STOPPED - New graphic Interface for OMNIA

Guest Hellbender

Guest Feet Maestro

Omnia really needs a cool interface like this, surely it couldnt be too hard! I would have thought coders would be all over this by now B) Please oh codering ones!! Pleaseeee

Guest Jokes On You
Omnia really needs a cool interface like this, surely it couldnt be too hard! I would have thought coders would be all over this by now B) Please oh codering ones!! Pleaseeee

I think there are two reasons that there havent been more coders on this. One is that everyone is more focused on the other interfaces out there(HomeScreen Manilla TouchFlo) and the other is around if this going to be Omnia exclusive it is going to take more time because it is harder to test it seeing as alot of programmers use HTC devices. That is just my opinion. B)

Guest LeSScro
I think there are two reasons that there havent been more coders on this. One is that everyone is more focused on the other interfaces out there(HomeScreen Manilla TouchFlo) and the other is around if this going to be Omnia exclusive it is going to take more time because it is harder to test it seeing as alot of programmers use HTC devices. That is just my opinion. B)

i agree with you... HTC user are more than Samsung.. we need search in Corean coder... B)

To waiting... i m trying some test with Wisbar desktop 2 with idea's graphic from Greatest Hellbender because your UI is designed for 400x240 and i love the NEON effect !

Preview based on screen from 1st page...

only locker PAge to test possibility with my small graphic capcacity and i create more icon to use with Wisbar hability...

907762pc_capture1.png 794130pc_capture2.png

Guest pp56825

Hellbender and all some users are using omnia and smartphones as mp3/radio players omnia home sceen it's quite bige so there is enough place to put some mp3/station info there with option to control it? info can be in two places depends where user want on top, in the middle or buttom.

similar info can be done for any other thing like part of sms,mail or last missed number with transparent background so you can read it/choice on your home screen without jumping to some other application/screen.

i have attach pic with simple demonstration of my idea, i know i'm not artist i made this using paint B)

post-423095-1227726186_thumb.png

Edited by pp56825

Guest saitronprince
Hellbender and all some users are using omnia and smartphones as mp3/radio players omnia home sceen it's quite bige so there is enough place to put some mp3/station info there with option to control it? info can be in two places depends where user want on top, in the middle or buttom.

similar info can be done for any other thing like part of sms,mail or last missed number with transparent background so you can read it/choice on your home screen without jumping to some other application/screen.

i have attach pic with simple demonstration of my idea, i know i'm not artist i made this using paint B)

That is actually a pretty good idea, we just need to have that adapted to the the font and style of the theme. Also, make it so that in the case that an MP3 isn't running, it's a couple small buttons for shortcuts (play list and maybe a 3rd button to open up media player)

ALSO everyone please ask around online for coders.

Guest Jokes On You
That is actually a pretty good idea, we just need to have that adapted to the the font and style of the theme. Also, make it so that in the case that an MP3 isn't running, it's a couple small buttons for shortcuts (play list and maybe a 3rd button to open up media player)

ALSO everyone please ask around online for coders.

What would be an even better idea would be to get this running like HomeScreen so that you can just add and change everything yourself. Im not a big weather fan so I would probably remove that but until we get some coders there is no definate way to know what can and cant be done.

Guest Hellbender
What would be an even better idea would be to get this running like HomeScreen so that you can just add and change everything yourself. Im not a big weather fan so I would probably remove that but until we get some coders there is no definate way to know what can and cant be done.

I actually agree with the audio player on the home screen, better on the lock screen, as I think you'll not be on Home Screen when listening to music. If this isn't your case i fear that a further screen (audio player) would not make the difference.

I'm not a big fan of customizability, as I said before customizability=1/visual coolness.

Plainly said : more customizability, more rules, less art.

Also we could make the Home Screen weather optional, but i'm not going to make a full set of widgets, at least not now.

For now let's say audio player OR weather, don't want things too cluttered, if you want things cluttered and all info on one page go for a today plugin.

The Perfect Interface doesn't exist, you usually choose the one that fulfill your needs for the best. So we will come to give and take with some features instead of others.

