Who likes their Diamond?

Guest SSR

Guest petey23

I've upgraded my v1415 (S710) to a Touch diamond, ok maybe i've been reading reviews, counting down for the release date and visiting the review sites most days to the lead up of this eagerly awaited advancement of technology, and I have been none than impressed.

It's Slim, it's Sleek, I've got used to the touch flow and the amount of pressure I need to apply, I struggled with the messaging aspect, but after a week it just comes naturally, Messenger is now included, GPS works very well but I'm not confident with Vodafones Sat Nav, it still likes to take me through the centre of London.

Battery life sucks abit, at the moment I'm carrying around my little USB cable from the charger, which was a very handy Idea making it detachable.

At last they have put a 3.2 MP camera, a slight upgrade but still no flash, but down point with this is that it takes a few seconds to capture any image... probably won't use this much :D

The Text messaging is good and I like the layout, a bit like IM and it's nice to see the previous message your replying to while you type.

Addicted to the new game Teeter, and have wasted many afternoons in the office, seeing how far i can get :angry:

I've added the T3Config utility to reconfigure the Touch flow a bit and to change the theme back to Black which is how the phone looks best, I didn't even mind the Vodafone custome theme either..makes a change :D

Over all I absolutly love my Diamond, and i think anybody reading this who doesn't have one should get one.

Guest Mikeyb50

Having this phone makes me marvel at the power that this little thing has, sure it has shortcomings, but if you want pocketability than sure your gonna lose flash light, 3.5 jack , large capacity battery, expansion slot

Htc should be praised for what they have created and you just know that the next touch daimond will be the bomb in 18months, I can see the boffins at htc already working on it's future replacement.

When the xperia was announced LAST YEAR 2007 that was gonna be by next phone, the htc annonced a mistery phone launch in May the 6th which introduced the Diamond and a month later the phone is on the market, Sony announce the X1 and 12months later it's not available the mystique dies and you get fed up with the see but can't touch. The xperia already feels like an old phone due to these delays.

So I'd have to say I LOVE MY DIAMOND

Guest Alkali
When the xperia was announced LAST YEAR 2007 that was gonna be by next phone, the htc annonced a mistery phone launch in May the 6th which introduced the Diamond and a month later the phone is on the market, Sony announce the X1 and 12months later it's not available the mystique dies and you get fed up with the see but can't touch. The xperia already feels like an old phone due to these delays.

So I'd have to say I LOVE MY DIAMOND

Mikey Boy,you have said it all!If i have an uncle with Sonyericsson i will advise them to shelve the device altogether or better still to stick to what they are known for years ago i.e P900 and the like :D

Edited by Alkali

Guest vii_voo

Returned my Compact 4 back to T-Mobile today, due to short battery life, although I was getting double quoted 2 hours talk time, though. Will wait for Vario 4 upgrade price, or ROM update in a few weeks.

Guest AntzDj

I love mine, however I hate the battery life! I have to charge it daily! Its Rubbish, the spec says 285 hours! I just get 23 and i hardly use it!. Also it turns itself off now and takes upto 12 times to turn on! It keeps freezing and screen crashes to a multi color display with loads of numbers on it! I think it's Fu#ked! :D

Guest Alkali
I love mine, however I hate the battery life! I have to charge it daily! Its Rubbish, the spec says 285 hours! I just get 23 and i hardly use it!. Also it turns itself off now and takes upto 12 times to turn on! It keeps freezing and screen crashes to a multi color display with loads of numbers on it! I think it's Fu#ked! :D

Upgrade the Rom and let us see!

Guest vii_voo

Yep, I just about got 24 hours. T-Mobile's quoted standby time is lower at upto 200hrs.

Guest Kevlarski

I have a Jekyll and Hyde relationship with this phone - i love it, i hate it!!!

I upgraded from an HTC Magician on Orange (SPV M500) to this Diamond on Orange with the unlimited data etc. At first look it is a great phone with much better features than my dated WM2003 model. I called Orange with some of the problems I am having on 5/8/08 as my phone was within it's 14 days until yesterday:

1. Occassional lockups/slowdown - TouchFlo3D, RSS feed, Opera, email - some tweaks from here and xda-developers have made it liveable but I still get some slowdown

2. Reception and HSDPA - never seen HSDPA (can I check if I have it in my area?) and reception is bad almost non-existant in my house.

3. Battery life - sunday fully charged before bed, monday restarting itself at 6am - no battery left - sometimes takes all day to charge.

5. OrangeSafeGuard blocking pages different times of day even though it was turned off through web account and also by calling customer services

6. HTC offer ROM updates to fix some of these - why can't i get these/why don't Orange supply? (Orange tell me HTC should update as they don't supply software, HTC say Orange should update since they have modified ROM)

7. Battery cover has started creaking, mostly when gripping the bottom of device near stylus (to lock screen with end key) but also now at the top.

