How To De-cert Nextel I930?

Guest kolyan2k

Guest dmiddltn
One sec all... I didn't realize there was another revision of the decert patch.

Let me try the process again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope... still no good.

The difference is that this time I was able to access the server settings, and mobile sync settings. It may have been trying to activesync with the desktop when it said connected before.

Regardless, when I loaded decert2_2005-11-22.pbf, and the secoff.cab - You hit the sync button, nothing happens.

Edited by dmiddltn

Guest ctitanic
Nope... still no good.

The difference is that this time I was able to access the server settings, and mobile sync settings. It may have been trying to activesync with the desktop when it said connected before.

Regardless, when I loaded decert2_2005-11-22.pbf, and the secoff.cab - You hit the sync button, nothing happens.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could you install this cab file and check again?

SECOFFMPX220.CAB

Guest bklynjava

Anyone think to explore the device Lock ?(GSM) Ive Notice in HKCR >DeviceLock and the corresponding CLSID {92A60106-B88E-4eb1-9A91-5AF363D04D13}

In HKCR>CLSID>{92A60106-B88E-4eb1-9A91-5AF363D04D13} The corresponding dll syscsps.dll.

Now in Hex workshop on a search for the CLSID {92A60106-B88E-4eb1-9A91-5AF363D04D13} It shows the following after the id ... ....... I used the CLSID for the DeviceInformation which is ........... and the result was the De-cert would not work I re-evaluated it seeing the Original 00 0000 2000 0100 0000 0E00 and I changed my values to match the Deviceinformation values

00 0000 0E00 0100 0000 0500 Now everything works as far as Decert But I still get the Enter special code.

I don't think any of this above is any good but Im exploring it- hehe

maybe a new set of eyes would help.

Ive also Noticed in the Registry HKLM>SOFTWARE>HTC>APP>SLock with a value of 0 I will see what I get with this and let you know.

I have also started a app which I will try to incorporate into the source whats needed to de-cert and Unlock the GSM.

I have rapiconfig'd - Capwizsp - spdps etc etc

I have Built Numerous cabs from my VS projects in this attempt some show promise.

Im pretty sure the source and dll's can be written to bypass/trick the phone itself and install in a Locked i930 via the correct source code =).

If the app is installed on the phone and then run - the Phone will seek a cert If the app picks up the request and feeds back something the Phone wants it will then Run. =)

Any input on this will be good especially If we can explore the GSM lock - etc etc.

Here are some of the Lock strings found in hex workshop -->

Just do a string search without the periods..

D.e.v.i.c.e.L.o.c.k

D.e.v.i.c.e.L.o.c.k.A.p.p

D.e.f.a.u.l.t...G.P.S.L.o.c.k

S.L.o.c.k

I do realize this may all be in vain for the Sim Unlock.

But check it ya never know... :)

Guest bklynjava

Here's a Little merger I havn't tried it yet.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

/>

/>

/>

/>

<!--  Certificate Authority Roots  --> 

<!-- Verisign -->

<!-- Baltimore -->

<!--

=============================================================

Security policies

-->

<!-- 101B    1-tier device  -->

<!-- Grant Manager Role to USERAUTH and CARRIERTPS -->

<!--

Applications

-->

<!-- 1005 Allow unsigned CABs to install with UserAUTH permissions -->

<!--  1006 Allow unsigned apps to run -->

<!-- 101a  Disable user prompts -->

<!--

Configuration access

-->

<!-- AutoRun Policy: 0 -->

<!-- 1018  Grant User Authenticated Policy -->

<!-- 1007  Allow unsigned themes to install with UserUNAUTH permissions -->

<!--

Remote access

-->

<!-- 1001 - RAPI mode : Allowed -->

<!-- OTHER KEYS  -->

<!--  1008 - -->

<!--  1009 - -->

<!--  100B - -->

<!--  100C - -->

<!--  100D - -->

<!--  100E - -->

<!--  100F - -->

<!--  101b - -->

<!--  1013 - -->

<!--  1017 - -->

<!--  1019 - -->

Guest dmiddltn
Could you install this cab file and check again?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same issue - loaded Decert2_2005-11-22, and this cab... all installed flawlessly, but you hit the sync button, after setting up the server info, etc. and nothing happens.

Edited by dmiddltn

Guest dmiddltn
Same issue - loaded Decert2_2005-11-22, and this cab... all installed flawlessly, but you hit the sync button, after setting up the server info, etc. and nothing happens.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was reading up a little more... some suggested loading the decert up to 3 times - attempted that as well - No go.

Guest ctitanic
I was reading up a little more... some suggested loading the decert up to 3 times - attempted that as well - No go.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think that there is a problem with what we have done because some people can sync and other can't. I believe that is a difference with the way exchange is configured.

Guest dmiddltn
But just to be sure. Can you compare your keys after the cab installation with my keys (I posted them a few posts ago).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would be more than happy to.. but when I fire up the hex editor... all I get are those dots - therefore I don't know the value.

How do I find out?

Guest ctitanic
I would be more than happy to.. but when I fire up the hex editor... all I get are those dots - therefore I don't know the value.

How do I find out?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

look for a program called resco file explorer, installed, it comes with a registry editor. That will allow you to check those keys and be sure that they have the right value.

Guest dmiddltn

Thanks for all the help ctitanic. I'll look for it. :)

Now I think I can help the community with our work/don't work Exchange sync issues.

I've been having issues where the Exchange Sync was broken (sync button would do nothing) - I loaded the decert2 patch, and even the secoff.cab - no luck.

I was actually just able to get it to work... here's the missing link.

