Orange SPV M700 now in retail

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

It's been a long wait... but the 3G totin' GPS equipped SPV M700 (based on the HTC Trinity) is now in retail!

A number of members have posted over in the Trinity area talking about their units... so if you want one, best give Orange a call or head down to your local Orange show quick-smart! Initial stock is expected to be limited (as usual).

The SPV M700 is available in both Black and White, however we strongly suggest you avoid the Black unit, due to the well documented paint flaking problems.

P

Guest sjalloq

To give you an idea of how limited... I picked up the 6th and last M700 from the Cambridge Orange store on the weekend. They arrived on Wed/Thurs and were all gone by Sat. Unfortunately I didn't ask about an expected delivery date for more stock so your best bet is to call your local store.

Shareef.

Guest ddieter

I've definitely heard that the P3600's have the peeling problem, but can the same be said about the M700s?

I know it is essentially the same unit, I would just have expected that the M700s would have been built more recently, since they were released so much later.

It's wishful thinking, but I'm just hoping they cured this manufacturing flaw in the newer units. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

My big problem is that I'm not a big fan of the white. But I do agree it would look better than a peeling black unit.

I assume Orange will just replace the black units if they start peeling?

Guest The Doctor
We got 4 (all white) all gone!

Im transfering another 4 in from a quieter store.

Had a go with one of these in the Bullring store in Birmingham.

First impressions: Very VERY fast, AKU3.0 with CF2 in ROM and bluetooth explorer etc, white looks very nice actually, keypad is extremely nice to use, lack of keyboard isn't too bad if you put something like tengo or phonepad on it. Full sized stylus! Its a god send after the collapsable one on the vario II. Screen was nice and bright, no miniSD in the box (or none that I could find), battery cover is a bit tricky to get off as well.

As for availability. I was playing with the last one in the shop ;)

Phil

Edited by The Doctor

Guest Orange_Soda

Picked up my M700 last Friday from the Clifton store in Bristol, first impressions were excellent although due to the handset being very new the Orange staff couldn't really answer any detailed questions.

Been playing with it all over the weekend and it seems an excellent peice of kit. The Gps works very well with Tom Tom 6, once set up correctly... and the GPS signal takes a few minutes to intially recieve.

However if anyone can point me in the direction of correctly setting up the Bluetooth so i can recieve incoming files from my other phone, would be useful.

The case also marks very easily (due to a sudden lack of co-ordination and what could be described as butter fingers...) = two small marks on the back cover but due the clear plastic with white under paint the marks look worse than they really are.

Will be interesting to see the finish on the Black unit and also how quickly it comes into UK shops...

Are these Orange M700s WM6 or WM5 devices?

Sorry if this has been mentioned already ;)

WM5

However if anyone can point me in the direction of correctly setting up the Bluetooth so i can recieve incoming files from my other phone, would be useful.

I forget where exactly it is on a pocket pc but I think, Settings / Connections / Beam and tick the check box for "Receive incoming beams". Must be one of the most common questions I hear. Wonder if it will be different in WM6 devices

Guest sjalloq
I installed the new ROM yesterday and tried the GPS : it works well ;)

Any chance of letting the rest of us know which ROM you are referring to and where you got it from? Is it an official Orange release? What version number is it etc?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.