Changing the C600's side-button function

Guest liquideagle

I was able to get my contacts button changed as well. I haven't been able to get the long press to work on the contact nor on the email button.

Anyone get this working on the SP5?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I want to clear this up for all you imate SP5 people that keep saying to decert your phone.

DECERTING HAS NO EFFECT ON THE CINGULAR 2125 OR THE C600.

Another method has to be found.

I apologize I got it to work. Copied the .lnk i wanted to storage card renamed it saved it back to windows directory. viola. Make sure you back up your other Short_POC.lnk

Edited by bjde0b

Guest stargate

My phone is unlocked and decertefied and I still can't change the lnk files. However, do you guys know how to assign a program to the headset button? Something like short_hsbutton perhaps? :)

I wanted to add a couple notes. This is pertaining to my cingular 2125..assumed to be the same for the C600

Long_POC.lnk ...this can be a link but what it does is makes to commands happen when selected this opens both the program I set to it and also Voice Notes

Long_Home.lnk ....this wasnt mentioned that I could find but you can use it. Mine was to IE now it is to WMP

• 2 months later...
Guest Doru

My phone is c600 from orange romania. I still don't manage to change the function of the side button. Can someone explain step by step how to do this. My phone is decertified and unlocked

Guest Doru
dude, don't know where u bought that phone from...cuz' mine was bought roughly a month ago (c600 - Romania) and the above default links u mention do not agree with mine...

can't find anywhere Long_AP2 or Long_AP1, Short_AP2 or Short_AP1, wish i did to tackle the contacts useless button also...

Long_CAMERA and Short_CAMERA, i have the same...remaped them to short camera, long videocamera ;)

Short_POC - this is the button above the volume keys corect ? on the left...normally it's supposed to be mapped to pocket IExplorer (mine was so)...i remapped it to smartExplorer :P What i did have for the conn manager was the long push of the home button (left to joystick), it's shortcut was Long_Home.lnk - currently remaped it to TaskManager ;)

U mention LONG_POC.lnk - i personally did have it and it was pointing to Pocket IExplorer just as Short_Poc.lnk, but this one does nothing for me as it was the first i modified and it did nothing - my LONG_POC .lnk is currently remaped to Papyrus...but has no functionality apparenlty.

SO go ahead and modify them if u app unlocked your phone, you can always change back...or create a new link...just remember the correct name of the link ;)

seems to have the same phone as me. Can you explain me how to. Thanks

• 8 months later...
Guest nevawlkalone
Thanks m8. If it was that easy, why would they call it WINDOWS Mobile :)

Sometimes I wonder why things with MS have to be so complicated but I guess there may be a reason behind it beyond my comprehension.

Thanks again for the short cut.

• 4 months later...
Guest oz666

The simple way to change those links is to go to your exe that want to start using file explorer from windows mobile and do this:

menu->file->create shortcut and you place it in windows folder. After that you go in windows folder and rename the shortcut in Short_pop/ Long_pop or what evere button you want to use. I did this and replaced internet explorer with opera.