The 'HTC 6th May Product Launch' coverage post (now with official specs)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Syphon Filter

Mini-unboxing here:

http://www.slashphone.com/htc-touch-diamond-unboxing-16485

Those ear buds, no matter how funkily styled, look like they will be pants. The bit that sits in your ear looks like the normal HTC in-box affair, which frankly I find mighty uncomfortable/painful.

EDIT:

More shots here:

http://www.eprice.com.tw/mobile/talk/?prod...amp;tid=3698565

Edited by Syphon Filter

Guest shootydogthing

as far as I'm concerned, in ear earphones are USELESS, they don't stay in my ears. I replace them with my own ones anyway, I use kinda clip-on things

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mike1002

This will have Windows Mobile 6.1 on it correct?

Is there likely to be an upgrade to Windows Mobile 7 for this device?

Was thinking about getting one when it came out, but i dont really want to buy something thats going to be "out of date" in less than a year.

Cheers, Mike.

EDIT: Reading the Windows Mobile 7 blog on inside microsoft i think i found my answer

and that existing Windows Mobile devices could be upgraded to full Windows Mobile 7 functionality.

EDIT2: The Diamond uses gyroscopes, correct?

If it does get the upgrade to Windows Mobile 7 (which uses camera based gestures?) wont functionality be duplicated here?

Is this likely to cause any conflict?

I know that its extremely early to even speculate, as neither have been released yet, but im sure some people are making some educated guesses?

Edited by Mike1002

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Joost39

Got my "grey" HTC Touch Diamond today - thx Expansys for the fast shipping from France!

Nice and small unit, but no iPhonekiller in my opinion....Its nice, and has a flawless interface with the Win 6.1 underneath, it works.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.