O2 XDA Mini S

Guest jon_hooper

Just ordered mine from o2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100 xnet mins 500 text £25 a month 12 month contract £99.99 for phone

total 399.99

but 3-5 days for delivery :)

Guest Pondrew
Its on the website now! just ordered its listed under XDA MINI photo is of the mini s though, £99 for the phone £19.99p.m. contract.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And again I wonder why on earth O2 didn't run with the HTC Magician as the XDA Mini over here?!? Really hope they've not branded the HTC Wizard the XDA Mini in the UK while it's the XDA Mini S elsewhere. That's just not on! :evil: :shock:

And again I wonder why on earth O2 didn't run with the HTC Magician as the XDA Mini over here?!? Really hope they've not branded the HTC Wizard the XDA Mini in the UK while it's the XDA Mini S elsewhere. That's just not on!  :evil:  :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Mini S is the Wizard in the UK. The reasons the Mini wasn't released in the UK are long and complicated and unfortunately not for public.

Mines arrived!!!

In the box is:

1 x o2 xda mini s

1 x case

2 x stylus

1 x charger

1 x USB cable

1 x ear phones

no mini SD card

and thats it except a few bits of software

It works okay abit slugish at times finally sorted my wifi out it quite different from my c500

Got mine, wi-fi woking great on 802.11G network.

see attached  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So those of you who now possess an XDA Mini S will doubtless know the answer to these two essential questions :-

(1) Do the specs in the XDA Mini S user manual state that the phone supports EDGE technology ?

(2) Have you been able to access the 'net" using the EDGE facility on O2 GPRS at 236.8 kbps ?

If the answer to either of these is NO, then it is pointless buying this particular version of the HTC Wizard or using the O2 network.

So those of you who now possess an XDA Mini S will doubtless know the answer to these two essential questions :-

(1) Do the specs in the XDA Mini S user manual state that the phone supports EDGE technology ?

(2)  Have you been able to access the 'net" using the EDGE facility on O2 GPRS at 236.8 kbps ?

If the answer to either of these is NO, then it is pointless buying this particular version of the HTC Wizard or using the O2 network.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I spoke at length today with O2. 0800 977 7337

After much waiting, I was told that O2 does not support EDGE technology,

that's something to do with 3G
was their informed comment.

I subsequently spoke with Paul at buymobilephones.net who confirmed that their spec of the O2 XDA Mini S indicates that it is not EDGE enabled but he would investigate & come back to me tomorrow.

T Mobile (0845 412 5000) have said that they definitely do support EDGE technology & the Vario is EDGE enabled (although it appears they may well have registry disabled some of the Wi Fi connectivity - see other threads).