Kaiser on T-Mobile "any day now" and surprising price

Guest chucky.egg

Guest AetherKnight
The fact it says

"Expected September

on: Pay monthly

Business"

Does that mean its only available if your a business customer?

Cheers

Ben

The way I read it was available on Pay monthly OR business (compare with the Nokia 6500 slider).

Maybe I'm just too hopeful ;)

Must.... have.... Vario....

Seriously, posting the wrong picture and making it look like it's business only is really not doing much to help my anticipation levels- I'm going to die of a heart attack waiting before this thing actually comes out!

And my o2 contract expires on the 28th!

just phoned t-mob new business - she said that they had just received an email that the Vario III was in testing and would be in stock end of september or possibly into october depending how the testing went.

re pricing, she offered me the Vario III for £99.99 on a new Flext 35 18 month contract (but for only £30 a month as they are currently doing a £5 off promotion)

re pricing, she offered me the Vario III for £99.99 on a new Flext 35 18 month contract (but for only £30 a month as they are currently doing a £5 off promotion)

This is good news, I'm planning on getting Flext 35 + Web 'n' Walk Plus which works out at £42.50/month I think. Perhaps I can drop the Flext down a notch and save some money without paying a fortune for the Vario III.

Still got my eyes on the prize in the Kaiser competition though!

Another indication of possible pricing is here: http://www.powerupmobile.com/product-2-302.htm

Looks like as a guide(from the above link) :

Flext 20 - £220.

Flext 25 - £210.

Flext 25+WebnWalk - £150.

Flext 35+WebnWalk - £70.

I'm also planning on merging my two separate contracts into one. Currently have Flext 25+WnW for £27.50 and a Laptop Dataplan for £20. I will probably merge them into the Flext 35+WebnWalk MAX package(on 12 months) - which in theory might make the handset lower than £70 as this is a £47.50 package. I've already got a quote for terminating my two existing 18 month two contracts early, total cost about £150. So it is still worth if for me based on the price of buying the sim-free handset for over £450. One thing about 18 month contracts - not much good if you like to change your handset alot! Think it's worth paying the small extra for Flext35(12 month) which us usually only £30 more expensive to get the handset that Flext35(18 month)

Edited by rawly

Another indication of possible pricing is here: http://www.powerupmobile.com/product-2-302.htm

Looks like as a guide(from the above link) :

Flext 20 - £220.

Flext 25 - £210.

Flext 25+WebnWalk - £150.

Flext 35+WebnWalk - £70.

I'm also planning on merging my two separate contracts into one. Currently have Flext 25+WnW for £27.50 and a Laptop Dataplan for £20. I will probably merge them into the Flext 35+WebnWalk MAX package(on 12 months) - which in theory might make the handset lower than £70 as this is a £47.50 package. I've already got a quote for terminating my two existing 18 month two contracts early, total cost about £150. So it is still worth if for me based on the price of buying the sim-free handset for over £450. One thing about 18 month contracts - not much good if you like to change your handset alot! Think it's worth paying the small extra for Flext35(12 month) which us usually only £30 more expensive to get the handset that Flext35(18 month)

Hi everyone, my first post! Been a viewer for time, but first time I've needed to post.

Has anyone had any experience from the company above...as I'm tempted to order from them.

Thanks in advance ;)

I bet the upgrade price is still going to be stupid amounts though!

No, it wont be to bad, just dont do it through the web site. I thought the same as you, I compared the price of an upgrade to Vario II and assumed that the Vario III would be more on top of that, so I rang T-Mo and told them I wanted to leave as I was waiting for the VIII but I didnt think they could offer me a good deal.

the lady said they always offer existing customers good deals, so I pointed out the cost of the VarioII upgrade, despite the fact that on my account it said £280 (or around there) she said she could do it for about £80, which at the time was competitive to a new contract.