Orange talked through clear storage to reset to factory and took info about how much memory was available and said they would escalate to technical support. Since then the battery has died 3 times over night. I have religously kept the charge topped up and made sure it is on full before going to bed.

Sometimes the following day when it has died I have noticed an All Day Event reminder - previously these reminders came at around 2pm the day before the event but now they go off during the night. I will test the reminder times on all day events to see if I can fix this but now it looks like Outlook and WM6 will be out of sync with when the reminders come through.

I tried a program called Tracky (GPS tracking) yesterday for a 3 mile car journey and it used 1/4 of the battery (I used no data at the time) - this makes GPS pointless if I have no external power connected - I did want to use it on my bike to track the trails that I do.

I always make sure programs have closed using task manager and I have disabled any automatic downloading from emails, weather and anything else I can find.

Also ActiveSync seems to start itself all the time. I have even set it to Manual and it still starts itself up. I tried using UpTime to track what was happening but I'm struggling to work out what is killing my battery:

Uptime Meter Plugin v3.4.3

Copyright© 2002-04 by Alexander Eltsyn ([email protected])

Report generated: 10/08/08, 08:29

Timer started 07/08/08, 11:18, 2d ago

Current uptime: 0:10

Battery charge level: 2%

Uptime Charge

-----------------

0:00 53%

0:03 52%

0:05 51%

0:06 49%

0:09 89%

0:10 2%

Cnt Uptime Application

----------------------------------------------

2 0:05 File Explorer

1 0:08 Programs

1 0:04 Windows Media

3 0:01 Word Mobile

1 0:00 Uptime settings

1 0:00 About

1 0:00 Connectivity

1 0:01 Teeter

2 0:02 ActiveSync (*)

1 0:00 RSS Hub

1 0:02 Getting Started

1 0:00 Clock

1 0:00 Settings

1 0:00 Phone

1 0:00 Calendar (*)

If anyone can help I would be most grateful. I don't want to be doing anything to my phone that affects my warranty at this stage but I am starting to think I'm going to have to update the ROM as I don't want to send this back :D It's annoying when you here people saying they are getting up to 2 days out of their device while still using Push Email, 30mins of GPS etc...

Cheers

Kev

Guest Alkali
I have a Jekyll and Hyde relationship with this phone - i love it, i hate it!!!

I upgraded from an HTC Magician on Orange (SPV M500) to this Diamond on Orange with the unlimited data etc. At first look it is a great phone with much better features than my dated WM2003 model. I called Orange with some of the problems I am having on 5/8/08 as my phone was within it's 14 days until yesterday:

1. Occassional lockups/slowdown - TouchFlo3D, RSS feed, Opera, email - some tweaks from here and xda-developers have made it liveable but I still get some slowdown

2. Reception and HSDPA - never seen HSDPA (can I check if I have it in my area?) and reception is bad almost non-existant in my house.

3. Battery life - sunday fully charged before bed, monday restarting itself at 6am - no battery left - sometimes takes all day to charge.

5. OrangeSafeGuard blocking pages different times of day even though it was turned off through web account and also by calling customer services

6. HTC offer ROM updates to fix some of these - why can't i get these/why don't Orange supply? (Orange tell me HTC should update as they don't supply software, HTC say Orange should update since they have modified ROM)

7. Battery cover has started creaking, mostly when gripping the bottom of device near stylus (to lock screen with end key) but also now at the top.

Orange talked through clear storage to reset to factory and took info about how much memory was available and said they would escalate to technical support. Since then the battery has died 3 times over night. I have religously kept the charge topped up and made sure it is on full before going to bed.

Sometimes the following day when it has died I have noticed an All Day Event reminder - previously these reminders came at around 2pm the day before the event but now they go off during the night. I will test the reminder times on all day events to see if I can fix this but now it looks like Outlook and WM6 will be out of sync with when the reminders come through.

I tried a program called Tracky (GPS tracking) yesterday for a 3 mile car journey and it used 1/4 of the battery (I used no data at the time) - this makes GPS pointless if I have no external power connected - I did want to use it on my bike to track the trails that I do.

I always make sure programs have closed using task manager and I have disabled any automatic downloading from emails, weather and anything else I can find.

Also ActiveSync seems to start itself all the time. I have even set it to Manual and it still starts itself up. I tried using UpTime to track what was happening but I'm struggling to work out what is killing my battery:

Uptime Meter Plugin v3.4.3

Copyright© 2002-04 by Alexander Eltsyn ([email protected])

Report generated: 10/08/08, 08:29

Timer started 07/08/08, 11:18, 2d ago

Current uptime: 0:10

Battery charge level: 2%

Uptime Charge

-----------------

0:00 53%

0:03 52%

0:05 51%

0:06 49%

0:09 89%

0:10 2%

Cnt Uptime Application

----------------------------------------------

2 0:05 File Explorer

1 0:08 Programs

1 0:04 Windows Media

3 0:01 Word Mobile

1 0:00 Uptime settings

1 0:00 About

1 0:00 Connectivity

1 0:01 Teeter

2 0:02 ActiveSync (*)

1 0:00 RSS Hub

1 0:02 Getting Started

1 0:00 Clock

1 0:00 Settings

1 0:00 Phone

1 0:00 Calendar (*)

If anyone can help I would be most grateful. I don't want to be doing anything to my phone that affects my warranty at this stage but I am starting to think I'm going to have to update the ROM as I don't want to send this back :D It's annoying when you here people saying they are getting up to 2 days out of their device while still using Push Email, 30mins of GPS etc...

