Sandisk 8GB MicroSD

Guest dolbe666

Guest mbriody

Should we be worried about the security of our credit / debit cards?

Especially given that none of them appear to be a registered company! Definately stay away.

Guest dolbe666
Should we be worried about the security of our credit / debit cards?

Ive checked and he is a registered company director so that means his company is registered also. I dont know what kind of research was done to come up with the fact the companies are not registered. google Jonathan Flatman, he has alot of bad feedback from his onlinememory.co.uk site. I wish I would of done more research before I had put this topic up in the forums though. although there isnt any direct bad feedback on sandiskshop.co.uk I should of dug deeper. I have a feeling what he does is collect orders untill he gets enough then takes the money and orders the memory cards in bulk from china then redistributes them to make a profit. so he never actually has any stock beforehand. from the look of the complaints with onlinememory.co.uk he has a history of taking orders showing instock then delivering upto two weeks later. that is a common sign of collecting orders in order to purchase products bulk to make a profit without having to keep a large stock.

I do appologise for putting people through this if they have made orders on my recomendation. Normally my tips for good buys are never wrong

Edited by dolbe666

Guest dperren
Ive checked and he is a registered company director so that means his company is registered also. I dont know what kind of research was done to come up with the fact the companies are not registered.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/50eb298a...97402430#result. Nothing for any of the others, either.

Edited by dperren

Guest dperren
next time look for the parent company ANPR (UK)

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/50eb298a...97403047#result

There is no entry (that I could find, admittedly) in the companies house database corresponding to the address provided on the parent company website, and neither the trading or parent websites are displaying the company number or the registered address (which is illegal in itself). Edited by dperren

Guest dolbe666
There is no entry (that I could find, admittedly) in the companies house database corresponding to the address provided on the parent company website, and neither the trading or parent websites are displaying the company number or the registered address (which is illegal in itself).

Did you see this

Name & Registered Office:

ANPR (UK) LIMITED

CARTREF, BALL LANE

KINGSLEY

CHESHIRE

WA6 8HP

Company No. 04913502

Date of Incorporation: 26/09/2003

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7222 - Other software consultancy and supply

Accounting Reference Date: 30/09

Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/09/2005 (TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL)

Next Accounts Due: 30/07/2007 OVERDUE

Last Return Made Up To: 26/09/2007

Next Return Due: 24/10/2008

Last Members List: 26/09/2006

Previous Names:

No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

It is a registered company for trading and does fall ander the trade standard laws. all that is required is the address to be shown as for the company number its on file

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/c976b95b...533/compdetails

It does have its details files that are readily available. and that is as much as they need to do to be within Uk and European law

Edited by dolbe666

Guest dperren

Apologies, I missed that one. I am however, correct about the address and company number issue:

On all of its business letters, order forms or any of the company’s web sites, the company must show in legible lettering –

* its place of registration

* registered number

* its registered office address

* and if it is being wound up, that fact,

Source.

Guest dolbe666
Apologies, I missed that one. I am however, correct about the address and company number issue:

Source.

Registered in England & Wales No: 4913502 VAT No: 823 5725 29

its on all their invoices. Its listed on the web as the links have already shown.

Ok they dont do business the way most companies do but they are running within the law as a registered company

Guest dolbe666
It is however not listed anywhere on any of their websites, which it definitely should be.

I cant believe I'm defending the very company I dont like but not all Uk websites are showing their registration number one such site is  http://www.amazon.co.uk/ find the registration number on that site. Ive looked and couldnt find it but its on their invoices. does that make amazon.co.uk a faulse company that cant be trusted?

http://www.comet.co.uk/ doesnt have their registration number on their website. are they also not to be trusted?

what I'm getting at is dont start a witch hunt just because you cant find details that are not shown on some other more reputable sites

yes this site has done business in a rather abnormal way, yes the have bad communication and people have had some bad experiences but that just make it a bad website and not an ilegal one.

unless you know the full extent of the law its not a good idea to pass judgment or start saying a site is not a valid company. if you do this in a public forum you can be liable for legal action from such sites.

Never claim facts to be true that you have  not full researched. you can see I have showed a few errors in your statemement about the sites in question.

I'm not trying to get at you, I'm just trying to make you aware that not all sites have the details your stating makes them a reputable company. yet they are

ok im stepping down from this soap box, its going way off topic :(

Edited by dolbe666

Guest dperren
I cant believe I'm defending the very company I dont like but not all Uk websites are showing their registration number one such site is http://www.amazon.co.uk/ find the registration number on that site. Ive looked and couldnt find it but its on their invoices. does that make amazon.co.uk a faulse company that cant be trusted?

http://www.comet.co.uk/ doesnt have their registration number on their website. are they also not to be trusted?

No, but it should be there.

what I'm getting at is dont start a witch hunt just because you cant find details that are not shown on some other more reputable sites
Actually, I've never made claims of lack of reputability because of this missing information - that link was your own. It does however always cross my mind that companies who are not making the effort to be transparent may have something to hide, especially in conjunction with the experiences of people within this thread. Many websites exist selling copies of Photoshop for £20 - they are neither reputable, nor registered businesses. It happens in this case that I was incorrect about the status of the businesses registration - largely because the company is not fulfilling their legal obligations by making their company number available!

yes this site has done business in a rather abnormal way, yes the have bad communication and people have had some bad experiences but that just make it a bad website and not an ilegal one.
And I never claimed otherwise.

unless you know the full extent of the law its not a good idea to pass judgment or start saying a site is not a valid company. if you do this in a public forum you can be liable for legal action from such sites.
A statement I retracted after you demonstrated me to be wrong.