Also on another occasion when "enquiring" about the Vario III I was told be the fella at the call centre, that when I do my upgrade, make sure that they give me whatever deal they are offering on new contracts e.g. £5 off your tariff.

So, when the Vario III is eventually released, call T-Mo, tell them you want to leave, you well get put through to Customer Loyalty then make them buy your love!!! :-D

Can the MAC codes that you use to port your number to another network be used to take a number from T-Mobile to a new T-Mobile contract?

I'd like to upgrade to this when it's released but don't want to pay extortionate prices or loose my number... I'd also prefer to not have to deal with the hassle of phoning and complaining and getting through to customer services etc. :/

Can the MAC codes that you use to port your number to another network be used to take a number from T-Mobile to a new T-Mobile contract?

I'd like to upgrade to this when it's released but don't want to pay extortionate prices or loose my number... I'd also prefer to not have to deal with the hassle of phoning and complaining and getting through to customer services etc. :/

Its a PAC code you would need, but you cant use it with in the same network, you would have to move to a new one. you could always move straight back again as a "new" customer, but that would be a lot more hassle that asking for a good upgrade package.

the only reason it is best to go to the loyalty team is they have far more power to mess around with prices to get you a good deal, you dont have to make a complaint, just not be happy with the deal they offer you and say "thank you, but no thank you, i'll try somewhere else"

Edited by nlhall

My wife recently upgraded (Nokia, sorry) and basically as posted earlier, if you select the option "thinking of leaving t-mobile" they really are much more responsive. I didn't have to be rude or short with them. They were very helpful and gave the phone for free when it was listed at £69 for an upgrade. It seems that they can also put you on the same tarif as a new customer, allowing you to get exactly the same deal without using a PAC etc.

Shame I'm not already with T-Mobile! I'm going to be pretty stuffed if the price of the Vario 3 is high on top of a sub £40 contract.

I'm thinking FlexT 25 + Web n' Walk Plus as I call/text rarely but will use the data plan heavily.

The following site:

http://www.powerupmobile.com/tariffs--302.htm#Tariffs

Gives a taster of what the prices might be like on T-Mobile, how accurate this will turn out to be is questionable though. Still I like the thought of a £40 handset price on FlexT 30 + WnW. 18 months is not so good though.

Guest ricardo the fish

Hi all,

Don't know if this means we are now close, but on the drop down menu in the T-mob downloads web page, the VIII is one of the options - although there is nothing associated with it. I've attached the screen shot

I do remember something like this for the Vario II, and I think it was quite a while before the phone actually made it to the site

post-101100-1189960263_thumb.jpg

Guest andybarker
Vario III will not be released until all stocks of Vario II are depleted. Not many left. I'd expect it to be the next few days.

Why would they wait for the Vario II to go first? They still sell the Vario I.

Hi all,

Don't know if this means we are now close, but on the drop down menu in the T-mob downloads web page, the VIII is one of the options - although there is nothing associated with it. I've attached the screen shot

I do remember something like this for the Vario II, and I think it was quite a while before the phone actually made it to the site

I spotted this back in July, http://www.modaco.com/hints-MDA-Vario-III-M-t256746.html, dont think it means anything other than its on its way...

From what I was told the other week, Vodafone are due to release there version today.... what a "to do" do I get the vodafone one or hold out for the VarioIII.... mmmmm

T-mobile data tariffs make it a no-brainer. Don't let temptation take you early.

I've been waiting months, so you are probably right, although, I've been monitoring my data usage, and although I do use it all the time for eMails Google maps and just general surfing I only use 50 or so meg a month so voda would probably be ok, but the T-Mo 1gig is a very nice amount of data...

and from what i've just found out at the vodafone store:

http://www.modaco.com/Vodafone-UK-Pricing-t259180.html

it looks like it is going to be October before both get the Kaiser

and the longer it gets put back the more I like the look of the Nike/Touch II which PDAdb.net say is also due out in Oct...