Cheers

Kev

My Friend you have a sick phone!Take my advice and

1.Upgrade the Rom(HTC) not Xdevelopers.

2.Better still return it and get another.

All our phones do not behave the way yours does.

Guest Kevlarski
My Friend you have a sick phone!Take my advice and

1.Upgrade the Rom(HTC) not Xdevelopers.

2.Better still return it and get another.

All our phones do not behave the way yours does.

Oh dear, not the news I was hoping for. I'll get on to Orange/mobiles.co.uk today about it and see if I can get a replacement. None of them have replied since I reported the problem 5 days ago.

Thanks

Guest Kevlarski

Got a text yesterday to phone Orange support with my reference. Great, I thought, they must have a solution. The girl who I spoke to said Technical Support have replied with "Try a Hard Reset"!!!!!!!!!

I had gone through a Hard Reset on the phone with them on the 5th!!!!! I now have to wait another 4 days (estimated) for them to give me the next bit of advice "have you turned it on?". I'm so happy I have great support for this phone!

Guest hoojii
Got a text yesterday to phone Orange support with my reference. Great, I thought, they must have a solution. The girl who I spoke to said Technical Support have replied with "Try a Hard Reset"!!!!!!!!!

I had gone through a Hard Reset on the phone with them on the 5th!!!!! I now have to wait another 4 days (estimated) for them to give me the next bit of advice "have you turned it on?". I'm so happy I have great support for this phone!

I had an issue with my 1st handset regarding battery life, I had 3 options. Send it back to buymobilephones and wait for a replacement (didn't have any in stock at the time and only had a 28 day window), send it back to HTC under warranty (how long would that take?!) or send it to Orange under the insurance. I didn't have insurance but I bought it at £6 per month (can be cancelled immediately - but I won't for the time being just in case). They arrived the next day with a new handset, took my old one away. I'm now enjoying a much improved battery life on my replacement handset. Currently using Dutty's 193 rom.

I had my Diamond for about a month. Especially after the 1.93 update it worked really nice. Even GPS started working ok without lag. I would have kept it, if it weren't for the battery. If I didn't use it for other than talk + sms, I could go through a day and still have 75% or something like that left. But the moment it has to work, it spends a heckuvalot of energy producing heat, so 45-60 minutes of usage during the day and I found it impossible to make it last till bedtime.

Very sad having to give it up, but I guess that's life. Nice to know it is still useable to a lot of you guys. Now I'm back on my N95 8GB and iPhone 3G...

Edited by spvdk

Guest wingnutLP

I don't have one but did play around with a friends. The lack of hardwarde buttons on the sides is infuriating having got used to them on other HTC devices. The screen seemed slow and he complains aboout the battery life.

He rates it as a 7 out of 10 phone and I am steering well clear of it.

Does anyone know if the touch pro or X1 have more hardward buttons on the sides?

Guest richard_d

Only had it a few days (dropped the faithful vario II and half the screen is unresponsive).

A bit early to decide whether I like it or not. Size is great and I'm surprised at how little I miss the keyboard. Magnetic stylus port is nice. Still trying to get used to lack of scroll wheel and am unsure about touchflo - I'll give it a bit longer but might be uninstalling it. The GPs and google maps is nice, not sure about the Opera browser. Battery life seems a bit of an issue compared to the Vario II, but then the screen is so much better...

Guest Kevlarski

I had another message to call them. This time they suggested removing everything from Main Memory to Internal Storage on a daily basis. This includes any contacts, photos, etc. At this point I blew my lid - the phone is not functioning as advertised - orange said the phone is not faulty even though they have simply advised to wipe storage every time I have spoken to them. Take my advice and don't even bother to phone Orange when you have problems because they don't know what they are doing and clearly have a YTS with a script sitting in technical support. They don't even let you talk to technical support and they don't understand any feedback that you give them about what tech support have advised saying "I'm only telling you what Technical Support have said". Thankfully the website that I ordered off have offered to exchange for a new one since it is still within 28days. It's in the post!

Guest jimbouk

I have an orange diamond and it works ok. Having come from the Tytn2, I missed a few of the hardware buttons and was sure that I would stop using Touchflo within a couple of weeks...

But here I am over a month later and I love it... especially now I have hard-spl'd it, flashed dutty's latest rom and flashed the radio to 1.25.0.5

Its fast and using tf3d config you can set it up exactly how you like it.