1. Do a hard reset first (hold left soft key + OK button while powering on)

2. Load the decert patch

3. Setup Exchange Sync

4. Enjoy!

I was simply restoring the new versions of the patch over the other ones - therefore I'm guessing that the settings don't get entirely changed.

Edited by dmiddltn

Guest ctitanic
Thanks for all the help ctitanic. I'll look for it.  :)

Now I think I can help the community with our work/don't work Exchange sync issues.

I've been having issues where the Exchange Sync was broken (sync button would do nothing) - I loaded the decert2 patch, and even the secoff.cab - no luck.

I was actually just able to get it to work... here's the missing link.

1. Do a hard reset first (hold left soft key + OK button while powering on)

2. Load the decert patch

3. Setup Exchange Sync

4. Enjoy!

I was simply restoring the new versions of the patch over the other ones - therefore I'm guessing that the settings don't get entirely changed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, that's a mistake. The best way to unlock the phone is to do a hard reset, restore the patch and them sync and reinstall all applications. This procedure I recommend to be included in all the guides around this unlock procedure. That will save time to many and will cut down the numbers of questions and problems :D

Guest dmiddltn
Well, that's a mistake.  The best way to unlock the phone is to do a hard reset, restore the patch and them sync and reinstall all applications. This procedure I recommend to be included in all the guides around this unlock procedure. That will save time to many and will cut down the numbers of questions and problems :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well... I'm left-handed. Leave it up to me to find a different way. hahaha

I just hope this will help others.

Thanks for all the help ctitanic!

Guest Raven_Dark
Well... I'm left-handed. Leave it up to me to find a different way. hahaha

I just hope this will help others.

Thanks for all the help ctitanic!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey guys, I did a hard format, then ran decert 11-22 version and tried to sync through exch and it didn't work. At first I thought the sync settings were wrong, so I performed another hard reset and synched again without the decert hack and it worked fine, but I really want to unlock this phone! Am I doing anything wrong?

Guest dmiddltn
Hey guys, I did a hard format, then ran decert 11-22 version and tried to sync through exch and it didn't work.  At first I thought the sync settings were wrong, so I performed another hard reset and synched again without the decert hack and it worked fine, but I really want to unlock this phone!  Am I doing anything wrong?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll do my best to help you out...

-First of all make 100% sure that you are using: Decert2_2005-11-22.pbf

-Start out with the freshly hard reset phone (left soft button and OK when powering on)

-Restore the patch

-Power cycle - On/Off

-Confirm that the decert worked

-Set up Exchange sync - also remember to go in and tell it yo sync your cal, contacts, inbox, etc. - that's any wasy step to miss.

Give that a shot - and let me know.

Guest Raven_Dark
I'll do my best to help you out...

-First of all make 100% sure that you are using: Decert2_2005-11-22.pbf

-Start out with the freshly hard reset phone (left soft button and OK when powering on)

-Restore the patch

-Power cycle - On/Off

-Confirm that the decert worked

-Set up Exchange sync - also remember to go in and tell it yo sync your cal, contacts, inbox, etc. - that's any wasy step to miss.

Give that a shot - and let me know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did. What happens is to me, (perhaps these symptons might give you a clue to what may be happening to me) is that after decert works, the "sync inbox with a server" box cannot be selected in server settings. I can get my Calendar to sync over the server fine, but not the inbox. Now, if I set up a partnership with my laptop, I can change the "sync inbox with a server" box from my laptop, but after that I only get error code "0x80004005" Any ideas?

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Guest ctitanic
I did.  What happens is to me, (perhaps these symptons might give you a clue to what may be happening to me)  is that after decert works, the "sync inbox with a server" box cannot be selected in server settings.  I can get my Calendar to sync over the server fine, but not the inbox.  Now, if I set up a partnership with my laptop, I can change the "sync inbox with a server" box from my laptop, but after that I only get error code "0x80004005"  Any ideas? 

Thanks for your help in advance!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, the solution for that error if you are syncing with Outlook is to open it in your PC, go to help, and there is an option to repair. Usually that fix the problem. But... You are getting that error when you are syncing with exchange that's the part I do not know what to do with.

What is confusing me is that some users can and other can't. Why is that? May be the easier solution could be to compare two phones registry after they have been hard reseted, uncertified and synced once with exchange. We will need to compare the settings in Exchange too. So as you can see it's not an easy task.

Guest Raven_Dark
Another point could be the use of SSL by exchange...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know I got it! I have no idea what I did really. I was just formatting and formatting when I finally got it to sync after the decert file was run.

:)

I love the phone now!

Thank you SO much for this forum, I would have thrown this phone away if it wasn't for you guys!

Guest ctitanic

That's what I'm saying, I believe that it's something to do may be with the way that the backup is restore or something because it can't be that for some the settings that we have work and for other no.

Guest bklynjava

I'm using these changes and everything is good as far as de-cert and activesync.

I'm working on a few other changes as well. =)

00001001  1

00001005  127

00001006  1

00001007  64

00001008  1

00001009  3

0000100b  3204

0000100c  3027

0000100d  3840

0000100e  64

0000100f  3972

00001011  1

00001013  1

00001017  -1

00001018  -1

00001019  196

0000101a  1

0000101b  1

00001021  3072

Edited by bklynjava

Guest dmiddltn

I have no clue as well... all the times I restored and restored.

My only thought is that people aren't hard resetting, then loading the decert without doing anything else. Maybe they are trying to setup exchange sync first.

Something else to kick around now that we have reg access... any ideas on how to set the external screen light so that it dosen't stay on when it's charging?

• 2 weeks later...