Dutch

English (UK)

English (US)

Slovak

Hungarian

RUS - russian?

-----------------

?????????????

Someone who has NRE please correct me if i'm wrong!

Edited by kam_

Guest Paul [MVP]
Differences I have noticed so far in this ROM (will be added if I spot any in future):

1 - UK English in most places (obviously)

2 - Text Messaging is now called SMS in the Messaging folders - it was a key reason why none of the right key registry and messaging inbox tweaks on this site would work for me so I will re-try these sometime, now that it is again called "SMS"

3 - I could be wrong but there seems to be an ADDITIONAL (?) item in Power Management relating to screen time out, as opposed to Backlight timeout.  Or was this always here - I don't seem to remember it.

I'll add more as they come to me.

You could change SMS back to 'Text Messaging' with a simple registry tweak of the 'FriendlyName' value in (if I remember rightly) HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\SMS - but I prefer SMS, and always set it that way on my phones anyway.

My accounts are named (via Tweak if required):

SMS

Exchange

MMS

Job's a good'un ;)

P

Guest shadamehr

EDIT2:

6 - (Obvious, but not easy spotted this one) As the language has now changed, Homescreen NAMES can be wrong, on any Custom Homescreen xhtml files you have done.

I noticed this when I found three entries in my Homescreen Setting, all with the same name.

The reason, after a bit investigation, was because they were custom xhtml files I had done, with White Font, another with Black Fonts, and a third with Yellow Fonts.

But they were set up when I was using US English, so the Homescreen Title I hade changed for each related to the language code

For UK English, you need to change Homescreen titles under language code

One to make minor note of for the future guys.

Edited by shadamehr

Guest gilesjuk
;) mine has the uk english allready installed  :D one less thing to do

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be totally clear are we talking Langauge or Locale?

I don't have UK english in the Language, but do in the Locale.

Guest cherylmeek
I had exactly the same problem with one of my SP3i. They did eventually respond to my e-mail (3 weeks) and allow me to register the device as mine but with no explanation.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I managed to pick up a i-mate SP5 on Friday and when registering it said it was pre-owned. As it was a demo model (With screeen protector still intact) and the CD had been opened I guessed it may have been registered. So maybe not? I emailed them today and got a response, he has gone off to investigate. I will post when I have more info....

Cheryl

Guest Cybertronic
Yes, I managed to pick up a i-mate SP5 on Friday and when registering it said it was pre-owned.  As it was a demo model (With screeen protector still intact) and the CD had been opened I guessed it may have been registered.  So maybe not?  I emailed them today and got a response, he has gone off to investigate.  I will post when I have more info....

Cheryl

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which email did you email to? ;)

;) mine has the uk english allready installed  :D one less thing to do

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's because your in NL and you bought the nordic version. My swedish friends have the same.

Guest Newchurch

Hi Paul,

is the new MSFP (Messaging and Security Feature Pack) part of the ROM ?

A colleague has a new Qtek 8310 with the MSFP as part of the ROM (?), my five weeks older iMate SP5 hasn`t the MSFP installed.

Greetings from Germany,

Peter

Guest roma0803

Starting january (at earliest) MSFP might be available through ROM updates by manufacturers. So it is very unlikely it is part of a ROM at this point in time.

Guest Newchurch
Starting january (at earliest) MSFP might be available through ROM updates by manufacturers. So it is very unlikely it is part of a ROM at this point in time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I´m sure his QTEK 8310 has the server sync option "as items arrive" for push email.

You can see this feature and the configuration of your exchange server in this blogcast.

This option doesn´t appear on my SP5 :cry:

Greetings, Peter

Guest cherylmeek
Which email did you email to? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When it said my device was "pre-owned" there was a link on the page to follow if you thought your device was not pre-owned. It's been 5 days not and 2 chaser emails and no further contact from them, I guess it's gonna be a long wait! Incidentally the email address was [email protected]

Guest shadamehr
You can see this feature and the configuration of your exchange server in this blogcast.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only if you speak German.

Like Paul says, and I mentioned earlier - it's not out. So all we can suspect is that you mean SMS Push.

Unless you mean the article is talking about it - sure it is... but that doesn't mean it is out yet. But not speaking German myself, I can't comment therefore.

Edited by shadamehr

Guest harrysaab

I DONT HAVE MMS NETWORK IN MY SP5 WITH ORIGINAL ROM FROM IMATE...

IF I INSTALL THIS ENGLISH ROM, WILL I GET MMS OPTION WHEN IM SETTING UP MMS NETWORK.

FOR EXAMPLE WHEN I GOTO ADD CONNECTIONS > CONNECTS TO> I GET SECURE WAP NETWORK, WAP NETWORK, WORK, THE INTERNET,

I DONT GET MMS NETWORK.

ANY IDEAS? OR SHOULD I TRY TO INSTALL ENGLISH ROM AND SEE IF IT COMES UP THEN?

The update posted here:

ftp://ftp.clubimate.com/i-mate_SP5_NRE_1.5.333.0.exe

will give you UK English on your SP5 :)

No obvious other differences, and remember installing will completely 'clean' your device back to the default state.

Just giving it the once over now, watch this space!

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest roma0803

STOP Shouting!!

Standard the ROM has no MMS or GPRS settings installed. You can get them from your provider or find them as additional cab download at the i-mate site. Just find those with the name of your provider and install.

Guest Newchurch
So all we can suspect is that you mean SMS Push

No, I mean GPRS push.

Here´s a screenshot of the Qtek 8310's exchange server configuration.

The push option "Bei Elementeingang" means "As items arrive" in english. This option appears only if the MSFP is installed on the device.

qtek_8310_exchange.jpg

Greetings, Peter

Guest harrysaab

sorry i was not shouting, keyboard went funny

i have c500 and i was copying across the settings to sp5, but the mms network is not in sp5, so i can't send/receive mms messages..

if i install the english rom, will i get mms network (option) within the connections?

STOP Shouting!!

Standard the ROM has no MMS or GPRS settings installed. You can get them from your provider or find them as additional cab download at the i-mate site. Just find those with the name of your provider and install.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest shadamehr

NO.

The settings are not in the ROM.

They are in downloadable .cab installer files on the i-mate website.

But bear in mind that there is a minor issue with the O2 UK Contract settings - so if that is what you are using let me know and I will tell you how to fix.

• 1 month later...
Those programs are available as a seperate software package to download at the site. The i-mate homescreen and layout are in there as well and same goes for the tool that changes the grid view.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where exactly...?

Under Club Support-> Updates/Dowloads, I see:

• ActiveSync 4.1

then under 'Device Support' for SP5, I see:

• Read the FAQ

• Known Issues

• View Product Details

• Utilities

• Operating System Upgrade and Device Customisations

...and its not in any of those.

Under Members -> Free Dowloads, I just see games. :??: