rom from the same phone family (hardware model)

O2Xphone2, Qtek 8020 etc etc.

If you use the manual as discribed above eveything is working fine.

I am already done.

C-ya

Guest ronny
hi i also have an O2 Xphone2. can you give me more details on the Pros and Cons of the upgrade?

What ROM did you use? did you use the ROM for Qtek8010 on your XPHONE2 or did you use the ROM for the QTEK 8020 found here:

http://www.qtek.nu/default.asp?nc=1232&id=155&element=0

i'm really thinking of upgrading my xphone2. thanks.Ā  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My brother finally did the update, we followed Wittewel's advice and everything worked out fine. Now my brother's O2 xphone2 has the Qtek 8020 ROm. i'm still thinking if i should do the update for my Xphone2 also. maybe i'll wait a few more days to see my brother's feedback with the ROM and see if it's worth it. thanks Wittewel. :D

Guest fbloise

It is good but:

Pro: Windows media player 10, T9 in european languages not like O2 software, that have just far east languages.

Cons: GPRS is sluggish. Cannot use iExplorer to connect to HTML pages, just to WAP sites using Martin's explanation. Dont even connects to MSN Messenger. May be is a problem with my provider, I haven't test at all.

By the way, mine was O2 Xphone II and I use the latest QTEK flash utility xplained in this forum.

Edited by fbloise

Guest nlk77
It is good but:

Pro: Windows media player 10, T9 in european languages not like O2 software, that have just far east languages.

Cons: GPRS is sluggish. Cannot use iExplorer to connect to HTML pages, just to WAP sites using Martin's explanation. Dont even connects to MSN Messenger. May be is a problem with my provider, I haven't test at all.

By the way, mine was O2 Xphone II and I use the latest QTEK flash utility xplained in this forum.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HELP! I cannot seems to flash my current Xphone II with the latest qtek 8020 Rom. I've followed the instruction from Typhoon NBF tool and removed the details, saved it. But in the end, it still says "For Upgrade Only" and I cannot go further than that. Please assist.

Now my current Xphone II hangs half way waiting for one compatible rom to run it again.

Guest nlk77

I've finally successfully changed my O2 Xphone II rom with the latest Qtek 8020 rom.

One word: Perfect!

I've not encounter any problems after installing, although at times (not often) the joystick seems malfunction but I thought it has been a problem for the device itself. The best is that it supports MP3 ringtone playback and includes Windows Media Player 10. And also spots a fuzzy type of font. I think it's called cleartype.

Here're the attached pics for the WMP10.

post-29532-1119756003_thumb.png

post-29532-1119756013_thumb.png

post-29532-1119756022_thumb.png

post-29532-1119756031_thumb.png

Guest ronny
I've finally successfully changed my O2 Xphone II rom with the latest Qtek 8020 rom.

One word: Perfect!

I've not encounter any problems after installing, although at times (not often) the joystick seems malfunction but I thought it has been a problem for the device itself. The best is that it supports MP3 ringtone playback and includes Windows Media Player 10. And also spots a fuzzy type of font. I think it's called cleartype.

Here're the attached pics for the WMP10.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi, how did you manage to install the qtek rom? what was your rom before you did the update? and what qtek rom did you use, swedish rom?

Guest simpled

Just installed the Qtek8020 ROM on my xphone2, had no problems whatsoever!

Notable changes:

- WM10! finally there is a media library to organise my music

- Cleartype turned on by default (its quite nice actually, haven't got sick of it yet)

- General more sluggish performance :) (don't you hate it when it happens to ALL your Microsoft product upgrades)

The conclusion is: only get it if you really need WM10.

• 1 year later...
Guest rustyknives

Hi...

Would you mind directing me to the website that shows the Qtek 8020 ROM please? I am dying to change the ROM on my Xphone II. There's just too many problems on this phone now and I do hope that with this new ROM, it would help solve them.

Thanks.