A word of warning re: GPS settings

Guest PaulOBrien

How do you do a Hard or Soft reset on this device?

Andy, you need to press both soft-buttons and while holding them down press the main reset button with the stylus (in portrait mode this is at the bottom-right of the device just to the right of the USB port). Hold it in for a couple of secs then release while keeping the two soft buttons pressed. You should then get a screen asking you if you want to go back to the original settings (or something along those lines).

Now try doing that using only one hand! ;)

Guest lowlight
hmmm, thanks P. I just installed the update. this version does not have 'internal gps' option however ? strange. Even though the tomtom site says this is for the vario III. still not working ;)

do you think that the fact that the 'gps test' app cannot find anything is significant?

hi the web site does not mention VARIO also I have spoken to Tomtom for hours and they maintain Tomtom 6 is NOT compatible with the VARIO or Windows 6 what is going on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest tsutton
hi the web site does not mention VARIO also I have spoken to Tomtom for hours and they maintain Tomtom 6 is NOT compatible with the VARIO or Windows 6 what is going on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignore them, they just need to do some further testing to confirm so they're just protecting their back by saying that it's not supported. But loads of people here use TomTom on WM6 without any problems like me.

Guest Andy_Bee_1
Andy, you need to press both soft-buttons and while holding them down press the main reset button with the stylus (in portrait mode this is at the bottom-right of the device just to the right of the USB port). Hold it in for a couple of secs then release while keeping the two soft buttons pressed. You should then get a screen asking you if you want to go back to the original settings (or something along those lines).

Now try doing that using only one hand! ;)

Thanks, I couldn't find it in all the literature I got with the phone.

I found an index at the back of the manual, but it was 27 pages from the end (which was all T's&C's :() so i had never noticed it before! lol

Edited by Andy_Bee_1