Never claim facts to be true that you have not full researched. you can see I have showed a few errors in your statemement about the sites in question.
One error, not 'a few'.

I'm not trying to get at you, I'm just trying to make you aware that not all sites have the details your stating makes them a reputable company. yet they are
I never made that claim - but it is a good indicator of somewhere that is dodgey if you are otherwise in doubt.

Guest dolbe666

UPDATE: Its finally been dispatched. for those that ordered the same from this site check your email :(

Good News! Your Order Has been dispatched from our warehouse, and your order is complete

Please Read below for Details of your Shipment a Tracking Numbernd your

Dispatch Progress :

--------------------

1 of 1 - Sandisk 8GB MicroSD (SDSDQR-8192-E11M)

Edited by dolbe666

Guest mbriody

Got the same but there is no tracking number so its possible this is a further stalling tactic.

Fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath.

UPDATE: Its finally been dispatched. for those that ordered the same from this site check your email :(

Good News! Your Order Has been dispatched from our warehouse, and your order is complete

Please Read below for Details of your Shipment a Tracking Numbernd your

Dispatch Progress :

--------------------

1 of 1 - Sandisk 8GB MicroSD (SDSDQR-8192-E11M)

Guest dolbe666
Got the same but there is no tracking number so its possible this is a further stalling tactic.

Fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath.

I got a tracking number with my email and the tracking code shows as dispatched. online on my account it shows as dispatched aslo

Ive only got 450mb left on my 4Gb card. its filled with apps, games, albums and a couple of films I encoded for the tytn II. I just counted how many apps and games I had on it last night, 95 apps, and 27 games. Ive managed to transfer all my registration keys from my qtek 9000 and my MDA Vario so now all the apps are on one device. thats 2 years of accumilated apps plus some I got for the TYTN II. I hate to think how much its all costed over the years :(

Guest mbriody

You mean a real tracking code with a courier?

I got a tracking number with my email and the tracking code shows as dispatched. online on my account it shows as dispatched aslo

Ive only got 450mb left on my 4Gb card. its filled with apps, games, albums and a couple of films I encoded for the tytn II. I just counted how many apps and games I had on it last night, 95 apps, and 27 games. Ive managed to transfer all my registration keys from my qtek 9000 and my MDA Vario so now all the apps are on one device. thats 2 years of accumilated apps plus some I got for the TYTN II. I hate to think how much its all costed over the years :(

Guest dolbe666
You mean a real tracking code with a courier?

no it was sent by royal mail but no tracking code just their tracking code. which I suppose doesnt mean much. but royal mail first class isnt trackable through the royal mail tracking service. 

I suppose I will know for sure tomorrow or monday

Edited by dolbe666

Guest mbriody

Any sign yet? Still not received anything here.

no it was sent by royal mail but no tracking code just their tracking code. which I suppose doesnt mean much. but royal mail first class isnt trackable through the royal mail tracking service.

I suppose I will know for sure tomorrow or monday

Guest dolbe666
Any sign yet? Still not received anything here.

I was just about to post an update. Yes I have it. Im in the process of moving my data from my 4Gb card to the 8GB card now. As soon as its all transfered and in my tytn II I will let you know if alls well

Edit: well all is well, ive now got 4.3GB left after all my apps, music, video, and saved cabs where moved over

Edited by dolbe666

Guest dolbe666
Have a look at this lads. Found it on ebay. What do you think? Oh, and the extra card reader you get with this - is it the same as a USB device, where you plug the card into the device, and plug the device into your usb socket on computer?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8GB-MICROSD-MICRO-SD...1QQcmdZViewItem

I got an error with that link, but if its the one i think it is for £39.99 its not including VAT. Ive checked their feedback out and it shows they dont show the price including vat on the selling price to make it look cheaper.

Item number: 130183104359, SANDISK 8GB MICRO SD MEMORY CARD For N95 E90 RIZR Z8, seller:Electronic world for best_in_less

after vat added it comes upto £52.85 with shipping included

Edited by dolbe666

Guest mbriody

Mine finally arrived too - I'd almost given up hope.

Just need them to refund the additional 7 quid they took now.

I was just about to post an update. Yes I have it. Im in the process of moving my data from my 4Gb card to the 8GB card now. As soon as its all transfered and in my tytn II I will let you know if alls well

Edit: well all is well, ive now got 4.3GB left after all my apps, music, video, and saved cabs where moved over

Guest sc0user_75
I got an error with that link, but if its the one i think it is for £39.99 its not including VAT. Ive checked their feedback out and it shows they dont show the price including vat on the selling price to make it look cheaper.

Item number: 130183104359, SANDISK 8GB MICRO SD MEMORY CARD For N95 E90 RIZR Z8, seller:Electronic world for best_in_less

after vat added it comes upto £52.85 with shipping included

LOL! So much for the "bargains"! Dolbe, you're spot on about that one.

There are a few more on ebay, which actually say VAT INCLUDED so will have a look at them.