(Maybe a) Solution to unbrick your omnia

Guest KM

Guest pinobee

I have just bricked my Omnia 2 days ago, and I have brought it to Samsung Service Centre for repair yesterday. They told me that the motherboard is faulty and change a new motherboard for me. If there is a way to repair the phone, I guess they won't waste the time to change the motherboard. Anyway, the phone is still under warranty. I am quite happy with their service, I got the phone back on the same day.

I have just bricked my Omnia 2 days ago, and I have brought it to Samsung Service Centre for repair yesterday. They told me that the motherboard is faulty and change a new motherboard for me. If there is a way to repair the phone, I guess they won't waste the time to change the motherboard. Anyway, the phone is still under warranty. I am quite happy with their service, I got the phone back on the same day.

Yep, but for people like me who can't take it to a service centre (my omnia is not dead, its G4 but I really want to update it) trying this things isn't a waste of time. If I could use the warranty I would have already updated it ;)

Maybe hexing the updater will work, maybe not... I am not so confident about that (read my last post).

Guest yukixu3

So.... No one can actually help us?

A step by step guide? Which rom to edit?

Summary of details:

- Omnia from Singapore

- Installed DZHH3

- Tried to install DXHI2, end up cause of port create could not be found, therefore download failed.

Now, my omnia black screen, only with power led red.

Needed:

- To know which rom to edit by using the hex editor.

- A step by step guide through the whole process.

Anyone can help us? Please... Thank you...

Guest abs_rio

ive bricked my omnia after trying a HI3 upgrade, i have the red led coming on though.

im trying to use wincontrol. i go to the software tweaks tab but i cannot work out how to use the magnifier. i keep getting an error message in german.

just wondering if anyone could help? thanks

So.... No one can actually help us?

A step by step guide? Which rom to edit?

Summary of details:

- Omnia from Singapore

- Installed DZHH3

- Tried to install DXHI2, end up cause of port create could not be found, therefore download failed.

Now, my omnia black screen, only with power led red.

Needed:

- To know which rom to edit by using the hex editor.

- A step by step guide through the whole process.

Anyone can help us? Please... Thank you...

I hexed the updater and it seems it's already looking for a "DX" omnia. Maybe now that you flashed a DZ one it will give an error. I don't know, just guessing.

If you want to make the updater look for the DZ, do this(this method will only work for DZHH3 official):

-Open HxD

-Click File>Open...

-Browse and select your updater (i900DZHH3_updater_xp.exe)

-Hold "Ctrl" and press "G" (Ctrl-G)

-Type: 092CF8F0

-Press "OK"

You should see a line like this:

.i900DX.........

on the right part os the screen

just swap the X for Z like this:

.i900DZ.........

Now save the file and try to update like the first post!

Good Luck!

Guest abs_rio

will this method flash the phone if there is only a red led coming on?

also can someone help in regards to the magnifier in wincontrol?

thanks in advance

Guest Amerikiwi
will this method flash the phone if there is only a red led coming on?

also can someone help in regards to the magnifier in wincontrol?

thanks in advance

I doubt it. I bricked mine (red light only) and read something on the net that if you can use a working omnia and get it to the ready to update screen on your pc and then swap the good omnia for the bricked one and then proceed to flash that it may work.

I tried it. It did not work - Below is exactly what happened to mine - A drived installed on the pc while I was in the middele of the flash!!

Here is his post:

Hello guys, sorry to post late here, as i really missed this thread some how..here is the solution for "incorrect version error"..

as u all know this happens, when the part 4 of the ROM update, means the Radio, is not updated..this is due to the fact that, if someone updating the ROM for the first time, the samsung updater, installs the driver when the part 4 is started, so it gets delayed and we get the error..I have done some research, and I hope this will b useful to unbrick some phones.

- The bootloader system is very much differrent in Omnia.The bootloader stays only for first 5 seconds, when onmia boots i.e when one sees " omnia " this is the bootloader mode.After that it gets brighter and OS boots.

- Now the solution is funny.One needs, one good working omnia.

