Vario III no longer in stock at T-Mobile...

Guest knonist

Guest cybergibbons

Ordered mine friday before last, and was kind of hoping that they'd have been in contact with me today. I guess they are prioritizing replacements and business customers.

I ordered mine on Friday online. Got an e-mail on Saturday saying it was out of stock. Then I got an e-mail earlier that said it was on it's way. Unfortunately I have to go out early so I won't get a chance to play with it until the evening. <_

My third arrived this morning, ordered last night. Defo have stock :(

Did you order direct from T-Mob? I spoke to customer services again last night who again claims that they have no stock! whats going on? ;)

Guest Howard Moon

I was called directly by T-Mobile customer services yesterday to say that they were dispatching the phone and that it should be with me today. She said that she had taken the liberty of ordering the phone before calling me as the stock levels were low and she thought they might have gone by the time she got through to me.

I should point out that this is after I cancelled my account with them because they wouldn't honour the magazine offer (free phone on Flext 30 with WnW).

Guest tsutton

Called this lunchtime,. NO stock at all.

I told them that I have been waiting for a long time and some people managed to order it yesterday without any problems. They offered me no answer for it but "we do no have any in stock" - it's as if they are avioding my question... hmmm

Told them that I want them to extend their offer (cheap phone & cheap monthly as it ends on 18th Oct), they agreed and they will contact me when it comes in stock... hopefully not long!

Guest tsutton
Still none in store either?

Yeah, called them this morning, nothing at all. They did receive one yesterday but it got sold quickly.

Wonder why they are receiving very little stock...

They said to call back tomorrow.

Guest meddleuk

My situation is that I bought a Nokia 6120c a couple of weeks ago from a T-mobile store with the 18month flext tarrif. They told me in the store that I had 28 days to decide if I didn't like the phone I could exchange it if needed. As it happens due to poor 3G reception at home I required a mobile with wi-fi and the Vario III is the phone I decided on.

When I asked about changing last Monday they told me they did not have stock but had ordered one for me and asked me to call back to check, which I did on request on Wed, FRI, SAT and then yesterday. On each occassion they did not have the Vario III in stock and had no idea when it would be coming in. I asked them why they were given no feedback from the main stores as to if and when they recieve the phone and was told it was for security reasons etc..

The annoying thing is that yesterday morning 10am I phoned T-mobile sales number on 08454 12 22 12 and asked if the phone was in stock. The gent I spoke to confirmed they had 35 in stock for next day delivery. I explained my situation and asked if they could send one to my local store, to which they replied "I need to put you through to Customer Services". After 16 mins of waiting they decieded to hang up on me. I phoned back and Customer services said all I could do was ask the Store to take back my phone/sim and cancel the previous contract and then order one direct from the Net or over the phone. Problem is they were not out of stock???

So now don't know what to do. All I know is I don't have long before my 28 days is up and I don't want to be left the nokia. They have the Vario II and HTC Touch in stock so don't know whether to go for one of them. Need the phone mainly for surfing the net at home and playing music so I would assume both of these phones would do the same job in this respect.

Guest Howard Moon
So now don't know what to do

Email customer services. They're much easier to deal with and you'll have an electronic copy of the fact that you requested a refund before your 28 day refund period expires.

Guest tsutton

T-Mobile called tonight... they got it in stock.

Sorted it out, using the same offer they made (£79.90 phone and £22.50 per month with WnW) and waved the delivery fee after I mentioned about the long wait for the phone.

Should get it tomorrow.

Finally!

Guest Howard Moon

My phone arrived yesterday but I wasn't around to receive it. Now have it on charge. I'd imagine the lack of stock last week may have something to do with the postal strike

Guest tsutton

Got the phone now. And already I'm loving it!

Not sure about the phone case... access to it a bit slower than my Vario 1 case. Will see how it go.

The screen tilt is cool. And III feels a little heavier than Vario I but not THAT bad.

Now I need to find a good deal on memory card... I only got the 2GB MiniSD card a few months ago for Vario I - ah well!

T-Mobile called tonight... they got it in stock.

Sorted it out, using the same offer they made (£79.90 phone and £22.50 per month with WnW) and waved the delivery fee after I mentioned about the long wait for the phone.

Should get it tomorrow.

Finally!

Congrats on the receipt of your shiny new Vario III... Still no news on my replacement tho ;)

How come you got the phone so cheap?