How do you remove the battery?

Guest gilesjuk

Guest gilesjuk

Grrrr, just got my A701, didn't get the SIM card in right and went to remove the battery but there's no clear way of removing it, no mention in the manual.

I don't want to break anything.

How does it come out?

Guest gilesjuk

C'mon people, this is driving me mad, I've already damaged my battery slightly now (plastic bit at the bottom), put small marks on the case and got biro ink on the battery.

This is the most stupid battery retaining design I've seen and there's absolutely no info anywhere on the web.

Edited by gilesjuk

Guest bill1967t
C'mon people, this is driving me mad, I've already damaged my battery slightly now (plastic bit at the bottom), put small marks on the case and got biro ink on the battery.

This is the most stupid battery retaining design I've seen and there's absolutely no info anywhere on the web.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The battery is easy to remove on my A701, just slide the back case downwards to remove it then, at the bottom of the unit/battery is a lip on the battery. This is above a white piece of plastic with reddish crosses on it. Just put your fingernail or similar under the lip on the battery and lift up.

Hope this helps

Bill ;)

Edited by bill1967t

Guest Nadavi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you remove the Platic backcover.

you can see on the bottom Left corner a Small Square with red "+" on white backround, you can remove the battery throgh there, just pull it out.

and you can put the SIM Card in the correct slot (upper right side) under the battery)

if you want i will put pics.

Nadavi. :?:

Guest gilesjuk
When you remove the Platic backcover.

you can see on the bottom Left corner a Small Square with  red "+" on white backround, you can remove the battery throgh there, just pull it out.

and you can put the SIM Card in the correct slot (upper right side) under the battery)

if you want i will put pics.

Nadavi. :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I though and tried it there, but the black lug on the battery has slid inside the battery wrapping and the battery didn't come out. Oh well, I guess I will have to get a precision screwdriver under it later when I get home.

There's simply no reason for a battery to be in that tight, it's a really bad design.

Guest gilesjuk

Well I've worked it out now and I take it all back.

What happened is I didn't get the SIM card in right, so it was underneath the battery, when I inserted the battery it helped wedge in the battery tightly, hence my struggle at getting it out.

Sorry Mitac, the design isn't bad ;)

I don't like the SIM card holder tho.

• 4 years later...