MDA Vario II on T-Mobile UK - it's official!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Snoopstah

150 quid on Relax 20 tariff + WnW (non-pro).

More expensive than O by the sound of it, but I don't use many minutes, and it's definitely worth it for the unlimited (ok, 2GB) data, in my opinion.

Other costs I checked were Relax 25, which was 140 quid, and Flext 20, which was 90 quid.

Edit: Last price seems to contradict sparky's post above... I don't think I heard incorrectly, but treat it with a pinch of salt.

Edited by Snoopstah

Guest markthebaggie

I'm a business user and just got a call back from one of T's sales reps I'd spoken to this morning to check on availability. Said he'd call me when they were in - expected the next few days - and did exactly what he said he'd do at about 4pm today.

Got an 18 month Flext 30 contract with WnW pro, and phone at

Guest sameerabedi
It IS now in stock to new personal customers.

I bought one about 20 mins ago. At the start of the call there were 90 units available. 10 minutes later, there were 73!

What number are u dialling???

Guest rickwookie
I'm a business user and just got a call back from one of T's sales reps I'd spoken to this morning to check on availability. Said he'd call me when they were in - expected the next few days - and did exactly what he said he'd do at about 4pm today.

Got an 18 month Flext 30 contract with WnW pro, and phone at

Guest rickwookie
So what percentage of the first batch of Vario 2's will be going to Modaco members? 80, 90 ?

he he. If the first batch really is only 100 units as I was told then I think we have most of them accounted for already!

How can we set up some kind of poll/count to find out? :D

Guest jimbouk

Would be a good way for Paul and his team to prove the forum is potentially an important channel for T to a) communicate their news and launch new devices and :D get feedback from theirs and other networks data hungry customers

(PS if you use this idea Paul, then any spare freebie device from T gratefully received here)

Edited by jimbouk

Guest Twisticles

Huh, just called, no stock they tell me!

And that they can't call back when stock is in, just that I have to call and try every day!

Bah...

Guest Syphon Filter

Out of interest...

Are the prices people are quoting on 12 or 18 month contracts? I can see a couple of people have said 18 but what about the rest of you?

Guest Snoopstah

As I understand it, any Flext tariff is 18 months, any Relax tariff is 12 months. Most people seem to have specified Flext or Relax when quoting prices.

Guest WILBUR
Out of interest...

Are the prices people are quoting on 12 or 18 month contracts? I can see a couple of people have said 18 but what about the rest of you?

These are the handset prices they just quoted me on T-Mobile telesales - I went for 12m in the end as this time next year i'll be kicking myself if i can't get a new handset

18 month,

Flext 25+WnW Pro - 79.99

Flext 30+WnW Pro - 59.99

Flext 35+WnW Pro - 39.99

12 month

Relax 25+WnW Pro - 139.99

Relax 30+WnW pro -

Guest Fleabag

No sooner had I posted that they were available for upgrades, they went to new connections. I ordered 2! And there were only 60 units available.

Guest Tommy Squeaker

First time posterm new to all this pda malarkey,lol.

I rang T Mobile at 8.30am today, told will we be beginning of September :D

Checked here for anymore news on it and saw they now had them in stock, so i've upgraded, main reason for pda is for xbox anywhere :D but now ill hopefully be able to make the very best of the vario 2.

My deal is

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.