Paul's must have FREE Kaiser applications!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guys who have Phonealarm... did you get this free? It seems they are now charging for it. Hope I havent missed out on it!

Sorry, you're right it's not free and I paid for it, so strictly this shouldn't be in this thread. Webreaper mentioned Phonealarm in reply to someone asking a profiles question. And I added my recommendation.

Well worth the money IMO but not free.

Sorry.

Guest sc0user_75

Thanks for reply Nick. But before I go ahead and make yet another purchase, if I install this software will it override my HTC Home Screen - which I love so much? Or is this something that is only fired up to make adjustments?

Thanks for reply Nick. But before I go ahead and make yet another purchase, if I install this software will it override my HTC Home Screen - which I love so much? Or is this something that is only fired up to make adjustments?

Nope it won't override, you can choose which to see as normal via Setting --> Today Items tab. I actually have both on my screen but have the "miniText" skin for PhoneAlarm so it barely registers below the HTC one. To be honest it can probably not even appear but I tweaked the settings quite a lot at first so I have it displayed to save time getting into the settings.

Also I went for PhoneAlarm Lite has didn't see the need for the full version on the site you can see a side-by-side comparison of the two.

Guest juiceppc

Does anyone know what version of WM5Storage works on the Kaiser. The newest version 1.75 does not... Someone on XDA mentioned that someone here said an older version worked?...

1.53 does not seem to work either.

Guest wikoogle

A lot of the programs listed so far are just minor tweaks. But there's some programs that add great funcationality and longeitivy to the device that I think Paul might want to edit into his opening post. Here's the list of must install updates to the phone that I've found...

The HTC released new home screen with the large time/favorite people/weather/favorite programs/music functionality.

The HTC released task manager for the phone, great for closing programs running in the background and switching between programs.

PocketSnes - emulator so you can play all super nintendo games that you own on the kaiser!

Games: Xcom port, pocket humanity etc

ClearTemp (MemMaid) - cleans up all the temp folders and registry on windows mobile. Mobile Flash Player from Sun Microsystems, Google Maps etc.

Edited by wikoogle

Guest wikoogle

You would think so, but they're actually not. That's the best part, they are both legal and free to download as they are distributed as freeware.

PocketSnes is legal as emulators were ruled as perfectly legal in the court of law. Downloading ROMS is illegal. But gettign the roms off of the games that you already own so you can have a back up is perfectly legal. And emulators designed to play games that you do own are also perfectly legal. So PocketSnes is legal. If it wasn't nintendo would have sued the people that make it and the site you download it from a long time ago like they do to sites that distribute roms.

pocket humanity is like civilzation but it's not the same game, it's not half as good for one thing. it's an original creation and is perfectly legal.

I'm not sure about the xcom port, it doesn't use the original game's code, and i don't know how copyright laws go for games once 7 years passes as long as you're not usign the same code.

Edited by wikoogle

Paul, any other apps for T9? Because what you suggested doesn't work on tytn II.

That's because T9Editor is only designed to work with HTC's Phone Pad software.

As for a dictionary editor for the word completion function in WM6, there is no such software available yet because the dictionary file and dictionary file structure has changed drastically in WM6.

How about adding my ClearTemp (*shameless plug*) to the list for quick and simple cleaning of temp files like MemMaid/SKTools? ;)

how about ce-star to write and display chinese and japanese (web pages and menu) on a english version unit, the program can be download free to test.

test version allows 50 times text writing on/off and display different languages, after the test period, you can only display language.

www.ce-star.com

Guest paulgyro
i can't find the remote desktop client in the kaiser and the help is mentioned it but in programs i cannot find it. Any idea because it's important for me.

I'm there with you! I see it referenced in the help file but it's no where to be found!

Guest paulgyro
i can't find the remote desktop client in the kaiser and the help is mentioned it but in programs i cannot find it. Any idea because it's important for me.

I'm there with you! I see it referenced in the help file but it's no where to be found!

Guest merrlyn

Hi Paul,

some great applications here, I particularly liked the tweak pack you've put together, but . . .

Do you know if there's a t9 phonepad available? The Kaiser keyboard is great, but there are times when I would rather use a T9 on screen phonepad instead, and was wondering if you had any suggestions?

cheers,

Merrlyn

Guest merrlyn
Not officially (legally), no!

There's some decent third party alternatives such as Tengo tho...

P

Thanks . . . but I checked out the Tengo site from your original post and that seems to be a qwerty style rather than a phonepad style unless I've been really dull and missed the obvious? . . . (sorry to be picky) . . . any other suggestions?

cheers,

Merrlyn

Guest Mr.Clark

I'd like to propose the following addition to the list:

Also, a nifty program called "My Mobiler" which you install on the PC and (via ActiveSync) gives you a virtual desktop for your phone as a window on your PC. Ace for screenshots, if nothing else.