- Attache the working omnia to upgrade and the moment one gets the message "version verifiied.Press OK to reboot" do not press ok...instead remove the good omnia and connect the bricked omnia.

-Make sure one connects the bricked omnia, when omnia is starting up, or one can reboot the omnia, after connecting to USB cable.

-then press OK and the updater starts the update and wait till it finishes normally.

I hope this unbricks atleast some Omnias

Maybe I'm wrong but I think once you have the red light it becomes a hardware issue.

I'll find out soon. Mine will be back from Singapore next week. I was lucky to have a warranty even though I brought it online here in NZ.

Edited by Amerikiwi

Guest abs_rio
I doubt it. I bricked mine (red light only) and read something on the net that if you can use a working omnia and get it to the ready to update screen on your pc and then swap the good omnia for the bricked one and then proceed to flash that it may work.

It did not work - I tried it.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think once you have the red light it becomes a hardware issue.

I'll find out soon. Mine will be back from Singapore next week. I was lucky to have a warranty even though I brought it online here in NZ.

yea i think ure right...i managed to get wincontrol to work...i followed the method but with no luck (getting an error message)

i've got a service centre near me (bought mine in the uk) so hopefully they should fix it under warranty.

Guest Kurvenal
yea i think ure right...i managed to get wincontrol to work...i followed the method but with no luck (getting an error message)

i've got a service centre near me (bought mine in the uk) so hopefully they should fix it under warranty.

Out of curiosity, where is the service centre in the UK? I have just bricked an Orange UK Omnia, and am trying to figure out if I should try to take it a Samsung Service Centre or not.

Many thanks,

Guest adrianw23

Ok but what i have win XP , wdmc is for vista , can anybody havesolution / my omnia dead when i try update soft , phone reboot andstart search drivers and updater shows error and now omnia dead , nocommunication

Guest abs_rio
Out of curiosity, where is the service centre in the UK? I have just bricked an Orange UK Omnia, and am trying to figure out if I should try to take it a Samsung Service Centre or not.

Many thanks,

There are several service centres which are authorised by Samsung.

If you follow this link http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicel...ocationsMain.do

Select Mobile Phones and type in your postcode, it will show your nearest one.

The closest to me was a Carphone Warehouse who have now sent it off to Samsung. I should be receiving it next week fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...

HEY, WHAT U TOLD THEM?? that u flash ur mobile?? or u just told them like ur phone is ot working aymore??

i sent mine today to the company who sell it to me.. so i would like to know.. if u say somethig diferent??

Guest super raptor

i followed your instruction but it cant find 092CF8F0

is it because mine is a vista updater??

if so, where should i change the code?

thanks mate

I hexed the updater and it seems it's already looking for a "DX" omnia. Maybe now that you flashed a DZ one it will give an error. I don't know, just guessing.

If you want to make the updater look for the DZ, do this(this method will only work for DZHH3 official):

-Open HxD

-Click File>Open...

-Browse and select your updater (i900DZHH3_updater_xp.exe)

-Hold "Ctrl" and press "G" (Ctrl-G)

-Type: 092CF8F0

-Press "OK"

You should see a line like this:

.i900DX.........

on the right part os the screen

just swap the X for Z like this:

.i900DZ.........

Now save the file and try to update like the first post!

Good Luck!

Guest famonaco

Just download wincontrol go into the software-tweaks, tab and drag the magnifier to the "Verify device" button. Now press the Enable button in wincontrol on the left side below testhandle

can someone explain me better how can i use ths wincontrol?

cheers

when i change sahj1 to sahj3 (polish rom) everything goes ok, in bootloader i see "job done" ,in log files i have "phone finished", then i was be happy becouse when i see that info ( i was flashing 4 times before my omnia) always omnia restarted and work properly, this time omnia is not started, she's shut down and die ? B)

when i flashed i have 50% battery power, but now red led is not light when i press power button and when i conected charger :/ only she a little hot on slot to the sd card.

i try method with win-control but

"PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commanding Device Large Disk Format...

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

Eboot : Write to SDRAM FAIL!!!

1-1. Download Eboot DL_MSG_READ_ERROR

Download failed!!"

