Paul's must have FREE Kaiser applications!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest pestekkorna

I didn't find it in the device applications. Do you know a good (free would be better, eh eh ) currency converter for the TyTN II? All the ones I found on the net are old versions...

Thank you!

Gennaro

Guest WILBUR

Hey Paul,

in the Hermes "free software" thread you included the cab that puts the IE cache on the storage card. will the same thing work on the Kaiser? I saw a note somewhere that there was an issue with this working on the Kaiser?

Doesn't work, tried it and it just locks up until you reverse the changes.

but really with the amount of memory you get on this baby it's not nearly as much of an issue as with previous devices

Guest the_ape

Another good application that's worth having for Pod/Vidcaster readers is HubDog (www.hubdog.com). The Version 2 product is quite nice...

Well worth a go.

Guest Shuflie

You left total commander off the list, even though I think you've mentioned elsewhere that its one of the first apps you install on any new phone you get.

Hey Paul

Your post mentions:

NoData - disable your GPRS connection while you are on holiday, and save those bills! - http://www.modaco.com/New-FREE-Utility-t246171.html

But when I click the link Safari tells me it cannot find the server. Anything wrong with the link, or is it me?

Thx

Wouter

EDIT

I just read another user had the same problem and cutting and pasting the link supposedly solves it. Gonna try that.

W

Edited by wvn

Guest Webreaper
Anyone know of any apps that would allow me to create different profiles ala Nokia? You know, silent, general, outdoor etc.

PhoneAlarm. It's got some neat features too, like being able to detect your location based on the cellID you're in, and auto-switching profiles automatically based on location, meeting, activesync status, etc.

Guest dead_beat
PhoneAlarm. It's got some neat features too, like being able to detect your location based on the cellID you're in, and auto-switching profiles automatically based on location, meeting, activesync status, etc.

Cheers for that. Do you know if PhoneAlarm lets you set different tones for different profiles? i.e. For meeting a bleep whereas for general have an mp3?

Cheers.

Kang.

Guest psionandy
I use SKTools, IMHO the best out there. Not free tho!

P

But very cheap.. amazingly considering what it does, and the fact that there are new features added all the time (and i've never had to pay for an upgrade, they've all been free)

Guest Nick72
Cheers for that. Do you know if PhoneAlarm lets you set different tones for different profiles? i.e. For meeting a bleep whereas for general have an mp3?

Cheers.

Kang.

I'll add my recommendation for PhoneAlarm, too. And yes, it lets you set different tones for different profiles for SMS/MMS/Email/Ring.

It also lets you schedule Profiles, so I have my phone enter a night profile so I don't get woken up by any drunkard texter friends, or random emails whilst I'm asleep. Goes to night mode at 11pm and back to normal at 6:30am, 7:30 on a weekend for a much deserved lie in.

PhoneAlarm is a must have!

Guest ChefChaudart

Hello,

Anyone knows a good contact manager. ( My Palm was so much better on that.)

I got the buildin, and the one from Developer one. But functionalities are poor, especially in terms of research.

i.e My Palm had a button with latest accessed contacts, a quick access to switch categories, a color for contacts by categories.

Guest juiceppc

Does anyone know what version of WM5Storage works on the Kaiser. The newest version 1.75 does not... Someone on XDA mentioned that someone here said an older version worked?...

1.53 does not seem to work either.

Guest Ghost_1
One other must for the Kaiser is PhonePad (T9 input).

Check http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...honepad+vibrate

nice one, I had this on my JAM back in the day. THe only thing I can't get to work is the vibration. NOt too worried though as it's not a big deal.

Here's another I found while on the xda-developer forum. . . this is much better then most keyboards I've used. ONly problem is it's only free until Dec 8th '07. Another side note the link I'm posting is for the first splash page so you can see it before you download it. Personally this is the sort of thing that HTC should have done for the TouchFlo system, iphone. . . ipheewy lol and I'm a mac user too. lol

http://www.cootek.com/intro.html

Edited by Ghost_1

Guest sc0user_75
I'll add my recommendation for PhoneAlarm, too. And yes, it lets you set different tones for different profiles for SMS/MMS/Email/Ring.

It also lets you schedule Profiles, so I have my phone enter a night profile so I don't get woken up by any drunkard texter friends, or random emails whilst I'm asleep. Goes to night mode at 11pm and back to normal at 6:30am, 7:30 on a weekend for a much deserved lie in.

PhoneAlarm is a must have!

Guys who have Phonealarm... did you get this free? It seems they are now charging for it. Hope I havent missed out on it!

Guest Shuflie
Very annoying the cache tweak doesn't work on Kaiser... I use Opera instead (not free tho!) ;)

P

It is for Plus members, very nice it is too.I suppose it would just seems pushy if you were to say that though. :wub:

Guest Shuflie
Very annoying the cache tweak doesn't work on Kaiser... I use Opera instead (not free tho!) ;)

P

It is for Plus members, very nice it is too.I suppose it would just seems pushy if you were to say that though. :wub: