STOPPED - New graphic Interface for OMNIA

Guest Hellbender

XDA isnt developing anything for this because the developers on that forum do mainly HTC devices so the Omnia is out of luck B) Also you should try looking at UltimateLaunch http://www.ultimatelaunch.de/

if you check some of my videos you will see that i am a fan of spb mob shell..

http://omnia.servehttp.com/omnia/

and thanks to the italian guy i have this nice theme..

http://www.imarche.net/omnia/

maybe he could add your pics to a new theme... try to contact him .. lets see what happens..

Edited by septic

Guest Hileotech
My reply wasn't ment to be harsh, so i'm sorry if you took that so bad. The point is no one is picking this up, so i'm going to kill the project and transform it in a skin or something like that. Too bad.

Thing i surely know is that I wont make this more than a spare time project, this is why i rejected your proposal, that was just my opinion, i have nothing against you.

I know you don't have anything against me, and I thank you for being so nice to point it out. Your answer didn't sound harsh or anything else: I'm sure we can still be good friends!

By the way I was just trying to offer a solution to the "lack-of-time-and-programmers" problem. I totally agree with you if you consider it a spare time project. So, please, don't let your great idea be!

Best regards!!!! B)

Guest Jokes On You
if you check some of my videos you will see that i am a fan of spb mob shell..

http://omnia.servehttp.com/omnia/

and thanks to the italian guy i have this nice theme..

http://www.imarche.net/omnia/

maybe he could add your pics to a new theme... try to contact him .. lets see what happens..

He was trying to make this a full today plugin. And I do you think that if he just applies the pic that it will be usable just a back pic.

Guest Akshay_LP

Guys, basing this on anything will not work. All the full features and functionality will can only be a as a standalone today app.

By the way, approx. how many developers do you need?

Guest Jokes On You
Guys, basing this on anything will not work. All the full features and functionality will can only be a as a standalone today app.

By the way, approx. how many developers do you need?

I dont think it would take that many maybe one or two.

Guest BigDaemon

first of all: Sorry for my bad english, i am german, but i will do my very best :-)

i am reading this thread since it started with very big interest. i will buy my i900 next year in january, but i was just informing myself what cool interfaces i could use with it, because i like playing with that stuff even now on my XDA Neo ;-)

I already tested the "mock-up" of speleomaniac, which worked very well on my WinMo6-XDA Neo (even if the CPU was not fast enough ^^)

Now i am wondering, even after reading the whole thread again today, what happened to speleomaniac, the guy who coded this fantastic mock-up??? Why can´t he finish his work?? As i looked at the programm on my XDA, it seemed nearly working perfect as far as it was done.....

I am sorry i can not finish/code this myself, even now as i study nearly 2 years of computer science and learned about one year C++-Coding.

speleomaniac sent me a version of his code, but as i have never coded for PPC/Windows Mobile AND i don´t know THAT much about C++-Coding, i have to say that i am very sad i can not help us/you/me to finish this great project :-(

So:

1) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if ANYONE knows something about coding for WinMO in C++, finish this work!!!

2) What happened to speleomaniac, the guy who started coding this fantastic app???

Guest Hellbender
first of all: Sorry for my bad english, i am german, but i will do my very best :-)

i am reading this thread since it started with very big interest. i will buy my i900 next year in january, but i was just informing myself what cool interfaces i could use with it, because i like playing with that stuff even now on my XDA Neo ;-)

I already tested the "mock-up" of speleomaniac, which worked very well on my WinMo6-XDA Neo (even if the CPU was not fast enough ^^)

Now i am wondering, even after reading the whole thread again today, what happened to speleomaniac, the guy who coded this fantastic mock-up??? Why can´t he finish his work?? As i looked at the programm on my XDA, it seemed nearly working perfect as far as it was done.....

I am sorry i can not finish/code this myself, even now as i study nearly 2 years of computer science and learned about one year C++-Coding.

speleomaniac sent me a version of his code, but as i have never coded for PPC/Windows Mobile AND i don´t know THAT much about C++-Coding, i have to say that i am very sad i can not help us/you/me to finish this great project :-(

So:

1) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if ANYONE knows something about coding for WinMO in C++, finish this work!!!

2) What happened to speleomaniac, the guy who started coding this fantastic app???

Hi BigDaemon,

well the thing is that Speleomaniac stated since the start of this project that he had not much time to dedicate into it, so I actually assume he has other things to do. In fact i was even surprised by his updates of the launcher. Actually iìm still waiting for help, cause i can't do much more, even starting to learn a programming language could take ages for me, when i'll be able to do such a thing probably interfaces will be much more advanced B)

So all i can say is "let's wait and see"..... Not very edifying i know.

Guest deimoslp

Hi!

I bought a i900 last october and I'm quite interested in participating in this project. I heard you need some programmers to continue the work of Speleomaniac. I'm not a WinMo expert but I think I can help since I got some C++ background.

But first where can I find the sources of the project to get started?

Edited by deimoslp

Guest Jokes On You
Hi!

I bought a i900 last october and I'm quite interested in participating in this project. I heard you need some programmers to continue the work of Speleomaniac. I'm not a WinMo expert but I think I can help since I got some C++ background.

there is a quick demo on page 2 I think

Guest Hellbender
Hi!

You should ask Bigdaemon or Spelomaniac for the source, Speleomaniac is the author of the early demo that's on page 2.

Guest deimoslp

I finally got an early version of the sources thanks to BigDaemon. I've been trying to compile them and make them work on the windows mobile emulator but for some reason, the emulator is missing some directdraw capabilities that Speleomaniac's interface is using.

I had it running on my omnia though but I realised then that the sources were not up to date: some features of the last OmniShell that SpeleoManiac provided are missing.

Since I don't want to re-do what has already been done well, I would really like to get the latest sources of the interface. 3 days ago , I sent Speleomaniac a request for his sourcecode but I havent got any response since then.

So here I am, stuck ...

Is anybody in touch with him?

Guest Hellbender
I finally got an early version of the sources thanks to BigDaemon. I've been trying to compile them and make them work on the windows mobile emulator but for some reason, the emulator is missing some directdraw capabilities that Speleomaniac's interface is using.

I had it running on my omnia though but I realised then that the sources were not up to date: some features of the last OmniShell that SpeleoManiac provided are missing.

Since I don't want to re-do what has already been done well, I would really like to get the latest sources of the interface. 3 days ago , I sent Speleomaniac a request for his sourcecode but I havent got any response since then.

So here I am, stuck ...

Is anybody in touch with him?

Actually I'm not, so you should just wait him to read the thread or answer to you pm.

Guest LeSScro

This interface is awesome...

Test on my ASUS p535 (240x320) i resize Background only...

Slide effect is beautifull and clean...

Awesome graphics with NEON effect !

This project can't must DEAD ! Lot of potential !

Guest Jokes On You
This interface is awesome...

Test on my ASUS p535 (240x320) i resize Background only...

Slide effect is beautifull and clean...

Awesome graphics with NEON effect !

This project can't must DEAD ! Lot of potential !

This program is not dead it just needs programmers to get it really moving

Guest Hellbender
This program is not dead it just needs programmers to get it really moving

Looks like Speleomaniac will come back soon, he just had (really) more important things to do these days, but he's working on this. Let's just be patient.

Meanwhile I've updated the Lock Screen images and i'm designing some more screens. More updates in the next days.

Edited by Hellbender

Guest deimoslp
Looks like Speleomaniac will come back soon, he just had (really) more important things to do these days, but he's working on this. Let's just be patient.

Meanwhile I've updated the Lock Screen images and i'm designing some more screens. More updates in the next days.

Great work! I like the new lock screens.

As for me, lately I've focused my work on performance and usability of the spinner interface. It did improve a little but like I said, I'm only working with an old version of the sources so I'll wait for the latest ones before releasing anything.

In the meantime, I can try to implement the lockscreen if you want me to. I just need you to send me the pictures of each graphic component(digits, background, etc...).

later!

Edited by deimoslp

Guest LeSScro

New Graphics lockers are better with "Swing" B) ! Happy to hear Speleomaniac still work on this project ! B)

Wait for new graphic improvment ! Good Job Hellbender, your neon Concept is very good ! B)