MoDaCo Summer Event 2005

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest agent.m

Damn! thats the Unity festival Day in Leeds been i've performing for the last 3 years. Will you be doing a winter one as well???

Guest awarner [MVP]
and for this one i think i'll be mostly behaving, with a small amount of giggling at girls

Ok I can see we will have to make a "watch beery" rota for his own good :)

Guest RazorD

Just one thing, is this 100% certainly happening? :) I know that doesnt sound positive :D But i don't wanna book train tickets if theres a chance it wont happen because of lack of numbers or any other reason :D

-Raz

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
hi.. yess in london ,  registered,, are there any other ways 2 pay except for paypal - i was told not to trust it!!

Paypal is the easiest and safest method. In this case there is almost no chance of any problems. Personally i've bee using paypal for years with no issues :)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Just a note to everyone - all registrations are going through fine, so theres no need to fill out the form more than once. Check your emails either tonight or tomorrow for more details regarding the registration fee payment.

Cheers all.

Guest Samsonite

if you can offer something other than PayPal, i'll make it along...

i dont trust PayPal i'm afraid... my sis lost big time a year ago and i've been too paranoid to sign up to it...

sorry to be awkward...

Guest dazza12
Paypal is the easiest and safest method.  In this case there is almost no chance of any problems.  Personally i've bee using paypal for years with no issues :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unless of course Paypal have suspended your account for no apparent reason, and don't respond to emails asking why! Not only has this happened to me, it's happened to many others - see Google.

I hope NoChex will also be offered as an option?

BTW, I'm coming from the South West, possibly coming in via Paddington. Anyone know the best time to arrive to catch the tube to Piccadilly (assuming the tube is running that day). There don't seem to be any websites about to book the entire journey - most are geared up for just the national rail network.

Guest RazorD
Unless of course Paypal have suspended your account for no apparent reason, and don't respond to emails asking why! Not only has this happened to me, it's happened to many others - see Google.

I hope NoChex will also be offered as an option?

BTW, I'm coming from the South West, possibly coming in via Paddington. Anyone know the best time to arrive to catch the tube to Piccadilly (assuming the tube is running that day). There don't seem to be any websites about to book the entire journey - most are geared up for just the national rail network.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll be coming into paddington too... The tube runs every 3-5 minutes at that kinda time of day, get the Bakerloo line (one of the only lines i believe hasnt been affected, but i may be wrong) south to Piccadilly circus, then use the map earlier on in this post to get there (you'll end up walking past a boots and burger king).

If it starts at 12, then ill get the 10:30 train from swindon, arriving at 11:30 - 15 minute tube journey to Piccadilly Circus, then a 10 min max. walk to Microsoft's Building :)

Btw, tfl.gov.uk is your best friend :D Its journey planner is amazing, especially as we're all windows mobile folk - its worth saving it as a favourite :lol:

Another REALLY handy thing to take a look at is: http://map.tfl.gov.uk/realtime.asp?area=central - It shows the parts of the tube which is closed, live. So check that just before you go, and you should be ok :D

Edited by RazorD

Guest jamesachoney

I am trying to register, but I keep getting told that I am not logged in - yet I clearly am!

Any help - or just add me:

James Honey

No current mobile

non developer

Thanks

Guest shadamehr

Hi Guys...

Just a quick note...

I no longer use a SmartPhone (Windows one that is) just now.

But as a long time ex user, if I pinch back my son's C500 I gave him, for the day, and maybe bring our lass down for the social side of things, will you welcome me back to the fold for the day?

Especially as the new Motorola 'Q' HAS TO BE my Nokia 6680 replacement come next year!

Mmmm?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

shadamehr: that should be fine.

To everyone worried about Paypal: you don't need to be signed up to make payments, and i remove money from my paypal account as soon as its in there, so theres little chance of paypal taking anything :)

Im not a Windows Mobile user currently, maybe I could have a Cameo appearance as an Orange expert?

[edit]just remembered my iMate Jam! :)[/edit]

Edited by amo

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Don't forget people, the only criteria for registering is that you're a MoDaCo member. We'd hope that if you aren't currently a WM user, turning up and participating would make you reconsider... :)