Profiles

Guest Kona Russ

Guest caio1

In my Normal and Headset prof.xml I found these lines:

What does that very long "value" means? In all the other prof.xml files there is just a "v3" or a "p".

Thank you,

Caio

• 3 months later...
Guest TR3dOL TM

Hi Jim80b!

I tried the procedures you've given but it doesn't work for me. When you say trusty dos prompt, is it the dos prompt we used in windows?

Thanks..

Guest jim80b

yes it is,

the steps i would advise are copying the profiles form the phone to c:profiles (using explorer or such)

start dosprompt (goto run, type cmd)

type (follow untill %, #= return)

cdprofiles#

attrib *.* -s -h -r#

%

use notepad to edit the files in the dir now (on windows)

attrib *.* +s +r

copy back to phone

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest smaddock
So how do I copy the files from my phone then?  When I try it says they are protected files (on both PC and Smart-Explorer).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why is it that all info on the net relating to this mod ends with a comment like this, but no one provides a response?!?

I cannot copy the files either due to the files being 'protected'. I have an iMate sp3i using ActiveSync 3.7.1, and it throws this error each time I try to copy the files. I have tried to also copy with SmartExplorer, but it too throws the same error.

Can anybody help with this???

Thanks,

Simon

• 1 month later...
Why is it that all info on the net relating to this mod ends with a comment like this, but no one provides a response?!?

I cannot copy the files either due to the files being 'protected'.  I have an iMate sp3i using ActiveSync 3.7.1, and it throws this error each time I try to copy the files.  I have tried to also copy with SmartExplorer, but it too throws the same error.

Can anybody help with this???

Thanks,

Simon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you probably need to disable the certificate security on your phone. Once you do that it seems to allow you to do a bit more than just run uncertified apps.

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx for more info.

I just got a replacement C500 and had to try and recreate my previous (gapless ringtone) setup. Couldn't copy the profile xml files until I'd removed the certificate.

• 2 months later...

maybe this thread is out of date, but for someone who doesn't want to search more:

This is pretty easy, you only must add following lines into all of your "\\\WinCE Device\Storage\Application Data\Profiles\*.prof.xml" files before their last statement. You must, of course, edit paths and filenames of ringtones in different profiles, these are mine! :)