Eclipse fullscreen for the C550

Guest muff

[EDIT] got here how http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=225274[/EDIT]

ok, as promised, here is a quick hacked exe that means the C550 plays Eclipse in fullscreen mode

it's not really an official port per se, more to allow those that have upgraded to still play

as a bonus I've upgrade the visual effects on explosions and player's shots tho :)

have fun

muff

p.s. I did look into better image quality scaling code but the phone just can't crank through that and the game code quick enough ;)

Edited by muff

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi Muff, excellent work but one problem.

As you approach the end of level one if just bombs out, you hear the voice saying a large object or power source is approaching then the start menu appears over a black background :?:

Hi Muff, excellent work but one problem.

As you approach the end of level one if just bombs out, you hear the voice saying a large object or power source is approaching then the start menu appears over a black background :?:

erm, not sure on that one - looks like it's going to have to wait til I get my hands on an actual phone :)

so hopefully in the next week or so I'll get a chance to fix this up properly

Full installation instructions please ?  :)

erm, the exe from the zip goes into the Eclipse folder on the phone where you installed it - not really much to it ;)

but bearing in mind the report above people might want to hold off until I get a chance to see this on a phone myself

Guest awarner [MVP]

It looks as if it's having a memory\refresh problem, as before it bombs out a couple of times it looks as if it's trying to do some work in the background with the battery and reception icons flashing on screen.

Changed to aeroplane mode and had a few more seconds play before still bombing out.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Ok played a bit more with key presses etc and found that the game does not bomb out at the end of the level until you press the fire button, as soon as you do the problem happens.

Auto fire does not make a difference so it looks like it may be a graphical\memory overload problem?

Hopefully this helps.

thanks for that m8

could someone please try playing the old exe to the end of the first level for me?

I'm keen to find out if it's something related to the new compile, or something in the code as a whole

after all, the only new code that was added was the scaling and explosion code - both of which are minor alterations and work fine on other devices

it should certainly not be memory as all the gfx + memory for shots , enemies and exposions is setup before you play the level - it's not like it's loading anything new at the end

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Thanks Muff, you know something.

First of all I have only ever got past level one once :oops: so I cant say for certain what happens on the original Eclipse when it gets to the end of the level.

But I have noticed quite a few 'ghosted' icons while playing the original Eclipse on C550 but this does not happen on any other games (either ones that run 75% or full screen) so there is a possibility that there may be either a bug on the C550 or something in the Eclipse code that the C550 does not like, don't forget Eclipse has been out a while and the C550 is 2003SE.

Just a thought.

Thanks Muff, you know something.

First of all I have only ever got past level one once :oops: so I cant say for certain what happens on the original Eclipse when it gets to the end of the level.

But I have noticed quite a few 'ghosted' icons while playing the original Eclipse on C550 but this does not happen on any other games (either ones that run 75% or full screen) so there is a possibility that there may be either a bug on the C550 or something in the Eclipse code that the C550 does not like, don't forget Eclipse has been out a while and the C550 is 2003SE.

Just a thought.

the code should be 100% forward compatible - or more accurately the OS should be backward compatible - there is nothing that is coded for any specific OS

at the moment I'm at something of a disadvantage, having never tried the code on the actual phone myself - I've only tested it in the emulator, where it works fine

just as soon as I can get to play with a C550 for an hour I can nail any bugs that you guys are seeing

please bear with me until that happens

Guest peekie

if your at the meet muff you can play with my c550 if it will help you to get the game going :) i have both versions installed postage stamp and the version you made for the c550 screen ;)