Kaiser on Orange

Guest porkpie

Guest rickyburke
Any news here - are orange ever getting this phone.

Funny the press release says Orange will be first. The phone is out on Voda UK, and imminent and publicly announced on T-Mobile. Hardly an orange "first".

Come on orange, sort it out.

The press release doesn't actually Orange will be the first to release it.

I'm going from memory here but it says something along the lines of Orange will launch it first in the UK and then in France and Switzerland in early October, basically just saying Orange will release it in different locales at different times.

Edit, heres the quote.

"Orange will first launch the device in the UK, France, Switzerland and the Netherlands, followed by Spain, Poland, Romania and Slovakia in early October"

Edited by rickyburke

Guest m3100tony

I'm going from memory here but it says something along the lines of Orange will launch it first in the UK and then in France and Switzerland in early October, basically just saying Orange will release it in different locales at different times.

Edit, heres the quote.

"Orange will first launch the device in the UK, France, Switzerland and the Netherlands, followed by Spain, Poland, Romania and Slovakia in early October"

Various press sources said:

"Orange will be the first operator to bring the device in UK"

http://news.softpedia.com/news/HTC-TyTN-II...nch-63992.shtml

In any event, it defies belief how senior people in O announce the device, and that information has not been updated to the (often muppetlike) customer services staff.

Guest m3100tony

Edit, heres the quote.

Various press sources said:

"Orange will be the first operator to bring the device in UK"

http://news.softpedia.com/news/HTC-TyTN-II...nch-63992.shtml

In any event, it defies belief how senior people in O announce the device, and that information has not been updated to the (often muppetlike) customer services staff.

Guest zippy172

Well I've just spoken to some fella on disconnections again, he informs me Orange still don't have a "Review date" for the TyTN II, and they have "only just released the HTC Touch", but knows they review several phones at a time but thought it unlikely the TyTN II would make an appearance in the immediate future.

I think I'll leave it a week, then give them another chance to change their mind, failing that, jump ship to T-Mobile and take up a web'n'walk deal, methinks.

If only the operators offered a cash-back alternative to a phone upgrade. £200 cash toward the price of a new HTC Kaiser? Oh one can dream!

Of course, you could take an upgrade and subsequently sell it and your old phone and put the proceeds toward a Kaiser; as has been mentioned elsewhere here.

Surely, and I'm pulling a hypothetical situation out of my arse here, an existing Orange SPV M3100 (around £100) plus a free HTC Touch Upgrade (around £300) would raise enough casheroo (£400?) on ebay to take the sting out of the cost of a Kaiser? Sure it's a very long-winded and slightly risky work-around that means you don't get to keep your old phone (if you wanted to) but if you'd done it when the Kaiser was released you would probably have one by now.

Guest zippy172
http://www.powerupmobile.com/tariffs-2-277.htm

Are you missing a trick here or is it simply pure madness to let your contract expire and renew with a fresh one and a virgin HTC Kaiser from here?

:wub: Looks like I'll be back on the phone in the morning, try and speak to that Mark fella I spoke to last week, see if he can shed any light on how Power Up Mobile are flogging these phones, yet the tellytubby I spoke to earlier figured I must've been speaking in Klingon about this phone! ;)

Guest Stuart_f

Because powerupmobile are selling you a sim free Tytn II and an Ornage contract using the contract subsidy to discount the phone. They are not selling you the Orange branded version of the phone with the Orange customisations. When the CS guy tells you it's "in review" he means their ROM cooking people are adding crapware to the phone and testing it.

Guest zippy172

Bahhh... you absolutely have a point there ;)

Well, I'll still give him a call in a bit, he did seem kinda helpful last week, and suggested I call back when I was in the last two months of my eighteen month contract, which I am now... So, wheel c.

Guest zippy172

Well, the call to O earlier this morning was a fruitlful as all my previous calls... O still claim there is no TyYN II on their review list. So, if T-mob pull their fingers out sooner than O, I wonder how many may jump ship?

Told the fella I spoke to I'd leave it another week... ;)

Because powerupmobile are selling you a sim free Tytn II and an Ornage contract using the contract subsidy to discount the phone. They are not selling you the Orange branded version of the phone with the Orange customisations. When the CS guy tells you it's "in review" he means their ROM cooking people are adding crapware to the phone and testing it.

I have been away from the pocket PC market for a while(I have an Asus PDA with GPS) i am now finding my new job more PDA dependent and am looking for a new unit and think Tytn II might be the solution. I am with Tmobile and have a few months to go before my contract is up for renewal but wanted to change to Orange. I see a lot of people stating how ugly the Tmobile version is? but there does not seem alot in it.

