The 'HTC 6th May Product Launch' coverage post (now with official specs)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sxywill2005

"- There is NO microSD slot, adding it would have added 2mm to the chassis"

OMFJ 2mm??? Who gives a damn when expandable storage is so god damn convienient.

I am not sold on this unfortunately.

Speaking of Orange:

70+ TV Channels I heard... OK over 3G... Freeview IPTV?

What are these new tarrifs? Have they shot the animals? I would much prefer a badger tarrif.

Guest shootydogthing

weeeeird....

It would certainly be nice. someone needs to find out.

And your screeny answers my other question, that's a WiFi signal!

Guest nurotic

Has the screen responsiveness and sensitivity been increased to match that which we get in the Iphone, or does it still feel like any ordinary windows mobile "resistive touchscreen"?

Edited by nurotic

Guest shootydogthing

The interface is the point of this device!

If you don't like it get a Touch Cruise!

Edited by shootydogthing

Guest J273
Has the screen responsiveness and sensitivity has been increased to match that which we get in the Iphone, or does it still feel like any ordinary windows mobile "resistive touchscreen"?

Id like to know this also.....I hated the touch duals screen in the short time i had it.

Guest finisterre
The interface is the point of this device!

If you don't like it get a Touch Cruise!

I know, but it's nice to be able to turn if off if you end up not liking it. I turned off the HTC Home plug-in on my Vario III after a day or two. It was hindering my productivity.

Guest nurotic

one thing I think i'd want to be able to turn off is the photo contact and just scroll through a list of names. As nice a feature it is out all my contact's im not going to have a photo for all of them.......or want a photo of some... :D

Guest shootydogthing
one thing I think i'd want to be able to turn off is the photo contact and just scroll through a list of names. As nice a feature it is out all my contact's im not going to have a photo for all of them.......or want a photo of some... :D

Certainly with the old TouchFLO it still allows contacts with no picture, and you select which contacts are there at all.

There'll be another contacts system behind this

Guest Perfectionist

Well a nice upgrade ..... but nothing particularly exciting really !! And all this hype just for the launch of only one phone in the range ?! <_<

Actually, from previous speculation it's a bit of a disappointment to be honest =

- slightly bigger than expected

- no microSD slot

- aGPS instead of eGPS

- no flash on Camera

Oh well, I'll still be getting one as soon as T-mob release them ..... but I doubt I'll be keeping it once the SEX1 or Android arrives ! :(

Was secretly hoping HTC might have broken new ground in cost too ..... but it looks like it'll be around the same price as the Vario 3 :D

Guest Perfectionist

Technology always gets cheaper dude !! :o

I remember paying an arm and leg for 56K Dial Up ..... I can now get 8Mb Broadband for Free !! :lol:

Years ago when the very latest 1Gb SD cards were first released, they cost about £80 ..... today the very latest 16Gb SD card costs about half that ! :(

PPC's have been around long enough now for them to be coming down in price ..... especially when the new devices are not all that revolutionary ! :D

Guest shootydogthing

So I should expect a Core 2 Quad to be cheaper than a Core 2 Duo from last year

(i don't know if they are, I'm just making an example. Possibly a bad one. I don't know. Don't judge me)

Guest Perfectionist

I don't know about CPU stuff ..... but yes, for example you should expect a new 40" LCD TV to be more advanced, better quality and lower in price than a 40" LCD from a few years ago ..... :D

Guest shootydogthing

I'm guessing more, judging from the spy shots. But they could be wrong, I suppose.

There will be a successor to the Kaiser before too long though.

"but yes, for example you should expect a new 40" LCD TV to be more advanced, better quality and lower in price than a 40" LCD from a few years ago ....."

The Kaiser is not a few years ago though. It's 1. It's dropped in price gradually though. Wait a little longer and it will be cheaper.

Guest podavies

I'm really shocked so many people are putting a downer on this phone.

I thought we were going to have till 2009 and WinMo 7 to get a modern interface on Winmo handset.

Just think this is just the entry level version, all the new HTC Winmo phones will have this Gui and I'm sure updated versions of it.

So when the replacements for Touch and PDA and Smartphones series are released there will be a varity of options and specs.

I've had Winmo phones since the orignal SPV i think this will be the first time ill be able show my mates that i have cool phone instead of telling i have it because

i need for work.

Guest shootydogthing

Agreed. I'm waiting for the Touch Diamond Pro and Touch Diamond Dual

(i'm gonna call them that whatever the proper names are, if they named it anything else they were smoking crack at the time)

Guest chucky.egg

I like a lot of the touches, but as soon as you drop back to the MS apps the same old issues of usability come back.

Come on MS. Don't expect the OEMs to do all the work for you!

It is a nice device, but my next one will probably have QWERTY again (I miss it) so it's the Raphael for me I think.

Guest Toyota-F1.com
Agreed. I'm waiting for the Touch Diamond Pro and Touch Diamond Dual

(i'm gonna call them that whatever the proper names are, if they named it anything else they were smoking crack at the time)

How about... HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch DD (Dual Diamond), and HTC Touch Cruise Diamond?

Or... HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Dual 2, and Touch Cruise 2.

(I really don't like the "Pro" bit)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.