Windows Mobile .next demo'd at Mobius Amsterdam

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nickcornaglia

Didnt know there was a whole mess of screenshots. Thought just the one. Just looked at em all and all I can say is...Meh! Nothing extremely major...expecially in the UI. Looks like the Shadow homescreen functionality. Some nice little bits in there for some I guess....but...MEH! :(

Guest conflagrare
That's a mistake by AT&T rather than a breaking of NDA though isnt it?

Yeah... So Paul, and most people upheld the NDA, but Boy Genius Report was not under NDA (I assume). Engadget quoting Boy Genius Report might be a gray area...

as to the actual features, it's nice... I'm actually hoping there ISN'T a Professional version coming out at the same time... that'd mean they are putting effort into upgrading the touch screen interface to duke it out with iPhone (they ARE doing this, right?)

Threaded SMS, and copy & paste is good. I like how M$ is putting it into the OS. (these are sorta OS level features...). This allows for integration testing, and provides a certain level of guarantee these features will play nice with all other components in the system.

I have actually been shying away from third party app, and am actually thinking about the iPhone's closed system. I've used the platform for about 3 years now, and like most, when I first got my HTC-Vox, it's a flurry of installing apps after apps. And then, I noticed... Opps... backlight is not turning off. Opps, homescreen is not working... Opps... bluetooth carkit is acting funny. Now, I am on my third hard reset trying to pinpoint which nasty little program ruined the phone...

Guest pisquee

I doubt very much that WM phones would have the userbase it does today, and sites like Modaco would probably not exist if WM had been a closed system. Back in the Canary days you pretty much relied on tweaks, hacks and 3rd party apps.

(I wasn't aiming to make "tweaks, hacks and 3rd party apps." sound lyrical!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.