I might just hold out and see if the price drops with expansis and get the best phone and sell this on to replace the cost of my expansis phone ;)

Tell you what...I'm glad to see I'm not the only one getting frustrated with Orange...I had an SPVm3100 that got nicked a couple of weeks ago - so I'm using my old Treo 650 (ah the wonders of palm...if they EVER sort themselves out I would be tempted back...)

...they said I have a free upgrade available - but I have to agree with you guys - no-one knows what's going on...

However - there are some people who DO know what they're talking about - that's the guys in the business centres...the one in London, Cheapside knew exactly what I was on about when I first got the m3100...I'm wondering if I should go there...

I am also very tempted to jump over to t-mobile...

I'm watching this post with interest...and if I hear anything, I'll let you know...

J.

Edited by goateez

Guest rickyburke
Tell you what...I'm glad to see I'm not the only one getting frustrated with Orange...I had an SPVm3100 that got nicked a couple of weeks ago - so I'm using my old Treo 650 (ah the wonders of palm...if they EVER sort themselves out I would be tempted back...)

...they said I have a free upgrade available - but I have to agree with you guys - no-one knows what's going on...

However - there are some people who DO know what they're talking about - that's the guys in the business centres...the one in London, Cheapside knew exactly what I was on about when I first got the m3100...I'm wondering if I should go there...

I'm watching this post with interest...and if I hear anything, I'll let you know...

J.

I am jumping ship next week, Orange have no Data bundles worth the money, apart from the one i have which no-one else can seem to get, and even then its not that great.

I'm going T-Mobile all the way as i need data to use my slingbox.

J.

I've been to the Cheapside store too. They do tend to know what they're on about.

Guest FloatingFatMan

I called Orange last night and spoke to a girl in Retentions. She knew of the Kaiser, which makes a change for these people, but told me that it wasn't on their review list; which would indicate if they ARE getting it, it's a couple of months away.

Got my PAC code instead and pre-ordered a T-Mobile one from Powerup Mobile. Buggered if I'm waiting for Orange to sort themselves out!

Guest rickyburke
I called Orange last night and spoke to a girl in Retentions. She knew of the Kaiser, which makes a change for these people, but told me that it wasn't on their review list; which would indicate if they ARE getting it, it's a couple of months away.

Got my PAC code instead and pre-ordered a T-Mobile one from Powerup Mobile. Buggered if I'm waiting for Orange to sort themselves out!

Slightly off topic here, but with a PAC code, do you wait until your phone arrives, then use the PAC code? Or do you set it up when ordering the phone?

Guest FloatingFatMan
Slightly off topic here, but with a PAC code, do you wait until your phone arrives, then use the PAC code? Or do you set it up when ordering the phone?

Depends on the people you're ordering it from. Powerup Mobile let you supply your PAC code and will do the changeover for you, others don't. I generally prefer to do it myself.

Guest ChrisW72

Been lurking for awhile, but finally might have something worth adding...

Orange Business cold-called me the other day and I now have an appointment with their local rep to come and show me their Kaiser on October 15 and a promise to match T Mobile's WNW. 15 October was the earliest they would come as the Kaiser is due the week before.

Not sure it'll actually happen though. Fingers crossed as T Mobile's coverage here is zilch.

Chris

Guest FloatingFatMan

And yet this girl I spoke to in retentions checked the review list, and said it wasn't on there... Curious... I make it clear I was a business user too...

Guest zippy172

Excellent news, I think :s

Rather timely demo date, 15th Oct is the start day of the last month of my contract ;)

(rather OT, does anyone know if Paul reads his PM's or are we supposed to use the Tip Off/Contact Us linky top left of the forums?)

Edited by zippy172

Guest Sideburnt

that is bonkers, I rang up pretending to be the mobile distributor for my company and they basically said, whats a HTC? the Touch? no? Tytn II? nope....I know nothing.

Im starting to give up. Orange need to be competative surely and wild statements to the press which leak onto the internet aren't helpful, and actually reek of a company with no communication between the ground force and the contract signers.

I'd love to switch to T-Mobile but Im just not sure if they're any good, ~I've been with Orange for an age and they've been sound as a pound with me, but thier list of recent PPC's are pissy. Why spend money on a sub range when there's new releases that customers would snatch up and make them a fortune.

Rant over, Im going to try and speak to the retention team again. but only once more.

Guest ChrisW72

Yeah it does seem strange - I've definitely got a meeting and it's meant to be with Tytn II.

When they originally phoned up I didn't take the call directly and just said I'd only see someone if they had the Tytn II. The guy said he knew they were getting it but that he'd have to look into it and phone back in half an hour, which I thought would be the end of it. But he did and hence the meeting on 15th.

Could be a little lie to get their foot in the door?

Chris