MyFaves Data Unlocked

Guest Midian

Guest jinnzilla

there's no way this really works into fooling t-mobile to letting you call 5 people for free, as others have said on this post. and if it did.. you'd be in some major s*** with t-mobile for cheating them of their services. a cell phone is a 2 way kinda thing guys.. you know? tmobile gives us service, we send and receive calls from their service.. its not like it's a 1 way thing.. lol.. this is pretty stupid. i say FAIL

you obviously dont know what spoofing a service means.

you can spoof free calls through the customer service line (old method using CDMA phones) same thing with adding phone numbers to the NAM's emergency contacts list (again with CDMA phones)

im almost done with the tutorial. expect it to be released soon.

Guest jinnzilla
you obviously dont know what spoofing a service means.

you can spoof free calls through the customer service line (old method using CDMA phones) same thing with adding phone numbers to the NAM's emergency contacts list (again with CDMA phones)

im almost done with the tutorial. expect it to be released soon.

well my phone isnt CDMA, it has a SIM card. so what are you getting at.. again? lol.. i dont know dude but good luck with that, its just that i wont dick t-mobile out of their services that's all..

Guest shadow mike
well my phone isnt CDMA, it has a SIM card. so what are you getting at.. again? lol.. i dont know dude but good luck with that, its just that i wont dick t-mobile out of their services that's all..

take your sim out and start your phone. It will go into emergency mode. Even though there is NO SIM you will be able to dial 911.

midians tut will show you how to add numbers to the emergency list (911 + fave1 + fave2 + fav3 + fave4 + fave5) i believe

Guest jekelman
lol well appearently your the only person who can get Myfaves and M2M (Mobile to Mobile) without doing this.

not exactly.....it is true we areny paying for it but isnt it enough that we bought the phones,got the contract and so on? why should we have to pay for something like this? but in a sence, we are cheating them which is why we dont plan on having this on for a long time.

it isnt exactly a full Myfaves (seeing as though you have to edit everything manually because there is no settings)

I also have m2m and myfaves and 4 lines on my plan.

Guest shadow mike
I also have m2m and myfaves and 4 lines on my plan.

yes, we have agreed that you can get my faves and mtm. the problem is... sales reps dont let customers know this. SO ALOT OF PPL DONT nor ever will have both on thier service.

when i bought my shadow. i got fave5 and asked if it included mtm i was told no. but was not told that i could get it for an extra fee. they made it sound like i couldnt.

yes, we have agreed that you can get my faves and mtm. the problem is... sales reps dont let customers know this. SO ALOT OF PPL DONT nor ever will have both on thier service.

when i bought my shadow. i got fave5 and asked if it included mtm i was told no. but was not told that i could get it for an extra fee. they made it sound like i couldnt.

Just for the record... I think this depends on where you'r at in the country. I'm in Seattle and I just renewed my contract a few weeks ago. All the pamphlets I got from T-mobile recently had MTM bundled in with the Fave5 plans.... I had to specifically request to be put on the family plan that had Fave5, but NOT MTM (because it was $10 a month cheaper)... by default, they only wanted to give me MTM with Fave5.

Guest shadow mike
Just for the record... I think this depends on where you'r at in the country. I'm in Seattle and I just renewed my contract a few weeks ago. All the pamphlets I got from T-mobile recently had MTM bundled in with the Fave5 plans.... I had to specifically request to be put on the family plan that had Fave5, but NOT MTM (because it was $10 a month cheaper)... by default, they only wanted to give me MTM with Fave5.

hmm weird. kinda like gas in cali is 5 bucks but is 2.50 here.

Guest trickinit

It's true, T-Mobile is based out of Washington, and Seattle is one of the major test markets for new promotions and features. Depending on the success of these plans in Seattle, we may start seeing them in the rest of the country.

ok people good news!

just got the myFaves menu in the settings!!!!

for those of you who dont know what this means. let me just say its huge! normally whenever you wanted to add a contact, you would have to do it through a registry editor (in HKLM/Software/Microsoft/CHome/CMyFaves/0-4 and HKLM/Software/HTC/My5/My5App/Contact_0-Contact_4)

but ever since the update, it looks like Microsoft left the encryption data for the Pim Provider open!

That means we can access to the full UI and settings of myFaves without the actual Data plan (just like our old method of unlocking myFaves but this made it alot easier and actually gave us full access to the UI and much more in its registry)

many thanks to shllim for finding this for me. im scrapping the old tutorial for a new one (seeing as though i updated my phone to try this out. the only downfall to updating my phone is that i noticed the ROM has become alot more secure. and the tutorial i was about to release only left access to myFaves until the phone was either A)turned off, B)disconnected from the computer, or C)the phone was on over 2 minutes)

now there are problems when doing this. CHome is no longer on the Neo UI (meaning no more little house icon, no more date, etc. the time is still available on the upper right hand corner like it would be on any other myFaves view)

for those sceptics, i will be releasing a video of this in a week (in high def ^__^ i got a new camera lol $400 but well worth it!) and then a week later will be followed up with video tutorial on how to do it and perhaps a week later, a CAB file will be made for easy use and no registry editing needed. hopefully the XML inside the CAB can do this. im pretty sure it can seeing as though ive seen CAB files do so much more.

well thats pretty much it for now. for those lazy people (or those who dont like/suck at reading) here is a list of upcomming events:

2/18/08) News released (myFaves data 99% unlocked on new update. thanks Microsoft for leaving the Pim provider open lol)

2/22/08) Proof-Of-Concept video released

2/25/08) Video tutorial on how to do it

2/29/08) CAB file built and released

some are business weeks but idc they are still technically weeks. hope you guys enjoy this stuff ^__^

-Midian

Guest badbob001
ok people good news!

just got the myFaves menu in the settings!!!!

