N70 Gallery Issue

Guest jackass

Guest jackass

I currently have an Nokia N70 software version 3.0546.2.3 any if you scroll through the gallery to a video then decide to play it it does absolutely nothing !! very flustrating as you then have to run Realplayer manually and play the video from there :)

Has anyone else come across this fault as yet?

Tim

Guest sporkguy

Paul: Only by cable I believe.

and I also discovered the gallery issue on the shop phone last week when I bluetoothed across an MP4 from my N90 and it didnt play it, instead it displayed the first frame from the video as an image file!

crazy. Hopefully it'll get fixed in the latest firmware release.

Guest hydrashok

My N70 is running on firmware V2.0536.0.2, 12-09-05, RM-84. I'd bought it the week it came out here in India.

My N70 doesn't have any problems with video playback from the gallery. You get to see the first frame of the video in the gallery (the video's icon, so to speak). Pressing on the video with the "accept" on the D-pad starts realplayer, and the video starts playing. The "2" keyboard shortcut to play videos in lanscape doesn't always work, tho.

I didn't know they had released a new firmware for the N70. Nice to catch something new here, right from my first visit!

And Paul, this phne is really a good phone. I haven't had any problem with it since I bought it. It is somewhat slower than my old N6630 (and I regretted switching from it to the N70 for the first week), but otherwise the N70is quite a good phone. Best form factor of Nokia's Series 60 offerings. You might consider the N6630 for your f-i-law if he is'nt too particular about sending his face while video conferencing and doesn't mind a (slightly) lesser quality cam. I still think the 6630 is way more value than the N70. I shuda waited for the N80 :-(

Just my two cents:-)

------------------------------------

"Monday is the root of all evil!"

Guest sporkguy

I'm with hydrashok on the 6630. It has probably been one of the best handsets I've ever owned.

Even the battery life wasn't too shabby at an average of 2 days life for heavy use.. plus its easy to use, and much faster than the N70 at basic gallery-related tasks.

• 3 months later...
Guest markdotpeters5

Jackass, is your N70 from Orange?

If so it's more than likely their WebTV player that's causing the issue. (it's the default player for media in general on the Orange N70, but it's crap).

There's no way of changing the default player to Real Player afaik, so you'll need to flash it with the generic Nokia firmware. (speak nicely to an independant Nokia service centre, CPW etc won't do it).

You'll get rid of the gash homescreen speed the phone up generally, and make videos work properly The only thing you'll break is the 3g Web TV as you won't have the Orange player anymore.

Hope this is of some help!

cheers

M

Guest mark4130

I have the latest v5 firmware on my N70 and it doesnt have this problem. It was unlocked by Orange, no other way of getting it done. Then I had the latest firmware flashed to it. Finally, its now a really nice phone to use. The gallery works, but it is REALLY slow to use.

Guest mark4130

I have the latest v5 firmware on my N70 and it doesnt have this problem. It was unlocked by Orange, no other way of getting it done. Then I had the latest firmware flashed to it. Finally, its now a really nice phone to use. The gallery works, but it is REALLY slow to use.