Diamond FREE on O £35 tariff with £80 Auto Cashback or Jawbone Headset or 5 months FREE or Nintendo DS Lite or Wii Fit

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest redblackred
I've just spoken to mobiles.co.uk - to double check the data tariff (moving from a universal on o2) and they have told me that the standard dolphin/racoon tariffs do not come with data when bought through themselves.

can anybody confirm or deny??

Andy

Should all come with the data plans I'm guessing as the tariffs are governed by Orange not mobiles.

Guest James

Strange how i got the opposite :/ 'Its out of stock' .... then it was sent out anyway :D still, im not complaining!

That cant be right about the data not being included... the plan is the plan! and Dolphin35 comes with data! right!?!?

Also, 3 of my mates here aslo bought from them last night and have been told they have been dispatched, i think im going to be busy with technical support! :D

Guest AndyBond

Well I've spoke to orange sales (not getting any diamonds in till august) apparantly they cant keep up with demand.

They think (although didnt seem overly chuffed and pointed out that i was talking about a competitor) that the plan is the plan, and should include the data.

my heads spinning with numbers - going to check stuff out again later and may order tomorrow (at which point everyone will be out of stock)

Andy.

Guest stern
Well I've spoke to orange sales (not getting any diamonds in till august) apparantly they cant keep up with demand.

August? bugger! Would rather use the cashback from going through mobiles.co.uk to pay remainder of my contract than wait til August!

Guest redblackred

i found that the best way to find out if 'despatched' really means just that, is to simply request the royal mail tracking number. whenever i did that they always flapped about then said its not been released from the warehouse.

so i cancelled my order earlier, then ordered again.. sure enough within 20 minutes it was confirmed as despatched, i called them and they gave me the 13 digit tracking number, should b here tomorow *fingers crossed*

Guest FragMeister

Phones 4 U are offering £175 Quidco Cashback for a HTC Touch Diamond (contract phone purchase on Orange Dolphin 35 - 18 months)

http://www.quidco.com/phones-4u/

"

Note: £175 is only available on the HTC Touch Diamond on pay monthly contract on Orange Dolphin 35 (18 months) 600 Minutes.

Commission on the £175 deal will initially track at £60 but will be validated at £175. Commission will not be paid if contract is cancelled or returned.

"

Guest Cowie
so i cancelled my order earlier, then ordered again.. sure enough within 20 minutes it was confirmed as despatched, i called them and they gave me the 13 digit tracking number, should b here tomorow *fingers crossed*

So has it arrived yet? Hope you don't have to wait too long.

I must admit that I was skeptical that mine had really shipped this time but Mr Postman turned up in his red van with it first thing.

It's a bit different to the TyTN II that I'm currently using. It's small! Lovely screen as well.

Guest redblackred
So has it arrived yet? Hope you don't have to wait too long.

I must admit that I was skeptical that mine had really shipped this time but Mr Postman turned up in his red van with it first thing.

It's a bit different to the TyTN II that I'm currently using. It's small! Lovely screen as well.

Yep mine just came.

Don't really understand mobiles mucked the first order uo..anyhow its here now. Its really nice, takes some getting used to though. The only other touch phone i'd had a play with was the LG Prada - a load of well, you know. This is pretty good at the moment, bit fiddly though. I got my Jawbone headset too, not sure if I'll keep it yet.

Do you know when the mins etc will take effect?

Also, I've taken pics from the unboxing - I'll post em asap.

P.S, I also got the leather case, seems ok to me.

Edited by redblackred

Guest Cowie
Do you know when the mins etc will take effect?

I'm not sure I know what you mean? Your first bill will include your usage to that date plus a pro rata service charge plus the next month's bill effectively in advance so won't include any out of contract usage (ie. just the subscription). So you should be ready to go immediately - unless I'm wrong. Is that what you meant?

Yes, I quite like the case but I'm used to carrying my TyTN II in a belt case. I'll have to watch that I don't leave the Diamond lying around as it's significantly smaller and lighter and more likely to go down the back of the sofa.

I like the headset. The packaging was a bugger to get into though. Like some sort of chinese puzzle (please send off for solution) - probably cost half as much as the headset to produce and print.

Glad it arrived..... eventually!

Guest redblackred
I'm not sure I know what you mean? Your first bill will include your usage to that date plus a pro rata service charge plus the next month's bill effectively in advance so won't include any out of contract usage (ie. just the subscription). So you should be ready to go immediately - unless I'm wrong. Is that what you meant?

Yes, I quite like the case but I'm used to carrying my TyTN II in a belt case. I'll have to watch that I don't leave the Diamond lying around as it's significantly smaller and lighter and more likely to go down the back of the sofa.

I like the headset. The packaging was a bugger to get into though. Like some sort of chinese puzzle (please send off for solution) - probably cost half as much as the headset to produce and print.

Glad it arrived..... eventually!

Yep, same.

Have you installed any ofthe tweaks yet?

I've just tried putting onthe rotate in all programs thing but can't get it to work.

Guest nebapneb
Phones 4 U are offering £175 Quidco Cashback for a HTC Touch Diamond (contract phone purchase on Orange Dolphin 35 - 18 months)

http://www.quidco.com/phones-4u/

"

Note: £175 is only available on the HTC Touch Diamond on pay monthly contract on Orange Dolphin 35 (18 months) 600 Minutes.

Commission on the £175 deal will initially track at £60 but will be validated at £175. Commission will not be paid if contract is cancelled or returned.

"

any confirmation if this includes the 'free/500mb' orange internet thingie?

can't quite work out from the p4u website

cheers

neb

Guest nebapneb
'We' think that since orange changed their plans in July, the Dolphin 35 comes with the data as standard...

i hate upgrade time

cos i know the minute i choose to either stay with t-mo

or switch to orange, the other will pull a sweet deal out of the air

aaaaaaaaaagh :D

neb

Guest redblackred

anyone know how to make the sound louder on the phone - i dont mean e.g ringtone or music sound but rather in voice cals to the ear. its so quiet, the rocker doesnt adjust it

ESIT: Don't worry - the screen cover made it quiet :D

Edited by redblackred

Guest redblackred

Sorry for the double post - just thought I'd post a photo montage of whats in the box, i know theres many press versions but this just gives an idea of what to expect from the link in this thread.

img1908ps3.th.jpg

Guest stern
Back in stock, with more freebies available too :D

P

Arrggghhh

option 1 - 3 months left on current contract, I can upgrade to a Diamond as of today but Orange have no stock, keep number and save fiver a month on Dophin £35 but wait an undetermined amount of time for delivery, no free gift

option 2 - Sign up through mobiles.co.uk, new number, run existing contract on lowest tarrif and general messing about, get a free juicy gift and handset on next day delivery but pay fiver more a month for 18 months

HELP!

Guest rameses

Well, I've taken the plunge. Order one on Racoon 35. I've got 4 months left on my T-Mob contact but I've just called them up and they've reduced my tarriff to Combi 15 and let me keep my £5 discount - so it works out at £10.

I've flogged my Kaiser for £200 and as my Plus subs are due to renew in August a nice little profit and all is gravy. (I hope that Paul's offer of a free year still stands).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.