This will be interesting to see if this provides any more functionality than rinku's myfaves hack, which enables the myfaves neo interface to the extent of being able to dial a number, see the contact photo, and see notifications such as birthdays, anniversaries, and missed calls. Missing functionality is being able to actually press the center button on a contact and seeing other options such as email, sms, voice message, etc. Also rinku has to create a separate application to configure the myfave contacts and photos.

Interesting comment about losing the 'home' plug-in. I have both the clock and myfaves visible (I'm not on the myfaves plan). Won't this enable the clock?

To enable the clock:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome

go to the "CClock" key

"Disabled" value should be 0

"DisablePageCounter" value should be 0

ok everyone a quick update.

still having some fun with this. i want to make sure everything is perfect before the videos are released. everything WILL be on time so dont worry.

i am however, having a little problem changing between circle and list view (the default is always circle and i cant seem to get list view to work. but oh well idc about that)

and yup ^__^ that got the time working back on BUT i think thats what caused the view modes to stop working lol. not only that but all my icons are stuck on the "Updating myFaves" text and image so i would rather have the time in the upper right hand corner then not have myFaves lol.

EDIT:

AWESOME!!!!!!! i just got the FULL UI UNLOCKED!!!!! this means full screen myFaves instead of regular view (when its on the Neo Home Screen. It now can take the full screen with the Settings option and the Call options!!)

everyone, i have made this MAJOR announcement because myFaves data has been 100% unlocked!

this was the last piece of the unlocking (finishing the UI) and it has been 100% completed!

ALSO i have gotten the Date AND Time to appear in full screen mode as well as on the Neo Home Screen!!!!

Well everyone, the myFaves hack is completed. I would like to thank everyone that helped random people (nice enough to send me their myFaves Pim Services, registry dumps, etc), My programming team, people who believed in me, and who ever else im missing.

Since this is done i will now be working on the Neo Update Project (NUP) which can be found here:  http://www.modaco.com/content/HTC-Juno-Phoebus-Juno-MoDaCo-com/261889/Proposal-for-new-Neo-Shadow-Screens-Programs/

BUT NO WORK ON THIS PROJECT WILL START UNTIL ALL VIDEOS, CAB's, ETC FOR THIS myFaves PROJECT HAS BEEN RELEASED. THIS WAY I CANT SAY SOMETHING WAS STOPPING ME FROM COMPLETEING ANYTHING. ALSO TO PREVENT MAD HATERS LOL.

Edited by Midian

Guest trickinit
tutorials almost done ^__^

@bad:

yeah that was the problem with my old tutorial on the new update (YOU WILL HAVE TO UPDATE YOUR PHONE FOR THIS TO WORK)

Wow it's been about 4 months now since you first claimed that you could do this.

Wow it's been about 4 months now since you first claimed that you could do this.

yeah BUT we all knew the update was gonna come out soon so i decided to wait (besides that, i moved lol) i mean no point in releasing a tutorial that wont work right?

Guest deyanimay

Sorry to say this but rinku beat you to it the first time around and you just added the emergency number hack to cover you ass because it has nothing to do with my faves.

Sorry to say this but rinku beat you to it the first time around and you just added the emergency number hack to cover you ass because it has nothing to do with my faves.

technically speaking rinku's method doesnt involve unlocking myfaves so m,uch as adding the UI (which is all easy to do) and using some generic BS editor (which doesnt work on the new update)

my method doesnt use a generic BS editor but uses the FULL myfaves service.

kid i bet if you knew how to read you would of understood this. bottom line, shut your stupid ass up because you dont know wtf your talkin about.

and yes the emergency number hack has a lot to do with this because your adding reg values to myfaves that connect to the emergency contacts (hints why calling is free) so once again, shut your mouth little boy and leave the coding to the grown ups

Guest trickinit
kid i bet if you knew how to read you would of understood this. bottom line, shut your stupid ass up because you dont know wtf your talkin about.

:) Did you really just say that??

Seriously Midian, how can you call yourself a grown up when you act like that?

Can you blame us all for not believing you when you have been promising something for this long and have failed to deliver? I don't doubt that you can get the numbers stored in the registry on the emergency contact list, but this in no way proves that calling these same numbers is free. You may be able to hack and modify your phone, but there is no way you can fool T-Mobile's network.

I can't wait until you get your outrageous phone bill, and then suddenly disappear from the forum.

Edited by trickinit

Guest deyanimay
technically speaking rinku's method doesnt involve unlocking myfaves so m,uch as adding the UI (which is all easy to do) and using some generic BS editor (which doesnt work on the new update)

my method doesnt use a generic BS editor but uses the FULL myfaves service.

and yes the emergency number hack has a lot to do with this because your adding reg values to myfaves that connect to the emergency contacts (hints why calling is free) so once again, shut your mouth little boy and leave the coding to the grown ups

Your the stupid one who cant read, i said rinku beat you the first time around that means before the rom update and its only because of the rom update that you got the full ui unlocked.

@trick:

i have already gotten my phone bill and im getting my next one on the 28th. first phone bill all the calls i made were free and im assuming all these will be free as well. so once again, stfu

@dey:

my method was done WAYYYYYYY before his. the only thing he did before me was created an editor.

video is to long for youtube so im using sendspace. uploading it now to shut these two dumbasses above up

Guest trickinit
@trick:

i have already gotten my phone bill and im getting my next one on the 28th. first phone bill all the calls i made were free and im assuming all these will be free as well. so once again, stfu

Sure they were :)