Edited by javman

when i change sahj1 to sahj3 (polish rom) everything goes ok, in bootloader i see "job done" ,in log files i have "phone finished", then i was be happy becouse when i see that info ( i was flashing 4 times before my omnia) always omnia restarted and work properly, this time omnia is not started, she's shut down and die ? B)

when i flashed i have 50% battery power, but now red led is not light when i press power button and when i conected charger :/ only she a little hot on slot to the sd card.

i try method with win-control but

Any news unbricking in this condition ?

Guest capriles_smith

Guys, good evening! (and good News)

After trying everything we could get our hands on (specially in this forum) about the OMNIA problem when updating the firmware version we discovered how to get the OMNIA back up!!

This is what we did:

1) We tried to update using VISTA.

2) After downloading the first file the device stoped

3) The 'Samsung OMNIA' screan apperas and nothing else happened - The second file just didn't download!

4) After that the device only showed 'Samsung OMNIA' screen AND the had 'RED LIGHT' on.

:-(

To solve the problem follow the steps bellow:

1) Download the WinControl software;

2) Run it;

3) Click on 'Software- Tweaks'

4) Drag the MAGNIFIER right above the first check box and click SHOW ... a new check box should appear with the following text:

**************** Emergency mode ******************

5) Click on it and the 'Verify Device' button will be enable!

6) Click on it and you should be able to update it !

:-P

Notes:

i) We were using VISTA when the problem ocurred so we decided to change to another laptop with XP;

ii) We downloaded the new updater for XP;

ii) The firmware version we were trying to update was : i900DXHG3 to i900DXHJ1;

I hope we explained well enough so all of you can get the same results we did

=:-P

Cheers.

Guest Taolaoday

After trying everything we could get our hands on (specially in this forum) about the OMNIA problem when updating the firmware version we discovered how to get the OMNIA back up!!

This is what we did:

3) The 'Samsung OMNIA' screan apperas and nothing else happened - The second file just didn't download!

4) After that the device only showed 'Samsung OMNIA' screen AND the had 'RED LIGHT' on.

2) Run it;

4) Drag the MAGNIFIER right above the first check box and click SHOW ... a new check box should appear with the following text:

Notes:

i) We were using VISTA when the problem ocurred so we decided to change to another laptop with XP;

Cheers.

Hello everyone!

I couldn't find any wincontrol software to download on yahoo or google( i found one that named win-control 1.0 but can't download)

Could you please upload it some where and post the link here?

Thank you very much.

This is what we did:

2) Run it;

Notes:

Cheers.

hi, thank your for your information.

i'd like to know where exactly "the first check box" is ?

whenever my i900 connected to pc, my pc will shows "monahans...". Can your solution slove my problem?

Guest capriles_smith

I got the same problem after clicking on the Verify button ...

I solved it changing from VISTA to XP updater software and after that, using Win Control I found a hidden button on top of the Checkbox with the following text:

********** Emergency mode **********

Drag the Magnifier of the WinControl and stop right above the first checkbox ... That other check box will appear.

Click on it and see if it works.

Regards,

Guest nashillo

when I check the "emergency mode" a new dialog box appears then reboot my omnia and press accept and the updater program closes.

Anybody could help me?

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Help!

My omnia was bricked while updating and now it only has a red power light at the top with no display.

I edited the rom downloaded from official samsung site to match my omnia's firmware version (i900dd-india) and using wincontrol enabled the verify device button on the updater. I now get a message that the phone already contains the newest firmware and then the updater closes.

My omnia remains in the same state.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, This method does not work for the "red led" case, the check box is for the official samnsung i900DZHJ1_updater_xp program downloaded from de Samnsung site, (the new ones versions), run it and after it started you will see a space above the first check Box "Verify Active Sync is enabled" or some thing like that my version is on spanish.

Now run the win_control and put the magnifier glass over the such above space and press the "Show" button on Win_Control and this Emergency mode will appear.

But as told it is not working for the red led, red led means no USB comunication allowed. Only by booting on SD is a hope.

But this method will work for some other cases like Monahans hopefully.

Regard and hope we will find solution for the RED LED.

egyr