Guest deimoslp
Here are the bits for the lock screen, enjoy yourself.

thanks!

About your last screens, I prefer the second version of the contacts: the first one might look better, but the second one is less messy. But that's only my opinion.

Guest vincentvan

They are beautiful Hellbender I would like them on my Omnia too But what every Omnia user wish aTM is a voice dialing app that works also with BT headsets.

I was ready to shell out 40 bucks for voice command before finding out that the Omnia will not play with it.

Since you are obviously a gifted geek why don't you get to work on a solution to this problem?

Oh , I like better the first, but they are both great.

Cheers.

Guest Hellbender
They are beautiful Hellbender I would like them on my Omnia too But what every Omnia user wish aTM is a voice dialing app that works also with BT headsets.

I was ready to shell out 40 bucks for voice command before finding out that the Omnia will not play with it.

Since you are obviously a gifted geek why don't you get to work on a solution to this problem?

Oh , I like better the first, but they are both great.

Cheers.

Too Bad I'm not a programming geek. This is mostly about a new interface for what our omnia can do right now, not many new features atm. Further the feature you are talking about looks to me a little "professional" to code.

I don't think we will go for it at this time, maybe with more programmers.

This is the first request of this kind i see around here. Will aventually add it to the wish list.

I think designing an interface for that purpose will not be that difficult, the hard part is to code it.

Guest LeSScro
Here are the bits for the lock screen, enjoy yourself.

THX For this gift !

To contact list : effect from 1 preview but button with "circle call" from second !

Edited by LeSScro

Guest Barthlon

wow, looking great man!

i would go fot the second one, it kinda blends in with the rest of your ideas (spinner) more and the orientation of the pictures leaves more space for buttons and info etc.

btw it might be a matter of taste, but the orange on the neon green is ugly!

B)

Edited by Barthlon

Guest Hellbender
wow, looking great man!

i would go fot the second one, it kinda blends in with the rest of your ideas (spinner) more and the orientation of the pictures leaves more space for buttons and info etc.

btw it might be a matter of taste, but the orange on the neon green is ugly!

B)

Well, i choose to use orange sometime to move up things a little, when you have too many things all the same color on screen it's difficult to "read" the screen itself, so i picked up this orange and used it on the things which should pop up at first. Contrast play we can say. I should make some test with other colors.

Guest Barthlon
Well, i choose to use orange sometime to move up things a little, when you have too many things all the same color on screen it's difficult to "read" the screen itself, so i picked up this orange and used it on the things which should pop up at first. Contrast play we can say. I should make some test with other colors.

i must say i do like the letterbar and names in orange. also the big bright sun in your other pictures looks very nice. but the big orange "call" button just seems ehh... wrong to me...

B) again, just my opinion and for the rest i really like your style

Guest Hellbender
i must say i do like the letterbar and names in orange. also the big bright sun in your other pictures looks very nice. but the big orange "call" button just seems ehh... wrong to me...

B) again, just my opinion and for the rest i really like your style

Probably the matter is the design of the button itself... i will think about something else...

Guest LeSScro
Probably the matter is the design of the button itself... i will think about something else...

I think the button is great and color Orange and green is perfect ! Keep concept from other page !

My ipinion, 1st picture have beautiful displaying Cascade but buttons are to small

2nd picture have great Big button but displaying is much better in 1st !

Mix, man ! if you can ! B)

based on your zip files ! B)

Updated locker Screen WA2... QVGA

need more improvment but more easy with your pictures !

Preview

543526pc_capture1.png 8183pc_capture3.png

Hellbender, i love your concept ! very nice UI !

I hope more coders want help this project to Go Reality !

Edited by LeSScro

HI, all

I can code in some languages (c/c++, java, etc.), but I never code on WinMobile, please give me a short instruction (language, some sourcecode ) and i'll do my best.

Edited by eichyl

Guest LeSScro
HI, all

I can code in some languages (c/c++, java, etc.), but I never code on WinMobile, please give me a short instruction (language, some sourcecode ) and i'll do my best.

nice to hear this...

I think, we receive by MP, code source...

Yeahhhh , baby... B)