TouchFlo Cube on the Kaiser

Guest Subliminal Aura

I'm not sure where this post belongs, in the Slide To Unlock thread or the HTC Cube thread, but I am having a problem with the 2 working together. Whenever my phone is locked by Slide2Unlock, and I haven't unlocked it yet by sliding at the bottom from left to right, I can still activate the cube. Even with the phone "locked", I can activate the cube by swiping my finger from bottom to top, or even a left to right/right to left swipe. When I close it by sliding from top to bottom, it returns back to the locked sliding screen. How do I fix this?

Is this something that I can fix in the settings, or am I running an old buggy version of either the Cube or Slide2Unlock, or both? Please help me, I do not want the Cube to be able to be activated if the phone is supposed to be locked!

Slide 2 Unlock cannot stop the cube from being activated. It's explained by the author that it's a limitation of the software, and is the same for the cube on the Touch.

Not really a problem though as you're hardly going to activate the cube accidentally are you :(

Guest ManImCool

I actually figured out that with the nifty program FTouchFlo configuration tool it allowed me to set up a list of programs that will not let the cube activate, including slide to unlock. Now, when the phone is locked with S2unlock, the cube WILL not open even with the correct gestures.

But NOW I have another problem. I installed the wonderful and amazing HTC Album photo program, which is a billion times better than the stock picture/video viewer that comes on the Kaiser. I mapped the Cube's "Photos" button to open the HTC album by pointing it to htcalbum.exe in the /Windows folder, and i'm not sure what else I need to do, but when I click on "Photos" in the Cube it opens BOTH HTC Album and Pictures and Video Viewer right on top of each other. This is really annoying, how do I make it so pictures the video viewer stops opening and only the HTC album opens up? Please help!

Thanks!

just downloaded this and installed it and it seems to be working great (wont respond to my swipes at times, but i'm guessing thats me as much as the program)

however, where can i download the HTC audio manager without having to sign up to xda dev?

cheers

Guest Foxhunter123

Might I be so lucky that someone would tell me all that I need to get and how I need to install this Cube on my Tytn 2? I'm new at this and afraid to make mistakes that will ruin my phone... I meen do I have to get another program from somewhere so that it'll work or..?

Please help :-)

Guest sajdaman
Might I be so lucky that someone would tell me all that I need to get and how I need to install this Cube on my Tytn 2? I'm new at this and afraid to make mistakes that will ruin my phone... I meen do I have to get another program from somewhere so that it'll work or..?

Please help :-)

just read the whole thread i got my kaiser yest and its pretty much self explanatory.. u need to download and install all apps and reset ur phone and bob is ur uncle... :(

Guest Restorer
just read the whole thread i got my kaiser yest and its pretty much self explanatory.. u need to download and install all apps and reset ur phone and bob is ur uncle... :(

Can you post a link to the up-to-date download for everything needed to get touchflo cube working on the Kaiser - I am new to this and find the XDA Developers site a nightmare to search!

Can you post a link to the up-to-date download for everything needed to get touchflo cube working on the Kaiser - I am new to this and find the XDA Developers site a nightmare to search!

I know what you mean Restorer. The XDA website looks pretty complicated and the plethora of yanks on the board can be slightly inhospitable to newbies.

You know what, I was actually prepared to give you a step by step explanation only I've noticed there is already an update cube on that page, and I'm a bit lost to what you download.

I download the cube a couple of weeks back when Dutty's cube2 was on offer. I also installed the additional Music plugin as advised on this particular thread, and all was fine and dandy

Looking at the page now for the most updated cube causes me confusion. Sorry

Guest Subliminal Aura
The XDA website looks pretty complicated and the plethora of yanks on the board can be slightly inhospitable to newbies.

Tell me about it. I just got flamed. :(

I will try and help

I think on the orange htc touchflo comes preinstalled check start-settings-system to see if its there.

Now I only installed the cube software cab and the htc home plug cab to get the cube working.

In my remove programs I have "HTC Biotouch cube" and "HTC HTC Home"

after installing the htc home cab I now have an extra option in start-settings-home which is "HTC Home"

If you already have touchflo in setting and the htc home option then I would think you only need the cube cab.

Before I install any new software I do a backup using sprite backup and then I have the option to restore if anything goes wrong.

I am sorry I cant be of any more help as it was a while ago I installed it and can't remember exactly what post I downloaded the cabs from, but there was a lot of cabs in the post but I only installed the 2.

Tell me about it. I just got flamed.

Thats all too common over there lol. There was actually one thread where a newbie actually asked ‘what is ROM’. Now that is a ridiculous question, that could be easily be answered with a search on an online dictionary, however the poor OP got torn to shreds.

Like commented by other posters, I doubt he/she’ll revisit that forum

We all ask questions, that in retrospect, realise are ridiculous. Particularly when we're newbies.

Edited by 246810

Guest Paul (MVP)

Part of mainintaing a forum is managing the different levels of users. XDA-Dev clearly caters for more technical users, however where there is bounty all shall come forth... including newbies... and no, it's definitely not a great experience for them over there...

P

Guest sajdaman

true say but if u a newbie look for the info and try searching the boards.. i mean this whole cube business is easy read the first post and follow that website. install all three programmes and thats all.. and for the other newbies if u cant get an answer read aall the post from the start....i know the best questions r the stoopid ones but u gotta have sum common sense

Guest Restorer
Now I only installed the cube software cab and the htc home plug cab to get the cube working.

OK, good. Thanks. I already have the HTC Home Plugin installed and have found a cab called HTCCube2.cab. Would this be the latest one?

OK, good. Thanks. I already have the HTC Home Plugin installed and have found a cab called HTCCube2.cab. Would this be the latest one?

Its the one I have downloaded. That along with Duttythroy dutty music plugin on my MDA Vario III. The two of these files installed alone worked fine.

The Cube2 is dated 17.11.07 so I can say with much certaintity that it is the latest working cube around

Guest Restorer

Hehe. Well this is fun! Worked first time on my Orange TyTnII! Bit of a knack to getting the slide right - can't wait to get started on customising the apps - thanks also to Montecristoffon for his explanation.

Edited by Restorer