6230 on T-Mobile

Guest pd.ryder

Guest pd.ryder

My nephew and I met at a family wedding yesterday. He has an ex-Orange 6230 unlocked onto a T-Mobile SIM. All is well until he tries to access GPRS for wap stuff.

Right I thought, that can't be too difficult, whipped out my C550 and checked the T-Mobile settings posted on this site. I managed to navigate my way around the phone, eventually finding entry points for much of the info posted.

However, it still won't connect to GRPS. I couldn't find anywhere to enter the 'dial-up' number and I reckon this can be the only thing left to do.

Anyone know where it should go?

Hmm, there is no 'dialup' number for GPRS. You should only need the APN, username, password to actually attach to the GPRS network. You may optionally also need the proxy and dns to actually get to the internet.

• 1 month later...
Guest goochy1
Thanks kam_ I'm wondering if this problem could be a SIM card issue - ie GPRS not enabled.

I still can't use this pd.ryder i tried there customer care number cost me ?1 in credit just to find out that there wasn't any people available to take my call - Good or what lol

goochy1

Guest sporkguy

Hello fellow Lichfieldite lol..

Have you tried the settings pinned to the tmobile forum goochy? I managed to get my SIM to work in my unlocked ex-orange 6230 with GPRS thru my Web N Walk connection just last week - so I think it may be just a config problem.

Shame we don't have a Tmob shop in Lich or they'd be able to help you out... or rather, I'D be able to help you out hehe.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest goochy1
Hello fellow Lichfieldite lol..

Have you tried the settings pinned to the tmobile forum goochy? I managed to get my SIM to work in my unlocked ex-orange 6230 with GPRS thru my Web N Walk connection just last week - so I think it may be just a config problem.

Shame we don't have a Tmob shop in Lich or they'd be able to help you out... or rather, I'D be able to help you out hehe.

Hey there,

I know its a right pain there not being a shop. I don't really understand what your saying I should do.

goochy1

• 4 years later...