The 'HTC 6th May Product Launch' coverage post (now with official specs)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest linooliveira

Hi to everybody

I don't see or read anything yet about profiles in this new TouchFLO 3D.

Did you notice anything about it, Paul?

Regards from Portugal.

Lino Oliveira

Edited by linooliveira

Guest shootydogthing
It has 192MB RAM. 128MB conventional RAM, and 64MB alongside the CPU (I believe).

I expect the shipping ROM to display '192MB RAM'.

P

So i was right all along :D

Guest shootydogthing
How about... HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch DD (Dual Diamond), and HTC Touch Cruise Diamond?

Or... HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Dual 2, and Touch Cruise 2.

(I really don't like the "Pro" bit)

Where are you getting the cruise thing from at all? If anything, the Touch Diamond is a successor to the Cruise.

the Titanium or Touch Diamond Dual (still calling it that...) is a vertical numeric slider

The Raphael or Touch Diamond Pro is a sideways QWERTY slider, a successor to the Kaiser but with TouchFLO 3D etc.

So where are you getting Touch Cruise 2?

Guest smartmove08

I am due an upgrade on T-Mobile (or port away to O2) in the next 2 weeks and was pretty set on moving to O2 for the Orbit 2. Now this beasty comes along and has got me thinking. Should I wait a month or 2 on my current contract and then hope O2 (or stay with T-Mobile if the upgrade isnt a silly price for the handset) get the Diamond in that timeframe?

Guest Metoo
I am due an upgrade on T-Mobile (or port away to O2) in the next 2 weeks and was pretty set on moving to O2 for the Orbit 2. Now this beasty comes along and has got me thinking. Should I wait a month or 2 on my current contract and then hope O2 (or stay with T-Mobile if the upgrade isnt a silly price for the handset) get the Diamond in that timeframe?

One crucial factor would be how much you need swappable storage. If you lose ~1GB for SatNav maps etc, will you have enough left over on the Diamond for all your music, video etc?

Edited by Metoo

Guest Syphon Filter

I am going to wait for the Dual or qwerty version, swappable storage is nice to have even if i dont use it much.

Edited by Syphon Filter

Guest shootydogthing
I am going to wait for the Dual or qwerty version, swappable storage is nice to have even if i dont use it much.

Agreed, even if you just bung an 8 or 16GB card in and never change it, it's still bigger and you can change it to a 32GB if and when you need it/it's released

Hopefully they'll make one with the MicroSD too, so you can choose between 2mm thinner or hotswappable storage

Guest Paul (MVP)

The Dual version will be MUCH later I understand. I imagine it will hit all UK networks pretty quickly, they'll all want to get it out ASAP...

P

Guest smartmove08

Well, I cant say the lack of upgrade options on the 4gb bothers me. I use my phone for work and to give you an idea I've not had to even put a card in the memory slot of my Vario II. I dont have any mp3 etc.. on there.

Guest Syphon Filter
The Dual version will be MUCH later I understand. I imagine it will hit all UK networks pretty quickly, they'll all want to get it out ASAP...

P

Does the same go for the Raphael?

And how much later are we talking, sort of around the August/September timeframe? I'm hoping August/September.

Clearly the regular Diamond is the new HTC poster-boy (but I wouldnt say it was the flagship device). The Diamond is an appeal to the masses device with oodles of good looks and swanky features, without being a full on beast. It's sleek, it's sexy and will definitely sell by the bucket load.

The Raphael and Titamium will be aimed more at business users I guess (and geeks :D )

Edited by Syphon Filter

Guest shootydogthing
If the Raphael hits networks a year from now i'll be distraught :(

P

Aye, but my contract runs out in a year :D

Guest kiran_mk2

Look at what happened last year - the Touch came in in late June/early July and the S730, Dual and Kaiser were due in September but ended up being announced in October and available from November. I can imagine the same happening here.

Guest shootydogthing

Agreed. Judging from their refresh cycles MY next phone will be the Raphael 2 :D

Unless someone offers to buy me a Raphael... Any takers?

Guest Alkali
Agreed. Judging from their refresh cycles MY next phone will be the Raphael 2 :D

Yeah Shooty i can do that for a friend.Only condition you buy back my Jasjar off my grandmother :(

On a serious note 1.Is the new device thumb print magnet?I promise not to buy anything like that no matter how good 2. A stupid question,I do hope there is no stylus?

Guest Syphon Filter

I will...

Oooooooo did you see that? One of those flying pigs.

Guest shootydogthing
Yeah Shooty i can do that for a friend.Only condition you buy back my Jasjar off my grandmother :(

On a serious note 1.Is the new device thumb print magnet?I promise not to buy anything like that no matter how good 2. A stupid question,I do hope there is no stylus?

Thanks I think :D

And the case cleans the phone when you put it in and out.

And yes, there is. Taking the stylus out turns the phone on, it's held in magnetically. Also, taking the stylus out during a call opens a note for the contact you're calling :o

The stylus won't fall out if that's what you're worried about

Edited by shootydogthing

Guest shootydogthing
I will...

Oooooooo did you see that? One of those flying pigs.

Can I have one if I make a flying pig?

I suppose if i can do that I'd be getting enogh money anyway :D

From the whole genetic engineering thing :(

Guest laurenke

Sorry for butting in like this, but I have a question:

Does the Diamond have a removable battery? The reason I ask is that I cannot see anything that appears to be a battery cover or battery cover release...it would be very un-HTC-like not to have a removable battery, but I want to ask nonetheless.

The only thing I can figure is that the battery cover is the entire back of the phone which must slide off somehow...any confirmation?

Guest shootydogthing

Well that's how it works with the Kaiser and Touch etc (their current devices), so I'm almost certain that's how it works with this. So thats a yes.

'snot butting in, you're asking a valid question :D Welcome to the forum.

Paul, is there a dedicated camera button?

Edited by shootydogthing

Guest laurenke
Well that's how it works with the Kaiser and Touch etc (their current devices), so I'm almost certain that's how it works with this.

Oh, really? The last HTC I owned was the CDMA Apache, so I'm still getting re-aquainted with the stuff.

Thank you!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.